Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 I am so bad...havent started my seeds yet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic I am so bad...havent started my seeds yet Next Topic  

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  3:46:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been so busy....and lazy...that I havent started my seeds for the garden yet. I usually have beautiful seedlings and I have nothing. I am hoping that this is not a bad thing and that when I do get to do them next weekend that it will be fine.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  07:22:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm sure you will get your seeds planted.. don't beat yourself up about it!!
If you are still having a hard time getting out there, start small. I don't know how much you plant, but perhaps start with 1 type of vegetable. You might just need to cross the hurdle of getting out there and once you do... your beautiful garden will take shape!!

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

Wauka Mountain Mama
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Fran
Fairburn Ga
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  07:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Your in Ga, like me. You'll be alright, we have a longer growing season. :)

I haven't started any yet either. I'll probably wait until late may once I get back from vacation. Iam not too worried. Last year I saw one of my neighbors grew all year around! They just pulled out the collards the grew all winter. I was amazed, it was such a mild winter!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  10:23:03 AM  Show Profile
I think you'll be fine. I'm from Louisiana, and not all of our seeds are planted yet. We do have a few things coming up; okra, tomatoes, and a few flowers.
Good luck.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  3:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Well I will be planting my seeds this weekend. And hope they will do fine. I havent just planted seeds directly into the ground..Just seedlings. so I think I might just wait until the seeds go to seedlings and then plant them..It has been so hot i think they will do fine...keeping my fingers crossed
Deborah

Go to Top of Page

country_lovin
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Debbie
Oregon
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  12:00:10 PM  Show Profile
It's about that time for me as well. Since I don't have enough yard for a garden, my sister in law is letting me grow in one of her garden patches.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  12:47:22 PM  Show Profile
I finally got it done....well most of it anyway. I know that peppers and okra likes the heat of the summer so I put the seeds in pots...And just waiting to be able to call the guy that plows our garden...then I get to put the other seeds in the ground...YEPPIE!!!!!!!!

Deborah

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic I am so bad...havent started my seeds yet Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page