Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Wonderful farmgirl mail day here!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wonderful farmgirl mail day here!! Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  5:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow!!!
I have had a rather rough couple of weeks ....sick with a bad head cold..now a chest cold and busy on top of that...and had unexpected..but happy!! company all weekend (my oldest son and girlfriend I was meeting for the first time..she was a dear!!!) and I have just been worn out..I am behind on nearly everything and feeling so guilty about boxes that should be in the mail for swaps and things! I had to run up north a ways with my sis in law (drove her up actually) and got home to three packages!! A wonderful "rescued" quilt top from Clare..beautiful in blues..I will finish it sometime this fall, a jar of beautiful rosy colored adorably packaged kudzu jelly from Karin and a big beautiful Virginnia cookbook from Joanne!!! Wow!! what fun!
I want to assure any of you who I owe something right now that tomorrow and Thursday all these boxes will be going out. I have a box of yarn ready to go to Catherine, a cookbook for Joanne, a pillow I made for CindyTExas will go out too, and some other little goodies. OH!! Saturday I got the most wonderful box too..with the little acorn pincushions from Frannie!!Your check went out today Fran..they are just lovely. Perfect with my stuff!! If my new MJ mag comes tomorrow I will just be over the moon..what fun stuff.
Gosh this just brightened my day.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  5:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
sorry to hear you haven't been feeling good I hope all is better now. Glad to hear you had a good day.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  6:18:17 PM  Show Profile
Mail is always a good thing! I love walking out to our road, and finding a special piece of mail or a wonderful package!

Hope your feeling better and better with each new day Jenny! Puts a smile on your face! Your boxes will get sent, and you'll feel better about that too! I have several due out myself!

love, hugs and strawberries to you and yours, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  7:35:52 PM  Show Profile
Jenny- I'm glad you are on the mend!! And all of those treats in the mail helped I'm sure!!
Hang in there- you know, things will get done eventually!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  8:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny! I've been checking your blog to see what you've been up to and just hoping that you're feeling better. Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Will look forward to seeing that box of yarn come my way and I sure hope you're still diggin' on those shoes. I'm so glad you liked them!!

I'm not behind on mailing boxes, exactly, but my dining room buffet is filled with LETTERS that have to go out! I've gotten as far as deciding who gets what card or stationary and actually addressing the envelopes. Most even have stamps. If I owe you a letter, Farmgirl, please know that your name is on an envelope and it's going out SOON!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  9:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
aunt jenny,
so glad to hear you got your acorns, but sorry to hear you have been under the weather.
i knew i hadnt seen post from you but thougth i just might be missing them. was going to check in on you today to see if the acorns came, but went to the dentist and opted to sleep thru the bad part.
hope you will be feeling better soon, and i'm glad the acorns worked out for you.
love,
fran

www.farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  04:47:48 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, get some rest and take care of yourself too! A good mail day is a cure all!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  08:25:28 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, Jenny! Prop yourself up on the sofa (or even better in bed) with a cup of something soothing and play with your new goodies the postman brought and drift off for a well deserved nap! Hope you are feeling much better soon. Nance
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  1:53:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny,

Take it easy. I prescribe tea, chick flicks and a warm cozy blanket to curl up in. Wow - I'm getting sleepy.....

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  6:27:37 PM  Show Profile
Jenny
I am so sorry to hear about your tough time!! I swear! The earth must be off kilter or something, I have had so many things go wrong these last couple of weeks, and so have lots of others...
Do know that I am thinking of you!

I am happy to hear that your FarmGirl mail cheered you up!
Love
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  6:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Dearest farmgirl Aunt Jenny. I am enjoying so much the cookbook you sent a few weeks ago. I remember last year you had a bout with pneumonia, so take care not to let that happen again. Rest, and know that we all care about you!
Jeannie

Peace
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  9:47:55 PM  Show Profile
glad you're feelin' better gurlfren .. sure does seem the faster we rush sometimes the behinder we get! take care of YOU!!! hugs, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2006 :  11:09:35 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for all your get well wishes. I do feel better today..but need to probably rest more to finish getting better. I do tend to get pneumonia easily. I have had it quite a few times and it seems that when I get a bad cold it always ends up going to my chest. I do have a more clear head today and a little more energy...had to can peaches all day. In my infinite wisdom (yeah, right) I bought 5 boxes of peaches on Monday..thinking by today I would be all better and ready to can them up. THat is a heck of alot of peaches! I got half of them done..some still in the water bath now...40 jars. So I will be busy canning again tomorrow between reading for library story hour in the morning and cubscouts here at 4pm...at least sweet husband said he would take youngest daughter to her soccer game (it is 20 miles away right at supper time) so I could be home. It was a hectic day here..I am just glad that so far no one else has got this cold!!
Thanks again for being so sweet you gals!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  6:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny - have you tried Kathy of the Enchanted Woods Lemon Balm Tincture? After her posting about it, I read up on it because my herb garden is loaded with Lemon Balm, and I read it is good for chest/catarrh as well as depression, immune system, all that good stuff. So, I made a batch and am trying it myself to stay well this winter. If Kathy is not around to send you some right away, , I would be happy to share my potion and use you as a victim, I mean, tester, just let me know. I am on day 8 of my daily drops and still going strong.

Jo
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  11:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Gosh Jo..what a sweet offer! that sounds wonderful. I am still struggling with the chest congestion big time. I have had a crazy busy schedule ( I'm just a girl who can't say no!) this week and that hasn't helped. Finally, I think..tomorrow I have a slow day and can get some rest..although I should weed the garden.
I am using some things that Blue Egg Babe Sue sent me last time I had this and it helps..some cough ease tea and a chamoile/eucalyptus steam...but at this point I will try anything. I hate to go to the doctor and hate to be on antibiotics so unless it gets worse before it gets better I am trying home remedy stuff...and drinking lots of water, which always helps.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  08:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
just sending get well wishes your way.
please, aunt jenny, try to slow down a little and take care of yourself.( those weeds will wait for you).
wish i had some words of wisdom to help out but i dont, i just know that pneumonia is no fun, and can lay you up for a long time.
so please take care and get well soon. sending healing thoughts your way. mj site just isnt the same when aunt jenny is laid up and not postin away.
hahahaha, i just thought if mona has a girl will it be the "new mona", now we wont mind that kind of "new monia" will we?

love
fran

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wonderful farmgirl mail day here!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page