countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  1:15:28 PM  Show Profile
I love trying out different types of new-to-me coffee! I always, always, always buy whole bean and grind it myself. I do try to buy local so it's an excuse for me to buy coffee when I'm on trips then try them out at home! Here in WI, I get Alterra mostly but I've been trying out other types. Door County Coffee is good and there was this really neat little cafe in Mackinaw City, MI that had these HUGE donuts they call the "Big Mac" and they also sell locally roasted coffee which is right up my alley!!! It pays to look around. I started drinking the mainstream big brands but now that I have realized that coffee is unique to beans and roasters I will never go back to big brand names again! I love local small names!

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  4:17:00 PM  Show Profile
My favorite is Dunkin' Donuts. If only there was a cream filled donut in the bag too.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  8:29:55 PM  Show Profile
I really like Dunkin Donuts, when I add flavored creamer, I like a very weak coffee-less creamer to make it taste like the cream flavor. lol

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  6:25:26 PM  Show Profile
I am hooked on those blasted K-cups and they are soooo expensive. I think I've gotten lazy and spoiled. I try to buy organic, something like Paul Newman's, but also like Green Mountain and Donut Shop. Occasionally I can get a good deal on them at Home Goods, Ingels, or Amazon. I need to buy the special little Keurig basket so I can make my own K-cups using regular bagged coffee.

Oh, and I remember seeing a segment about coffee on Martha Stewart and the guy said never to store coffee in the refrigerator. I don't have to worry about that because I can go through a bag in one week. We drink a lot of coffee at my house.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  10:00:43 AM  Show Profile
I keep looking for the perfect cup of coffee and coffeemaker. I like to try all different flavors but I always come back to Folgers. When we are traveling or in the city, I look for the coffee shops. I started drinking coffee when I was about 2 or 3 years old. My dad and grandmother were big coffee drinkers and I got a 1/2 cup of coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and lots of fresh cream. I am 60 now and I can't remember many days without at least one cup of coffee but most of the time 3-4 cups a day.
I like to order different coffees in samplers. Sometimes I wish I had gotten more and sometimes I am very glad that I just got a small sampling. I really like a smooth coffee, don't care for the really dark roasts.
As a nurse when I worked nights, the first few cups were mellow and smooth and the cups got stronger as the night got longer.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." EE Cummings

Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  6:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, I am also hooked on K-cups! They are easy, but expensive. I usually only drink 1 cup per day, so there is no waste, which is a savings in itself. I have several favorites: Green Mountain Nantucket Blend, Wolfgang Puck Breakfast in Bed, and Coffee People's Do-Nut Shop. For other coffees, I like Community (go Louisiana!!), Chock Full of Nuts, and Eight O'Clock. I like to try local varieties as well. I love freshly ground coffee and tried the "fill your own K-cup," but it was very messy. I know they make the disposable liners for them but have not tried that. I think one just has to experiment with different kinds.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Coffee? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page