Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I could have sworn we just did this!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I could have sworn we just did this! Next Topic  

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  1:28:28 PM  Show Profile
I've been on here so randomly anymore it's just sad.

We are moving again... ho hum. I know the apartment was a temporary thing until we got into our house, but because Hal has to be at this job for a while (new line of work) it is taking a while to get financing, Our lease is up and we could stay in the apartment on a month to month basis, but we have some crummy neighbors, the kids miss the wide open spaces they are used to and we pay 600.00 a month for a place without even having a washer and dryer.. This weekend and next we will be moving into a 3 bedroom rental trailer for 350.00 a month that includes a washer and dryer.. it will get us through the winter, and be cheap enough to afford the rent while we are working on the house.

We are talking to mortgage lenders again now that he has been there 6 months, so as long as everything falls into place the way I am hoping we should still be on track for getting the house in the spring.

So a packing and a hauling we will go. I sincerely hope that this is the last time until our final move.

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  2:59:49 PM  Show Profile
good luck bobbi!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  8:17:05 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with your move Bobbi! Be sure to check in and let us hear how things are going.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get your financing and be able to get your house in the spring. I wish I were there to help you pack..I am practically an expert..have moved a zillion times.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  2:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bobbi...

I know from where you come from. When I married my husband, I never asked how his finances were the years before we got married...it didn't matter to me. His ex while he was driving a truck took the money and ran. We are still cleaning up that mess. We can't get a loan.
We did get VERY lucky that the owners of the house we are lease purchasing had a heart and allowed us to move in with very little down. That took a huge gamble with us. We have only been late on a payment once, even with my husband's disability, the owners want us to get a loan to pay them off (we've lived here for 3 years) but we simply still don't have credit with the bank. The medical bills have killed any chance of ever climbing out of this quagmire.
I don't know your situation but here's a bit of advice we were told about...
What I've been told by the bank... if you get a little money that you can spare for six months, take out a secure loan for at least $1,000.0, then you make monthly payments on it, always at least one week before it's due, when it has been paid off then you get the money back. It's sad that you won't get everything out of it that you put in BUT you do start to look good to the powers to be.

Good luck with it all and I hope you find people who are willing to take a chance!

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." President Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  07:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
I am so sorry about the move but I can relate. We just moved from Texas to Arkansas three weeks ago and we moved into a rent house. We are in the process of buying a house and we should close in a a week and a half so we are about to be moving again. We had to move into the rent house because the people that we were buying the house from could not get out of their house soon enough for us to move directly into it. It's been a very stressful mess! Also as far as credit goes ours is not great either and so my sister is helping us get financing. We have credit problems from when my husband had his own business and it was not doing well. Anyway just know that I can relate to you and I wish you well.

Cindy (Arkansas)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  11:15:21 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Sep 11 2006 11:45:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  11:27:21 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Bobbi with all your plans. Even when they turn us upside down and on our heads for a while, we survive and sometimes end up going in a direction we wouldn't have considered before. And it really isn't as bad as we expected. I hope and pray for you that that is true and you see the light before too long.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile
HI!

The last few times I have been here I have been a mopey depressed sad sack of stuff. Things are FINALLY starting to look up!! We have been slowly plugging away at the house and we are getting very very close to the move in date. The walls are all painted, all thats left is the flooring which is going in now, then we can do cabinets, sinks, toilets, doors on all the bedrooms and a little insulation under the crawl space and then we are FINALLY done! We are shooting for the end of August, but will be fine if we can get in before Winter.

It's been one monster of a year and a half filled with tragic family news and lots of stress.

I have a tiny little garden where I am growing carrots, beets, peas, cilantro, and pumpkins. We also have been out wandering around wild spaces berry picking and rock hunting so that has been an uplifting thing to do too.

Sorry I've dropped off the radar for so long. Things seem to be getting a little closer to the upswing and I look forward to getting back in touch with my wonderful farmgirl friends.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  3:51:57 PM  Show Profile
Where you moving to Bobbi? I am familiar with the Helena area.
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  3:56:04 PM  Show Profile
M first post was from close to a year ago, sorry about that, I just didn't think I needed to post an entire new topic over it.

The new house is out past Lincoln Road in Helena Valley. We are out there in the trailer until it is finished.

Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  4:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Good Luck with the move Bobbi!!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  6:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Bobbie!! Good to hear from you again. And good thing the house is getting close to done. Hopefully everything will look a little rosier then. It does sound like you and the little ones are doing some nature stuff so at least being outdoors is good for the spirit. We all want our whimsey-girl back. take care. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  6:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Really good to see you back here Bobbi!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2007 :  6:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Bobbi! It is so nice to see you posting again! I hope you and the kiddos are having a bit easier of a time than you did in the apartment. Soon your house will be all done and it will be so nice to have home of your own! *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  09:29:51 AM  Show Profile
BOBBI,
so glad to hear from you. i was just thinking about you the other day and glad to hear that things are looking up. it's been a busy summer and i haven't been on here much lately. glad that you're back.
debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I could have sworn we just did this! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page