Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 I feel silly...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I feel silly... Next Topic  

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  10:44:10 AM  Show Profile
Alright, this is in no way deserving of the life and death prayer attention many posts get, but I am getting desperate!

Long story short, DH bought a second car last fall so he could drive it to work and I would have mine to make life easier by being able to do errands and shuttle kids when he's not home.
It's been an ordeal from the get go. After we bought it, it came up that there was a problem with the title, and that has taken literally months to resolve. We've been trying to get it emissions and registered for the past 3 weeks... Failed Emissions once, changed fuse, ran drive cycles. Failed twice, spent 200$ on more repairs. Were about to take it in this morning to run emissions again, if it passed great, if not we qualify for an emissions override and can register reguardless.....

CAN'T. FIND. The Keys. anywhere Of course its the only set.

We are so frusterated we think we should probably just sell the car whenever we do find the keys and give up on it.

So I guess pray we find the keys? LOL

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  10:52:35 AM  Show Profile
LOL! There are no silly prayers. :) I sure hope you find those keys...how frustrating!!! Here's hoping they turn up...

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  10:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Not silly at all. Hope you find your missing keys soon.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  12:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Nothing this frustrating is ever silly. I hope you find the keys and get that thing straightened out!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  12:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Jen,
What kind of a car is it? If it doesn't have theft security you can take the title to a dealership of the same make and get a key cut from the Vehicle Identification Number.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  12:26:00 PM  Show Profile
It's an 11 year old pontiac.

Ugh. been looking all day and nothing. I'm sick as a dog and probably will have to gut out each room in the house piece by piece before finding them and theres no way I'm well enough to do that... And we MUST have them by tomorrow morning. The last possible temp permit has been printed. Can't get another to get the darn car tested again until august.
So yeah, please pray by God's hand that we find those keys!

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck

Edited by - Dusky Beauty on Feb 22 2012 2:12:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  3:38:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jen, I can really relate to this. My DH loses his keys ALL the time. We even have a key rack by the door and he never uses it. Take a deep breath. Sending a prayer and good car karma. So sorry. This is so stressful. Big hugs to you. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  2:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Jen - so sorry to read of your ordeal.

My MIL is a confirmed Catholic and she swears by a little prayer to St. Anthony to find missing objects.

I'm not sure how you feel about using it, but I'm not Catholic and I say it all the time - and usually find what I am looking for. It's uncanny.

It goes like this:

"St. Anthony, St. Anthony, please help bring my (INSERT NAME OF MISSING OBJECT HERE) back to me."

Hope it works and you find those keys! Keep saying it until you find them.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  3:00:59 PM  Show Profile
I misplaced my keys a while ago- check the fridge- that's where I found mine right next to the milk I had put in the fridge in the first place!!
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  12:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Jen that is not silly at all.Will be praying that you find the key's and get everything worked out. I know that could just get on people's last nerve. -Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:19:37 PM  Show Profile
Sooo....i'm dying to know if you found your keys and where you found them. I like to put things where they will be "safe," but I usually forget where that safe place is and get so frustrated looking for what ever it was that I was looking for.

Hope you found them in time. Also hope you are feeling better!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:39:58 PM  Show Profile
Emily, I do the same thing. Nice to know I am not the only one.
Blessings Jen they will turn up.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  2:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Jen, Did you find the keys yet? Oh, I certainly hope so. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic I feel silly... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page