Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 out of ideas and exhausted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic out of ideas and exhausted Next Topic
Page: of 2

RosesAreRed
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Laurie
Lehigh Acres Fl
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2012 :  8:58:51 PM  Show Profile
my oldest was 4 before he decided to sleep in his own bed for the most part. He traveled on occasion. The next one slept with us, until he was about 2, and he happily trekked off to share his big brother's bed... Although, I would still find coming to my bed some nights till he was about 11. Coming into my room from the ages of 9-11 came from a middle of the night break in at our home. Fear. We co-slept.When there wasn't room in the bed anymore, they slept on the floor. Kids are well adjusted. No biggie deal. They sleep in their own rooms at 13 and 17, and through the night. Don't sweat it. Parents are their security till they can create their own.
Go to Top of Page

princesspatches
True Blue Farmgirl

431 Posts

arttie
iron mountain michigan
USA
431 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  08:24:50 AM  Show Profile
Here is what worked for me. Yes, I had one child that slept with us until he was 5 years old. And one child that was not interested in co-sleeping at all. It depends on the family and the child.

But when i was pregnant with my second child I needed to get the older one inot his own bed. Although he was bit older, this may work. I would give him a nice warm bath laced with lavender oil (promotes sleepiness) Then I put a small t.v. and vcr in his room and turned on a 'quiet movie' and kept the volume low. So he was already feeling sleepy from the bath, then he had a distraction of the t.v and then he had to concentrate on the movie b/c the volume was quiet. Most nights he was asleep within 30 min. Sometimes I would have to go in and put on a second tape for me. But rarely.

It took a few weeks of this 'special' routine, but I had him in his own room before the new baby came.

Good Luck
Arttie in Michigan
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  12:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
We did this with soft music too. I would let her watch a "nice" short DVD then when it was done, it was music time. The CD player that we have has a endless play feature that was wonderful.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic out of ideas and exhausted Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page