Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Try This
 I can't believe I used a sanding block!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Try This: Previous Topic I can't believe I used a sanding block! Next Topic  

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  09:57:10 AM  Show Profile
In a fit of not knowing what to try next, and after months of wearing nothing but flip-flops because I was pregnant, my feet were in really rough shape - much more than the delicate "pedicure wands" that you can buy at the drugstore could handle (yikes!), so I used a flexible sanding block on my feet! It works WONDERFULLY!!! It's cheap, it works, and you can easily pick one up on your next trip to the hardware store! I'm sort of embarassed to admit that I needed this, but wow - my feet look (and feel) great!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2006 :  10:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
hey join the club I always wear teva like sandles husband makes jokes about my heals. My kids call them my owes as they assume it must hurt me. My youngest two if they se me resting with my feet up go and grab lotion to try and fix moms feet. Oh well I think I am stuck this way since I like sandels

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  8:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Libbie,
I hear ya! My feet feel sort of like dog feet, to be perfectly honest. I rarely wear shoes, except outside in the winter, and if I can do it fast, not even then. I have used pumice stones for years and found that you can get big long ones in the house cleaning aisle at Walmart for the same price as the little drug store size. I've never tried the sanding block but my husband does have one! I've used the thing that lookes sort of like a cheese grater (even sounds painful) and got a little deep with it, NOT a good idea. I like the sanding or pumicing idea better.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  08:12:01 AM  Show Profile
Libbie you always ry the most interesting stuff! (Remember the food coloring blush! LOL) I don't know where you come up with these ideas!!!!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  11:45:27 AM  Show Profile
And I thought the emery board was extreme (but it does work)! Libby, I like your idea. Maybe a power sander!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  12:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! I don't know about a power sander. You might be left with little nubs! HA!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  9:05:44 PM  Show Profile
I had actally considered a Dremel, but, well...I'm chicken, I guess!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:17:59 AM  Show Profile
Balk, balk, balk. ba-gock!

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:41:58 AM  Show Profile
Heee,heee,heee....You are totally cracking me up!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  09:51:51 AM  Show Profile
I have used my electric palm sander for years!! LOL! Just make sure it is fine paper or it really eats you up. It keeps my feet nice and callous free. And for toenails, where the cuticle builds up I use a fine grinding tool on my dremel! If you ever have your nails done professionally, you will notice the tool they use is basically a dremel. I love using power tools in non traditional ways (No Tim Allen is not my biological father . . . LOL!)

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  12:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Okay, as sandal-weather is nearing, I may just buck up the courage to try the Dremel...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2007 :  12:23:05 PM  Show Profile
Well...Libbie may not be chicken after all!

To be continued.....

www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  8:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE flip flops! They're the closest you can get to being barefoot without actually being barefoot! I have claustrophobic toes! I have given up on trying to smooth my feet! I really don't mind them the way they are. My fiance is always getting onto me about my rough feet. I just tell him I don't want to ruin my natural "shoes"! And I don't! It's taken me years of summertime shoelessness to toughen these babies! hehe!

Shoe free is the way to be!

Laura

http://thecraftycatgirl.blogspot.com
http://www.craftycatgirl.etsy.com
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

oceanfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

Rachel
A Little Closer to Heaven Oregon Coast
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  9:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Send oceanfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
There are graters for feet that you can buy, that look like nutmeg graters! So your sandblock does not shock me! LOL

rachel

See what I'm up to on my blog... http://minetothine.blogspot.com
OR check out my gardening activities at http://oceanfarmgirlsgarden.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  11:39:36 AM  Show Profile
Yikes - sandal weather is almost here -- graters, Dremels, palm sanders, sanding blocks -- it sure sounds like a pedicure a la Ace Hardware to me!!! Farmgirl all the way! Now, next thing you know, we'll all realize that lay mash is the PERFECT facial exfoliator!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  1:54:47 PM  Show Profile
If you do try the lay mash, let us know! HEE HEE!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  2:01:32 PM  Show Profile
I completely identify with you. I had a baby 2 mos ago and for the last month of my pregnancy I couldnt reach my feet to put socks on let alone buff. What really helps is Lush's Volcano foot mask. They look and feel great after. I am going to try to make some of my own soon.

E-
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic I can't believe I used a sanding block! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page