traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  10:11:54 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I was in the Co-op with Ron and we passed the splitting mauls. He said something about not being surprised for my birthday. I told him that I thought a splitting maul would be a great birthday present.

I like to have my own things and know where they are and that they are available when I want/need them. Ron has a couple of splitting mauls but he uses them more than I do so I don't want to take his away. Plus his are really heavy. I only need one during the summer camping season. And it's so much easier to just keep it in the trailer than to try and remember to put it in the trailer when I'm leaving on a trip.

So, we'll see.... Maybe I'll paint the handle maroon!

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  1:19:41 PM  Show Profile
I think that is a great gift if you really want one. I like getting useful things for gifts. Every time I use it, I think of the person who gave it to me. I hope you get one!

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  06:14:24 AM  Show Profile
I love getting useful things. And I don't know why people think it awful when your husband gets useful things for you. Like who wears diamond rings and necklaces while they are playing in the dirt? Well, except for Maryjane, I don't know who does that. I need so many things for this place. Like a garden shed and all my own tools. I can't find a thing I need when I go out in that garage. And nails. I would love to get 100 pounds of various sized nails for my birthday. I can never find a good nail when I need it.

I hope you get your maul!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

rock003
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Amber
Independence ky
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  7:17:14 PM  Show Profile
Right on Kristin! My hubby mentioned a few gift ideas for my birthday thats right around the corner. While diamond earrings are great, I would much rather have new plants, tools or materials for my veggie garden. :0) Ain't nothing better than getting my hands in the dirt on a warm sunny day!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  7:33:46 PM  Show Profile
I love my big Lawn Mower. The back can stay in one place and the front goes all the way around.WHOOHOO! I'm a mowing machine.LOL--Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  8:56:05 PM  Show Profile
Kristin - send me your address. I can make your wish come true! (I'm not kidding)

I bought a really neat metal carrier thingy at an auction and it was FULL of cans of nails. I will never use them all! lol.

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  9:00:22 PM  Show Profile
I don't even own a diamond. When I got married the hubby said do you want a ring or a house, I took the house. I learned long ago to start my own tool box and I keep it in the closet with my vaccum. It's got everything I need and I always know where it is. In our basement I took one set of shelves and put the paint, nails, screws, caulk, electric or cordless tools that I use the most there and told him to keep his paws off! This way I get done what I need done.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Birthday Surprise? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page