vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  08:26:04 AM  Show Profile
I love the Walton's. Hoped to get a dvd of the first seasons but that didn't happen and they don't have it at my library either. But this week, I found John boy, Jim Bob and all the family on the Hallmark channel. Season 1 just started and so I am a happy gal.

Love the values on that show and their simple life style
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  08:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Michele: I watch the Walton's every once and a while. There's not much on TV that I do like, but I do like watching John Boy and his family. Like you stated, I like "the values on that show and their simply life style".
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  09:29:48 AM  Show Profile
I love the Waltons. But not the later years as much. And I don't get hallmark channel. They do sometimes come on other channels but it's been the later years. Have fun watching!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  11:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh I too love The Waltons. I watch them all the time on GMC and our Hallmark Channel. I watch them over and over again especially when I am ironing:-)
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  11:15:29 AM  Show Profile
I got a movie collection of the Walton's for Christmas (A Wedding on Walton's Mountain, Mother's Day on Walton's Mountain, A Day for Thanks on Walton's Mountain, A Walton Thanksgiving Reunion, A Walton Wedding & A Walton Easter). I don't personally have tv (I have a tv, just no tv channels lol). My cousin watches The Walton's almost every day (well, she has a timer for it on every day. Whether she gets to watch it or not is another story lol). Not quite sure what channel she gets it on (I think CTS or Vision). I think I might try getting all the seasons on DVD - something different to watch :).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

osbornefarms
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Leslea
tn
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  11:26:47 AM  Show Profile
I love the Waltons. When I built my house I had in my head what I wanted. So that's how we built it and one of my friend came over to see my house and she laughed your house looks like the Walton . I did not plan it that way I guess that was the idea I seen in my head. I have a big table that seats 16 people. The same sink , cabinet, ice box, even ringer washer. But they had a electric bill and I don't ha ha. Just thought I would add that.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  11:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm a fan, too. When we added our front porch, I printed a pic of their front porch and handed it to the carpenter and said: "Build this". LOL

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  1:02:22 PM  Show Profile
I also love to watch the Walton's. They have been playing all the old shows now for the past year on the Hallmark channel.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  1:04:34 PM  Show Profile
Outside of charlottesville, Va there is an old school on the mountain where Earl Hamner lived that houses several of the sets and memorabilia from the show. I visited it about 7 or 8 years ago while my adult daughter and I were there for a seminar. She thought I was crazy and wouldn't go with me but I had a good old time
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  2:13:57 PM  Show Profile
Am also a big Walton's fan and a few years back my (now 16 year old) daughter was hooked, too. We have almost all of the DVDs and sometimes I can't keep myself from watching it if I surf past it on tv!!!

In the mid-1980s, I lived and worked on top of the Blue Ridge Mtns. as a park ranger at Shenandoah NP. One time I went to Schyler, VA to see where the Hamners had lived. Someone in town told me the mom, Doris, stilled lived there. There was no museum, etc., at that time. Sadly, the last time I was in the area (1999) I didn't take the time to go there. I hope that someday my daughter and I will be able to go there to visit.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  2:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I'm a caregiver for my sister who is totally disabled from a traumatic brain injury. Watching TV is most of her day because it's doable (her situation is VERY complicated, difficult and complex!!!!) but one has to be careful not to pick programs that are violent thriller typs and such. We watch Waltons, Little House on the Prairie, Dr. Quinn . . . even Golden Girls, the old Dick Van Dyke shows (in black and white), Andy Griffith. They are either on TV Land, GMC or Hallmark and I don't get any of those channels at home.
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  12:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
count me in as well, i am a big fan of the waltons, and sadly right now i dont get towatch them. we dont have the hallmark channel.
wonder if i can get them on netflix?mmmmmnnnnn

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  12:50:36 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Walton's have all seasons- wore out season 1 and 2 and had to replace them. In my house we have Walton weekend maratons!! Natalie enjoyed them a lot more when she was younger, but we still have them and she bears with me. Oh my goodness how I love the Waltons!!!!

Lori
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  12:54:54 PM  Show Profile
We watch the Hallmark Channel all the time for the Waltons and Little House. Violet really likes Little House.

I also love the sitcoms from my childhood and we have a local station that shows the Odd Couple, the Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore and Mash. I swear, I'd just have cable for this station and all the extra PBS stations alone!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Walton's Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page