Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  1:54:20 PM  Show Profile
My name is Liz and I'm 28, I'm a nanny/farmgirl. I am currently laid off from work because of one of my bosses taking a medical leave so I've gotten to spend the summer on my parent's farm. I've known for some time that I'd eventually like to move back here and this summer has only helped to feed my desire to do it as quickly as possible. Since I've been out of work I have gotten to help out on a few farms that some friends own as well as my parent's. I have detassled corn, driven silage truck, helped build a hoop barn, worked in the office of a dairy farm as well as regular farm chores-feeding chickens, cows, horses, gathering eggs... I also have been able to spend a good amount of time with two boys who I used to be a nanny for. Their family owns the dairy farm and last summer their dad was killed by a drunk driver. These boys are near and dear to my heart so it's been very nice to get to spend so much extra time with them.

I tend to be quite crafty in my free time. I just finished my neices haloween costume, she's going as a 50's girl in a poodle skirt with a spider on it. I also like to crochet, scrapbook and am teaching myself embroidery. I picked up MJ's newest book from the library last week and I have been having so much fun reading it and getting so many creative ideas. My big goal right now is to take on a few of the crafty projects and sell them to make money to donate to a local family whos mother is fighting a hard battle with cancer right now.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  2:46:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Liz!! You will fit right in here ! I am sure that the boys you spoke about truly appreciate the time that you have given them. What a wonderful gift.
Glad you found us!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  2:46:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Liz!!!
Boy..what a neat summer it sounds like you have had!! And I bet your parents and everyone have really appreciated your help too!
Sounds like we can learn alot from you! Even those of us ...ahem...older gals (I am talking about me!) Isn't embroidery fun..one of my favorite things!
I am sure glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:26:39 PM  Show Profile
welcome aboard Liz!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Norskema
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Candace
Central Indiana Area
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  5:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Norskema an AOL message
Hi from another newcomer! Isn't this site just so much fun?! You sound so talented and you can't say you lazed away your summer, can you?? Wow! You were a busy gal! I'm sure we'll have lots of fun days ahead learning more from each other.

Candace

Every way of a man seems right to himself but the Lord is the tester of hearts. Proverbs 21:2
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  7:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the group. I am not sure how you had time to find us as it sounds like you are very busy. I hope all your plans and desires for helping others work out for the best. Sorry to hear about the drunk driver killing thse childrens father I wish that family well.
Sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my other web store http://vintagethreads.etsy.com/
my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  06:09:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for the kind welcome :) It has been a busy summer and I've really enjoyed the vast majority of it. I've learned a lot about myself and what I can really do. (never thought I'd actually enjoy driving a silage truck)

Jenny, I've really had a good time with embroidering so far. I'm hoping to have my sister draw me up some patterns for some interesting towels.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  8:39:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Liz and welcome to the group,
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  12:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Liz,
Welcome and so glad you found us! Sounds like you have had an eventful and wonderful summer, thank you for sharing it with us! Jump in and enjoy this wonderful place!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Liz! I laughed when I saw your screen name - "one" of my names is Elizabeth, and when I was younger, my mom and dad called me Leezard sometimes! I was young enough that I would get SO mad it was funny. Now your screen name is going to make me smile whenever I see it! Glad to have you here with us!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  6:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much ladies! :)

Libbie, my name is Elizabeth, usually I go by Liz, but a few years ago a friend of mine started calling me Leezard when those Taco Bell comercials came out with the little dog saying "Here Leezard, Leezard." and it just stuck. I've had many variations as well...Lizard, Lizard-breath, Leezard-booty...lol Gotta love friends and family and their nicknames. :) Glad I could bring you a smile!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi from Michigan! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page