Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Texas Farmgirls?? Is everyone OK?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Texas Farmgirls?? Is everyone OK? Next Topic  

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  12:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Praying for all farmgirl sisters in Texas- just read that a huge tornado touched down...praying for everyones safety!!

Lori

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  2:51:09 PM  Show Profile
I've been watching the Weather channel. Be safe all of you in Texas. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  3:44:13 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone is OK. Saw footage of that tornado and they say it was a half-mile wide. Actually, two tornadoes, and one stayed on the ground for thirty minutes. Tossed tractor trailers one hundred feet into the air. Incredible. I sure hope everyone id all right.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SpyChicken
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Christine
Fond du Lac WI
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  6:08:22 PM  Show Profile
I read about the tornadoes in TX on Yahoo this afternoon...sending prayers and hugs that everyone is ok
Go to Top of Page

buzzn bee
True Blue Farmgirl

1061 Posts

Deborah
Muncie Indiana
USA
1061 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  6:56:29 PM  Show Profile
Texas,

All of you are in my heart and prayers.Farmsisters in Texas; praying that all of you are safe. I am asking God to wrap is loving arms
around all of you and that through Him during this sad time you will find peace, comfort and hope,

All of your farmsisters are here for you. Post when you can so we will know that all is safe and well with each of you.

Hugs and Prayers,
Deborah H
Buzzn Bee
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  7:05:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm so thankful that my mom no longer lives there, where it was hit hard, but one of my very best friends lives there and I can't reach her. Hoping and praying she is unharmed.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  7:17:11 PM  Show Profile
We're praying for all of you here, too! We were watching the news reports and were just awestruck with concern. I kept saying, "Oh no! We've got farmgirl sisters down there!" And I prayed. I cannot BELIEVE the pictures of those 18-wheelers flying through the air like that! I pray you all are okay. Nicole, I'll be praying for your friend, too. AND for you - you must be out of your mind with worry! Last I heard there were no reports of fatalities, so let's hope it stays that way.

You know, with all the tragedies our sisters and their communities have been facing, we really ought to figure out some way to coordinate efforts to help them somehow... Care packages, clothing, gift cards for necessities or to help with emergency shelter. Kind of like a "Farmgirl Aide" or something. I feel so helpless when this happens, but really want to do more. The government agencies help, I'm sure, but I honestly believe that there is no one who will come to our sisters' aide in times like this like us farmgirls! We should really give this some thought...

Hugs -

Nini

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(") (")*

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  7:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Praying for all of you Texans. I am sure some of you are out of power, but if you can, let us know if you are alright.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  7:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
My daughter and I were eating lunch and saw this on the news. Scary stuff.

I am way south of this. But my prayers are going out to anyone in the paths.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  8:31:08 PM  Show Profile
Praying everyone is safe.
Nini- I think Farmgirl Aide is an Awesome idea!Just wish I could figure out how to get it going....hmmmm
What if farmgirls affected could post in a certain place here on the forum for things they need- clothing, childrens items, toiletries etc. I am sure we could then all pitch in, and find/buy things needed and send them off. I would be more than willing.
Any other thoughts or suggestions?

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  06:52:48 AM  Show Profile
Praying for everyone. The storms just missed a school friend of mine, but my friend Pam can't reach her uncle or cousin.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Texas Farmgirls?? Is everyone OK? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page