Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Bible Study "Having a Real Relationship With God"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Bible Study "Having a Real Relationship With God" Next Topic
Page: of 4

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  08:58:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi GIrls, Im still here i just havent been writting much. but just to let you all know how much i enjoy you and the study.

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  09:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cheryl! SO good to "see" you!!! Please jump in anytime! Love you, sister! - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  8:06:45 PM  Show Profile
I just typed a long reply and lost it before submitting it! Once more. I Cor.15:19 always made me think of a child at Christmas expecting a certain gift and opening it to find a different one that isnt what they expected. I think of those who watched miracles then a cruxifiction and could not accept the truth of an empty grave. They were most miserable. Thank God the story didnt not end there. He did arise and conquer death, hell and the grave!!As verse 17 says if you dont get that then your faith is vain. It is for nothing. Null and void. John 11:25-26 I differ with some here but because of these verses I personally feel when we "die" we immediately enter heaven and just change dwelling places. Our body dies but we dont. We just move on. Rom. 10:1-13 shows Christ is our righteousness not our works and by simply believing we have salvation.Eph. shows we have nothing to brag about because we didnt do anything but accept what Christ did for us!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  8:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Lea, I know what it is like to type and type and have it poooooff into outerspace. I'm sure with your thoughtfulness, there were some very good tidbits we would have liked to read. If some were left out, please mention them right along.

Nini...as always..you have such a way in presenting words of truth. I love that. I do hope we will have another bible study. Hopefully one will feel led to start one so we can continue on. I feel the enemy of our souls would like to squelch any study as it takes us from the Person Who gives us life. I felt during this whole time that I was wading through mud...having little energy to wade through. I do not usually feel that way, so I really felt there were influences not wanting to glorify God or for us to get close.

I also have felt that there is a fight in the heavenlies for not only those who do not know the Lord, but for God's children. We are called to stand in the gap, and if we can be lulled into complacency, busyness (over that which we should have), fatigue, anxiety etc then we cannot be available with all the tools in our arsenal (put on the full armor of God)to fight off those influences and minister to those who need to find the Way. Let us continue to also hold each other up and pray for one another...just a short little prayer that will be used as a drink of water to those in need.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2012 :  8:33:40 PM  Show Profile
BTW, Cheryl....Hey!...I miss you and your timely comments!

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  05:35:34 AM  Show Profile
Just a thought but Claudia perhaps your last paragraph holds the key for what our next study should be about. So many Christians are not aware of the power available, how to use it or that there is even a battle to fight.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  09:28:20 AM  Show Profile
Amen Lea! I would like to find something that covers those very issues. If you have suggestions, authors who cover the subject etc, I think that would be very helpful. However, it may be a very "hot" topic. Some of the churches I have attended explain all the power for Christians and demonic powers ending in either the first century or full of mystique such as the witch hunts etc. Please give some ideas...pros and cons..and let us move forward. What do the rest who are still with us think?

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  8:53:22 PM  Show Profile
how about a study on women of the bible?

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2012 :  9:05:37 PM  Show Profile
These verses hit home a little. If I say I believe in Christ and I have faith, I need to live it everyday and learn to be a witness to others. It is also important to learn as much as I can and study my bible. This is what I am loving about this forum. Through the discussions I am able to examine my own faith and grow in my relationship with Christ. I really feel that we are going to need all the support we can get as we walk into the future.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  04:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Lesley I just read your post on the other forum and was praying for your hubbys employment. Women of the bible is a fun study. Especially when you consider some were living in areas that gave women no status.Two books came to mind I wanted to share with you so I went digging thru my stash. You see books are an addiction for me so this made quite the mess. I found one but only went thru one cabinet.I have to leave for work so it will be awhile before I can continue the hunt. It has been awhile since I read these. The one I did find is more of womens role in society today. It is written by Dee Jepsen around 1984 and it is called Women Beyond Equal Rights.Perhaps you have a library near you that would have it?Claudia perhaps hot topics wouldnt be good. I dont want to hurt anyone. Perhaps both of these come together in the fact you encouraged us to come together and pray for one another. Intercessory prayer is a good study. Women of the bible is a good study and so many come to mind who stepped up to the plate and interceeded in one form or another.Think of Deborah in the o.t.I like to think of the women who followed Jesus and "ministered" to His needs. I have to go so I wont be late. Lesley now I am thumbing thru this book going" I forgot that" let me know if you find it.I can share.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  2:49:55 PM  Show Profile
Does any one have comments on the last scriptures that I have posted so we might finish and move on? I have looked at some bible studies about women for women. One was written by Sue Poorman Richards and Lawrence Richards. It is called Women of the Bible...The Life and Times. Anyone read it? Blessings for a new month!

Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  5:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi All, Claudia I want to thank you so much for doing this study, i sure hope we can continue. Love to all of you girls .

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  09:06:40 AM  Show Profile
I have a women of the bible study by Jean Syswerda

Lesley
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2012 :  9:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Leslie...I will finish up with comments of the relationship series hopefully tomorrow as I think we are ready for a new study. Do you want to lead it?

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2012 :  10:54:29 AM  Show Profile
If Jesus had not been raised, there would be no justification for our sins, and therefore we would die in our sins. However, jesus claimed He was the Resurrection and the Life and many witnessed His life after His death. If you accept Him, you will never experience the second death. He has paid the price for us all. He has given us the Bible to know Who He is and what he wants us to do to experience a full life...His life. It is our choice. As we delve into the depths of its pages, we get to place ourselves in the place to meet Him, feel His love, know His wisdom. When it all gets down to it...He is there. All we have to do is meet Him.

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  07:13:42 AM  Show Profile
Do we stop going to this thread since Leslie started the new one?
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2012 :  07:17:20 AM  Show Profile
I didn't know that she had started a new one. I think that since there were no reponses this one is closed.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Bible Study "Having a Real Relationship With God" Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page