Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Crop Circles Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  6:21:57 PM  Show Profile
Take a look at the bottom of these four fruit trees. See the big circles? This is what happens when my Sweetie (hubby) does the weed eating. My neighbor works off shore, he mentioned when he flies back in a helicopter, our property looks like it is covered with crop circles!
These trees were huge, I just finish trimming the daylights out of them.
This is just a tiny area of yard. However, I have over 20 Crepe Myrtle Trees in the front yard and they all have their little crop circle area. That'll teach me to ask him to weed eat again.
Maybe putting mulch around the trees would help.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  6:49:52 PM  Show Profile
maybe a rock border, and heavy mulch inside that border...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  9:28:12 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
Don't get me starting on dh's help in the gardening arena! I asked dh to water my veggie garden one particularly warm afternoon. He didn't let the water run until cool through the black hose that was stretched out in the fierce sunlight. Killed everything with hot water.
Gotta love 'em
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  11:42:20 AM  Show Profile
What a hooooooot!!!!!!!!!!!! Funny. I think they knew what they were doing. Thanks for seeing the humor in my posts, and for commenting.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  1:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, they know what they are doing! I love the crop circle comment from your friend, I think you should just leave them, that way he'll always know when he's flying over your house! And DH can't get away from helping with the yard work! Gotta love 'em!

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2012 :  8:25:19 PM  Show Profile
Audrey, my friend was right, they do look like crop circles. It'll take the grass months to grow back. But, it sure is easy to mow around the trees now. LOL.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  05:29:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey, it looks to me like a cool, artsy new way of landscaping! Perhaps he will start a trend in lawn sculpturing.

We always have to sync up our finish mower on the tractor with the push mower we use to trim around under trees or around edges of things, so they are at the same height. One time, at our previous home, I neglected to do that, and set the push mower at a much lower height than what the finish mower was set at. So, we ended up with all of these shortly mowed patterns in the grass running from one tree to the other and around the base of each tree for weeks it seemed, before the grass in the paths I made going from tree to tree finally caught up with the rest of the lawn.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
"Look deep into Nature, and then you will understand everything better."--Albert Einstein
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  08:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Paula, so you had your own crop pattern in your yard! Thanks for sharing. If one looks at it in an "artsy" way, I guess it is cool. LOL. I won't tell my Sweetie (hubby) you mentioned that. He may want to continue his art on the rest of the yard.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Crop Circles Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page