Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Round #7 -Heart Yo Yo Swap with a twist! Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #7 -Heart Yo Yo Swap with a twist! Update Next Topic
Page: of 6

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  09:21:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,

Just wanted to let y'all know I still have some to send out - we just got back from vacation - they'll be in the mail this week!!

And for those of you who have sent - I haven't picked up my mail from the post office yet so as soon as I do I will post so you will know what I have rec'd.

Better late than never!

Lainey Lou

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  9:52:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda,

Got my mail and your pkg of yoyos was there. Very cute and I too like the ribbon. Have to ask, where is Montgomery - I thought I knew all the towns in Texas and you slipped a new one in on me! I am formally of the San Antonio and Austin area most of my life and miss it horribly - Georgia just doesn't compare. It's pretty to look at but it's just not Texas!

Anyway ... Thanx for the yo-yos!
Lainey Lou #3848

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  8:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for asking Lainey, I live about 24 miles west of Conroe, and about 7 miles from lake Conroe. We go to Austin about 3 times a year to car shows.

Ladies, am I missing something, I have only received 2 sets of yoyo's from #7 and we have started #8. I know a coupla said they were going to be late. Has everyone received theirs. Maybe they got lost in the mail or the post office messed up. Please let me know. Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  12:53:36 PM  Show Profile

Hey Linda,

Well that was a new one to me, I know where Conroe is just hadn't here heard of your town - but now I know!

You were asking about rec. yo-yos - I have rec.4 sets and I am guilty of being late with mine working on them as we speak - be in the mail soon for those of you whohave not recvd. from me. So I have not recvd. all mine yet either - I thought maybe some were waiting on me to send mine. Good luck with yours.

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  12:22:00 AM  Show Profile
I have received from Linda, Julie, Shelly, Lainey and Judith and myself. So, Margo gets a pass on this Swap because of her treatments...so there are still 3 people left who haven't mailed out yet.

Come on YoYo Mamas...let's get these yoyos out since we are already on to the next round.

I sent all of mine out, so Linda...I hope you got mine.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  7:32:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ladies for responding. I have received from Judith and Julie and myself. I do have a concern. That we have not completed #7 and we are onto #8, this puts the ladies that are behind, even further if they are wanting to participate in #8. I suggest we delay #8 or we do it and then pause to let everyone catch up. Thanks for letting me vent and we all know that summer is busy time anyways. I always like to check off on my list when I mail to each one and then check again when I receive yoyo's. Thanks Linda
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  8:12:15 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sissarge

Thanks Ladies for responding. I have received from Judith and Julie and myself. I do have a concern. That we have not completed #7 and we are onto #8, this puts the ladies that are behind, even further if they are wanting to participate in #8. I suggest we delay #8 or we do it and then pause to let everyone catch up. Thanks for letting me vent and we all know that summer is busy time anyways. I always like to check off on my list when I mail to each one and then check again when I receive yoyo's. Thanks Linda

Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  8:24:16 PM  Show Profile

Well I am finally just about finished with the yo-yos and Lorrie, Shelley, Margo and Linda I have yours finished and they will be mailed out tomorrow. Debi and Michelle I hope to get yours finished in time to get them in the mail also - if they don't go out tomorrow they will go out the next day.

I think I should have gone ahead and sent the big ones I had made instead of deciding to do them over smaller - I feel I have yo-yos coming out my ears!!! Now I am starting the next batch - just a glutten for punishment I guess, not really, I'm having fun.

Sorry it has taken me so long ladies, but like I said before - better late than never!

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  11:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Linda...you should have received mine already if not it is wandering the country somewhere.

I sent all mine out weeks ago. But I sent 5 pkgs out and then a week or two later I sent the last
four pkgs out.

I also emailed Judith to see about extending the Round #8 swap out over the summer. That way everyone can take their time...and maybe those of you who didn't sign up for round 8 but would have if you had round 7 done...would still be able to participate.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 25 2012 11:48:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  07:30:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, I believe you all received my Patriotic yo-yo s.

Well,Yo Yo Mammas, it appears "great minds think alike".
Seems like I may have overwhelmed a few swappers with such a quick turn around date for Swap #8 (not my intention)

Linda and Peggy, great idea! All of you Farmgirl yo yo swappers please, see Summer Vacation swap #8 for new info!

This should give our round #7 catch up time, and a chance for all of us to catch our breath. Have a wonderful summer!!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  08:28:07 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I received your wonderful yo yos. I love them and the lovely tuck ins too!

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  12:34:22 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn--I have not received yours, so the post office must be driving around with it. Please don't feel obligated to replace. I do understand this can happen. Thanks for understanding, my concern is really for the ladies who are behind. I really enjoy this and want it to continue, I have loved all my yoyo's that I have received, just helps to make my collection larger.
Hope you all have a great summer.

Judith, thanks for understanding I believe this will help everyone. Looking forward to the one in August. Thanks for keeping it the same, so that if anyone has purchased items for the swap, they can use them. Have a great Summer!! Its already so hot here.

Huggs to all the yoyo mommas---Linda Farmgirl #946
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  2:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Linda...if you don't get them say by mid June let me know and I will make you some more.
I don't want anyone to go without. I also made a larger black N white yoyo with lace/and or netting for use on a hat, jacket or
purse as an extra tuck.

You could also check your local post office and see if some of
the postage fell off or something, even though the postal clerk at my annix post office
affixed them all for me...you just never know. I had one mail-art piece that I sent to Colorado
last fall that took a month and a half to get there and believe it or not...my Mail Art piece for
May this year also went to someone else in CO and I mailed it 12 days ago and she still hasn't
gotten it. And the post office wants to shut down because they don't have enough business. Give
me a break!

Anyway, I love making the yoyos and will absolutely make you some if yours don't show up.

Hugs and Loves,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 26 2012 2:23:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  9:43:39 PM  Show Profile
I have to laugh, I just got all of mine finished today and sent them all out and wouldn't you know the one I was fixing to start gets delayed - don't get me wrong I'm not complaining 'cause I have lots of post cards to write, it's just that that is how it seems to go for me - it makes me laugh and I think that is why my husband calls me 'Murphy' all the time!!!Anyway, now I know and I'll go and write some psotcards, besides I didn't even have any material yet, hee-hee but that won't stop me from going shopping for it! hee-hee!

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2012 :  12:00:30 AM  Show Profile
Elaine and Other YoYo Mamas...just because we postponed the swap doesn't me you can't start making your
yoyos for Round 8 NOW...because you can...and you can take your time doing it and not be rushed. That is the whole reason for postponing. To let everyone in Round 7 get theirs sent out, then take a little breather and start your next bunch. That is how the early mail-outs come about in each swap. I looked at my material today and thought "hmmm maybe I will cut out my circles and hearts tonight". Which I didn't but probably will in the next day or two. I am with you...I am doing the 50 State Postcards too...but I will be doing a few postcards, then a few yoyos, then a few postcards, then a few yoyos and then throw in a
June Dotee Doll, and knitting and crocheting and before you know it...you are done with everything and you
didn't have to stress over any of it. LOL

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  10:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peggy,

You are so right. I'm starting to get it together with this Farmgirl stuff. I went to get some more material this morning, found some really cute buttons and got started on the next group of yo-yos and they are tuirning out very nice. I tried my hand at the hearts and they are turning out nicely also. I got some really cute material and am trying some ideas out to make them even more special when I make them. It is fun to try new stuff. I had started to do postcards with some old funky ones I had and decided to order some new ones made - ordered them night before last and just got the notice they had been shipped so they should get here in a few days.
I am also doing the 'local' swap but although I have been looking haven't really found anything that trips my trigger yet. So as I said I am starting to get this Farmgirl stuff figuured out.

You are always so nice Peggy, always a nice word or way to look or approach something - thanx for being you.

Lots of Farmgirl Hugs,
Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  11:38:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lainey...I am so excited that you went ahead and started for round #8. In fact I did too. I made
7 hearts and 7 circles tonight. So, I feel like I got a good start. But now I will set that aside for
a few days and work on other projects.

I ordered my Postcards too and was surprised that they mailed out earlier than they said they would.
I can't wait to see them and start writing out a few of those too.

I saw the Local Swap...and that looks like a fun one. Oh, if only we could do them all! LOL But, no
that would be too expensive and we would all go bananas with the pressure and time constraints.

Thank you for the sweet compliment. I think all Farmgirls Rock! And have more FUN than any other women
anywhere. And this Group is Special To My Heart! (pun intended!)

Love and Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  9:03:48 PM  Show Profile
Lainey, Thanks for the yoyo's I received today, also the candies, and the button pins. Loved your materials and buttons. and your handwriting is beautiful. Thanks again, and have a great weekend.
Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  10:48:24 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda,

I am so glad you liked them and again so sorry they were late, but at least I got them done and mailed and hopefully everyone will have them before too much longer - I was beginning to wonder if they got there or not. I've started my next batch and should be Johnny on the spot with them, if they don't add anyone, by August. I've got almost half my postcards done and hope to mail them all out Monday, then send my local gift off and I'll have to start on my SS. Fun, fun, fun! Well,thanx again for letting me know - hope you enjoy.

Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  09:41:50 AM  Show Profile
lainey i received your wonderful envelope yesterday! your yo yo's look so neat and tidy!!!!! the fabrics are great and thanx for the tucks!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Lainey Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Lainey Lou (Elaine)
Marietta Ga
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  10:48:00 AM  Show Profile
Margo,

You're quite welcome, I'm so glad you liked them. I had my doubts when I first started making them, but I think I've got it going now even on the hearts. I don't feel as good about them as I do the circle ones, but I'm working on it. I've started on the #8 batch already and have a good number of them done and I really am having fun with them. I got some real cute fabrics, at least I like them, and am trying to center designs on the backsides and am trying some different ideas for using them - so I am glad I got involved.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tucks - but truth be known when I was getting them ready to send I thought they looked too slim and later I found a bag with some more things I was gonna put in! I'll just use them later I guess. Well I guess I should get back to my postcards.

Farmgirl Hugzz,
Lainey Lou #3848

Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  05:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Have we heard anymore from the other ladies that are signed up? I know summer is here and now we are all busy. Maybe this is not my business, but just checking in.

Ladies, if you signed up and have been unable to complete, let us hear something. Let us know how far along you are or if you are not able to complete. This way it could be closed out. Please let our hostess know.

I have received 4 sets including mine, then one was lost in mail, and the other lady is battling a medical problem, so this leaves 4-you know who you are just let us hear something. So we can move on. Thanks---Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile
linda thank you for bringing this forward; you are not the only sister who has not rec'd some of the round #7 yo yo's...

gals- c'mon...you know who you are- if you need to pm me!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  10:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies...we gave everyone way more time than we usually do. DEAD LINES ARE FOR A REASON, but because
some of you were new...we cut you extra slack. But Good Grief...not all summer!!!

I don't want to have to go to limiting this Swap to only Farmgirls who have 100+ posts...but I will if our
Newbies don't complete their obligations.

You now have two weeks to get your Round 7 yoyo's mailed out. After two weeks we will close this round and if you did not finish this round you will not be allowed to join the next round. Just remember...every one mailed to you...so do the right thing and mail to them also. Thanks Farmgirls...I trust you will not let us down.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 11 2012 10:44:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  12:13:14 PM  Show Profile

Thank YOU Michelle for the yoyo's and tucks! Loved the 4th of July ATC!

It was fun to come home from Seattle and find sooooo much fun Farmgirl mail. We do
THE BEST SNAIL MAIL EVER!!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Round #7 -Heart Yo Yo Swap with a twist! Update Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page