Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Getting that tickle in my chest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Getting that tickle in my chest Next Topic  

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  4:07:17 PM  Show Profile
I feel a bad cold coming on. I'm worn out and have a little cough.

What can I do to keep this away? I don't think my neti pot would help. Or would it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My new blog - http://citychickadventures.blogspot.com/ Come visit me!

Farm Girl #790

http://pinterest.com/debbie_s/

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2012 :  4:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Zinc cough drops and nose spray. I think that it helped my cough and cold. I still used my neti pot too. But did you read about the bacteria problems with them and that you should use distilled water and run thru the dish washer often.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  9:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Zinc lozenges have been helpful to me in the past. Hope you kick it!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  07:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ugh- it must be going around because Nora and Doug had it but got over it relatively quickly but it sure has knocked me for a loop! I hope you get better soon! Really push the liquids- lots of mint tea with honey always helps me!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  09:19:57 AM  Show Profile
Hope y'all get better soon. Zinc cough drops always help me.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  5:34:29 PM  Show Profile
I've had it for a week now and at night am coughing so hard that I can't sleep. I tried the ColdEze, but didn't start taking it soon enough. It started out as a scratchy throat, then a sore throat, then a persistent cough. When it set in, it hit me hard. I tried the natural route, i.e., Sambuca, hot lemon water w/honey, etc. Nothing helped. Then I switched over to children's Multi-Symptom Triaminic (bubble gum flavored! yuck!) which was recommended to me by a pharmacist. I'm very sensitive to any kind of meds and she assured me that this would be safe and do the trick. I'm also having a toddy of whiskey/water/honey/lemon at night. I think this type of thing has to run its course. I wonder, though, if allergies have something to do with it. All the trees are in full bloom here in North Carolina.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  11:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Gee, Bella, I don't think allergies usually cause such persistent coughing. Is it a dry or productive cough? If it is dry and you can't get any "satisfaction" from coughing ... it may have turned into bronchitis

Hope the weekend makes all the difference in how you feel!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  1:38:41 PM  Show Profile
I coughed most of Saturday night, so hardly any sleep. I decided to go to the 24 hour Doctors Express Sunday morning. The doctor told me that my lungs were clear, that I did not have bronchitis or strep. She said it's allergies and the coughing comes from drainage. My low grade fever, she said, was a virus. So she sent me off to get over the counter allergy medicine and Tylenol. Today I purchased cough syrup because I was still coughing last night. I have always suffered through my allergies without medication, but this is the worst I've ever had it. Now that I think back, the day before I got sick I'd been weeding one of my flower beds and had spent a lot of time outside. The trees and flowers are in full bloom here in North Carolina, so there you go.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  3:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Went to my doctor today and it turns out that I have a viral infection that is on the verge of bronchitis. So, I'm on a Z-Pak and will be taking cough medicine with codeine at night. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some sleep tonight and so will my poor husband. The doctor did tell me that with allergies, you'll feel a tickle in the chest.

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Getting that tickle in my chest Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page