Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Baxter crossed over the bridge early this morning.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Baxter crossed over the bridge early this morning. Next Topic
Page: of 3

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  8:16:02 PM  Show Profile
Praying that Baxter passes peacefully.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  06:09:53 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry that Baxter and his family is going through all of this pain and heartache. Nat and I are praying for him...sending all of our love!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

pennyhenny
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Missy
Dayton OH
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  07:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for dear Baxter. I'm glad he is responding well to treatment.

hugs,
-missy-

http://citychickblogging.blogspot.com/

Sisterhood Member#4003

Happiness held is the seed; Happiness shared is the flower.
John Harrigan
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  07:16:48 AM  Show Profile
:( My heart sank when I read this. It breaks my heart to look at the pictures of his sweet puppy face. I will keep you daughter and her family in my prayers and I will pray that Baxter doesn't hurt too much.

Emily
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  09:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Went through the same experience with our dog Dusty in 2009. Can feel what you are going through. Please know you have done everything in your power for Baxter and the rest is in Gods mercy. I will that say that when the time came and we made the decision (and I wish I had made it sooner),the experience was one of peace and love. I have a picture of her when I took off her collar that I treasure. I see a picture of peace, away from the suffering and knowing that mine loving eyes and reassuring hands were with her when she left this world. I thought I would never have the courage and if it had not been for my 15 years old daughter, I would not have stayed. It turned out to be one of the most significant experiences of my life and I will do this for each of my fur babies. God bless you as your live through this experience, and peace to your family.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile
Diane,
I look at his big droopy jowls & sweet face & I see some of my beloved Great Danes that have passed. I feel for your daughter. This will be very hard. Hopefully she can remember the joy he brought to her life and that will help some.
I still have dreams that my dear Dane Emily has "come back" to me & I can hug her, kiss her sweet snoot & the soft area behind her ears, & tell her she is the sweetest dog know to man. Then I wake up & cry.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  4:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. I sent them on to my daughter. They are taking it one hour at a time. He is not eating or drinking, but my DD was a vet tech and can give him fluids under his skin. She has a very good friend that is a vet that is standing by when they feel the time is right. Her DH is a drill sergeant and works long hours but is home this evening to spend it quietly together with Baxter. The other two dogs seem to know. My DD is taking it very hard. All your words help us greatly.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  4:41:42 PM  Show Profile

Baxter wearing shades.

Shannon and her boy, Baxter.

On August 19th, my DD and SIL 6th anniversary they took all three dogs boating for the day.

He was always very regal.

farmgirl sister #922

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7584 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7584 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  7:20:02 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are with you all. I know that you had a very special life with Baxter and love him very dearly and he knows that, you are his family.
bless you all.
love darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  07:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Please give your daughter a big hug from me. I have a grand dog just like Baxter except it's a girl, Daisy. So I know how you feel about yours.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  08:21:29 AM  Show Profile
It has been hard to comfort my DD over the phone. She lives in SC and I am in WI. I have been down there many times and enjoyed Baxter so much. Thank you for all the kind wishes. I have shared this site with her and hope it comforts her.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  09:01:24 AM  Show Profile
Diane, I am crying like a big baby right now. Prayers and hugs to you and your DD. I am so sorry for the loss of Baxter.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  09:07:29 AM  Show Profile
He was ready, you can see it in his eyes.
Prayers to you all
Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for Shannon, times like this are really tuff. Loved the pictures of Baxter, he looks like a very cool dog.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile
...so sorry. Heartfelt prayers on their way.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
My Blog: following my heart, dreams and Jesus ~http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ~http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  1:51:00 PM  Show Profile
My heart goes out to your daughter and all who loved Baxter. My sweet doxie Barney developed lymphoma when he was only 3. I went through the exact same thing. We just adored him. He was chocolate and tan and had these really long ears and these eyes that were just so soulful. I found the swollen nodes and I knew right away what it was. I waited a couple of weeks cause I just didn't want the vet to say it out loud. Then we went the same route, the chemo and the pills, we did everything. He lasted a year but the last few weeks he was not himself. I took him for a chemo treatment and he was sitting in the front seat as usual, but this time he didn't start to whine as we neared the vet. (he hated to be left, even though they adored him) I had a sinking feeling then. He died as soon as they took him back for treatment. They never even started. I got the call on my cell almost as soon as I left. He was ready I guess, but it so broke my heart. I wish I could hug and comfort your daughter. It is just so heart breaking. But, she knows in her heart that they did everything they could for Baxter and that he was so happy to spend his last days with those he loved and loved him so much. It will take some time and she needs to let it out. They will never forget him. He'll be waiting for them. This I know.

Hugs Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  4:37:16 PM  Show Profile
I wish I could send a hug through e-mail. I have a fourteen year-old boxer and they are the best dogs. Baxter knew he was loved and that's what counts.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7584 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7584 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  6:00:56 PM  Show Profile
My tears and prayers are with you all for Baxter. He looked like one sweet heart. Thank you for sharing his pictures with us..
Take care
hugs for you and your daughter
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  05:50:37 AM  Show Profile
I am so sorry for the loss of dear Baxter!! What beautiful pictures you have shared with us. Keeping Shannon and the entire family in my prayers- such a hard loss!!

Lori

Gernerosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile
*hug*

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
So sorry!

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  09:03:21 AM  Show Profile
So so sorry. Hugs to you all. What a beautiful soul Baxter is.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  10:17:00 AM  Show Profile
Diane, how are you and your daughter doing? I hope you both are a little better. Hugs to both of you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  2:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
I am OK, thanks for asking. The other day I was at the pet food warehouse and saw a boxer and started bawling!
My DD and her DH are taking one day at a time. My DD calls daily just to cry and reminisce. She is making a shawdowbox memorial to him and they are getting tatoos to memorialize Baxter. What can I say, she was really close to that dog.

farmgirl sister #922

- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  2:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Diane: my heart hurts for both of you. You both will be in my prayers. Hugs.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Baxter crossed over the bridge early this morning. Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page