Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Baxter crossed over the bridge early this morning.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Baxter crossed over the bridge early this morning. Next Topic
Page: of 3

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  5:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
So sorry, Diane. Losing a beloved pet is some of the worst and deepest pain there is. Baxter found love and the real 'dogs life' with you all.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Tes
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nancy
New Jersey
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2012 :  6:22:12 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful dog! He will be waiting for you up there in heaven and I am sure he is so happy now. Thanks for sharing this. I have had to go through this various times with various pets that I have had, including an iguana, but I know that I will see them all again! Blessings and prayers your way!
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  11:31:05 AM  Show Profile
Diane-
I am so sorry for your family's pain. We too had a beloved Boxer- named Buffy, whom we lost just over 2 years ago. We since rescued another dog, but no one could ever replace our Buffy- she was a very special part of our family and always will be.
I feel your pain and will pray for comfort for all of you.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

View my New Blog:
http://simplesuburbanpleasures.blogspot.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  11:49:03 AM  Show Profile
My love and thoughts are with your daughter--this is SUCH a tough decision. But the right one--I wish we could decide similarly for our human loves. Remembering this boy as I see in the above pictures, whole and healthy.

Godspeed, Baxter.

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2012 :  3:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you my dear sisters for all the prayers for my DD concerning Baxter. Every day it gets a little better. She had him cremated and brought his ashes home. She put his collar and favorite toy along with some pictures into a shadow box. They are looking for a nice urn to keep his ashes in. My DD got a tattoo of the exact replica of his paw print on her wrist with some nice words and her DH got a tattoo of Baxter on his shoulder. The artist did a wonderful job and I will post a photo soon.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2012 :  04:43:12 AM  Show Profile
I am praying that you will feel better soon. Losing a loved family member is so very hard. When my Clara passed over the bridge I cried for her for nearly 3 months. She was there for me always. I have since had to my sweet Katie go over the bridge and she was such a sweetheart. Just remember that many will not understand your pain but that is okay because there are many of us who understand.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Baxter crossed over the bridge early this morning. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page