vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  08:52:32 AM  Show Profile
UPDATE....Check out the new "Music" . We can post all our comments about the music we love there
I think we need a thread where we can talk about music.
Music we love, music we make, music we want to trade because we're tired of it, etc.
Anybody on board with this idea??
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk

Edited by - vintagediva1 on Apr 28 2012 11:18:43 AM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  11:56:38 AM  Show Profile
I certainly am! I've asked the same thing under "Suggestions". I've asked several times.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rksmith
True Blue Farmgirl

858 Posts

Rachel
Clayton GA
USA
858 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  12:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, that'd be great!

Rachel
Farmgirl Sister #2753

True enlightenment is nothing but the nature of one's own self being fully realised-- His Holiness the Dali Lama

http://madame1313.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  3:53:05 PM  Show Profile
I am still patiently waiting for MJF to please give us a Music Section.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  4:44:18 PM  Show Profile
I think it is nearly impossible to be patient about anything having to do with music! ;)I love music!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

motherhen
Chatroom Moderator

42 Posts

Henrietta
Moscow Idaho
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  9:42:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls!

We're reluctant to create new categories when really all it takes is a robust interest in a topic to create one. Good examples are the Virtual Front Porch or Apron threads. Interest alone will keep a topic going and near the top. So, go ahead and start a thread on MUSIC.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  07:11:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm very passionate about music! I'm what you could call a music eclectic; I like most kinds of music. While some styles are not on my favorites list, I can find something that I like in most genres.

Years ago, I played the piano and the guitar; I want to take it up again, and I'm trying with the guitar, but it's difficult with time and everything going on in my life right now; soon though...I hope.

I can't always remember...well, okay, rarely remember... the names of artists and titles of songs, but that's something I'd like to work on, as well.

Oh, and I've sang in choral groups all my life and I love it. I haven't been able to do that for about five years, but an opportunity may be arising, soon. I excited about that...

Squashes and Hugs!
Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  07:41:46 AM  Show Profile
I adore music, always have. I listen to all different types (I am not bound by category names. I think there is good music and bad music in all categories.) I am self taught on the piano, guitar, and banjo. Hoping to add mandolin to that list soon. My youngest shares my love of music - we both "think" in music, if that makes sense. My husband doesn't get it because he thinks its just background noise and there is no difference in any of it, but me...I get excited about the way people put notes together. He just laughs at me. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  09:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Michele: I am still waiting patiently for a Music Section. It would be nice to have our music talk in one section, don't you think?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  09:30:07 AM  Show Profile
It's here. check out the Music thread.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  10:07:08 AM  Show Profile
Great thread Michelle! I hope it keeps on giving. lol. I love all kinds of music! Never learned to play an instrument. However, I am the one in the audience applauding the artist. The artists need our appreciation!That said, I was married to a singer (not famous) who's mother played piano and sang (famous in KC, MO. area) My 2 kids sing. Son plays flute also. DD plays piano also. DGkids sing like angels..each one of them. They play a variety of instruments...from violin to piano to french horn. One even composes her own music, and is going to college to become a conductor.

My faves right now are Dolly Parton, Toby Keith, David Garret on violin and Adele!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  11:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Check out Music. It's the new thread for music.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  5:26:40 PM  Show Profile
What is your favorite recent country song? Mine is "A Woman Like You", by Lee Brice. That boy can sing!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:51:14 AM  Show Profile
There are so many great country songs, both old and new, it would be hard to choose just one but if I had to Mine would have to be "Loving Her Was Easier" by Kris Kristofferson
Michele

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  3:31:21 PM  Show Profile
I also love Miranda Lambert's songs. She has a beautiful voice.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Music Thread Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page