Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Tell me what you think of the yellow walls?!?!?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Tell me what you think of the yellow walls?!?!?!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Soon To Be Mrs States
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Claudia
State College PA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:32:48 AM  Show Profile
http://assets3.pinimg.com/upload/80853755780003212_UfwzxPez.jpg

I love the yellow! But I have been getting mixed feedback!!! In this picture the trim in still brown, but it has been painted white(Just finished this project yesterday!!) Any suggestions as to arrange things differently? The new flooring isnt in yet. Eventually it will have wood floors and not that ugly 50 year old gloomy stuff.

So what do you think?

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Well, I always love sunny yellow in a kitchen, but my husband detests yellow, period. I've always wanted to paint the exterior of our house yellow and he said "he'll move out". Yellow wakes me up, it's warm--I like it!

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:50:08 AM  Show Profile
The older I get, the more I like yellow. I have changed my kitchen from blue to sunflower yellow and little country blue. I am making sunflower curtains to hang. I still have my chickens tho I did remove some to not look so cluttered. I did get my wood floors, and love them. Your kitchen looks bright sunny and inviting. Thanks for the idea on how to have the microwave and I am assuming a toaster oven, I am going to copy you. I want my toaster oven off the countertop. I think your arrangement looks very nice. As I am getting older, I catch myself not worrying to much what others say or like, I have decided it is about me and what I like. My spouse thinks that I am the woman of the house and it is my job to make it a home for my family, I am thankful tohave him. although I still value his opinion and he freely will give it. I think I am a better person, when surrounded with the things that I like, just like being with good people, helps make you a better person. I would come over and have a cup of tea with you any time. Enjoy!! Farmgirl #946 Linda
Go to Top of Page

sissarge
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Linda
Montgomery Texas
USA
502 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  11:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Its me again, I looked at the picture offered for enlargements after I wrote the above. I just had to write again, I just noticed no sink, so your kitchen must be larger, I would love to have a prep area in front of a window, that is so cool. I have the same string roll on chicken, and I also love the enamel pans, I have collected thru the years, and used to have hanging on wall, took them down, but now I am going to climb back in attic and get a few down. thanks again for inspiring me. Linda
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I really like the sunny yellow...I think it really brights up your day....I can't wait to see it with the floors....I think you picked a great color...I painted my bedroom yellow...it is very muted yellow but it really is nice...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  2:20:57 PM  Show Profile
I Love the yellow- so warm and inviting!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Caroline Sunshine
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Carolyn
Thornton WA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  5:09:02 PM  Show Profile
I like yellow in a kitchen, too. It is sunny and bright and uplifting. I am contemplating painting the kitchen in my old farmhouse a nice yellow. After seeing yours, I think I will!

This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!

Every day on the farm is JOY to the soul!
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  5:35:31 PM  Show Profile
I love it. Someday, when we finally get around to redoing our kitchen, it will be a similar yellow.
Go to Top of Page

osbornefarms
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Leslea
tn
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  5:58:29 PM  Show Profile
I love the yellow. My kitchen is also yellow (HONEY MUSTARD) and my bath is yellow and my car is yellow ok i have a yellow problem. Love your kitchen.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  6:44:51 PM  Show Profile
I love your yellow kitchen too! I painted one of the bathrooms a pale yellow and have never been sorry. Makes me feel "sunny".

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  7:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Looks great! A kitchen needs to be cheery and welcoming. So yours is a sunshiny sunflower now. :D

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  03:29:16 AM  Show Profile
I love the color!

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Soon To Be Mrs States
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Claudia
State College PA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:21:03 AM  Show Profile
@sissarge, Yes, that is only half of my kitchen. Its an old farmhouse and the other half was too big to fit into the picture. I don't really like my sink at all, (Its very 80's and cheap looking) Its on my list of things to replace. I would love to have a big farm kitchen basin sink! I will probably end up doing that as well! But I have to do one thing at a time, I'm not going to take out a loan to fix things up, so its one thing at a time, that I can pay cash for. I'll have to post updates as I so more things!
Go to Top of Page

Soon To Be Mrs States
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Claudia
State College PA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:27:37 AM  Show Profile
If your looking to your left in the picture I originally posted, this is the wall.
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:37:45 AM  Show Profile
I love the yellow walls

Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:38:51 AM  Show Profile
I love it!!! Where we used to live, I painted the livingroom that bright yellow!!!! I was the only one that loved it, but it was very cheery and bright. No gloom and doom in there!!! Love the wall with the saying too!!!! Keep us posted as you go along. I love looking, I now live in a rented house and am not able to do all that anymore.

Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  05:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Yellow is a happy color and generally makes people feel good. Little babies LOVE yellow anything! I thing the one thing I would do is get some sort of cabinet (refurbished from used furniture or antiquey store) so that I could put the microwave and toaster oven inside it out of site..Could be painted white with just a small tad of distressing.. And of course some holes in the back for the cords to come out. Depending on the size may even give you a little more storage room.. not too tall to overwhelm the area.
Love the idea of the Farm House Sink. I have a black sink and extremely hard water.. Almost impossible to get out all the water (salts) stains. I would get stainless for my kitchem, but a beautiful white enamel would look well with your color scheme.

WAY TO GO SISTER !!
madelena # 3153
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  06:14:57 AM  Show Profile
I do like those yellow walls. Is there any chance you might paint the cart the microwave is on to match the other cabinets? I like the little black chair as it goes well with the stove and microwave. I like the colors white, black, and yellow together. I bet that wood floor will be beautiful.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  06:47:55 AM  Show Profile
I love it. 1so bright and cheery. Don't you just love the polka dot chicken. I have one just like it
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  12:04:49 PM  Show Profile
I had a yellow bedroom growing up and when I went to college, my mom painted it blue as a suprise. Let me tell you I was devastated. Seeing your yellow kitchen makes me smile, enjoy it!

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://featheredhattrading.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

fabraholic4
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jan
BURLINGAME KS
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  5:46:46 PM  Show Profile  Send fabraholic4 a Yahoo! Message
I like the yellow, it is warm and happy!

Oh for the simple life: family, quilts, corgi's, horses, homemade everything.
Go to Top of Page

Soon To Be Mrs States
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Claudia
State College PA
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  05:21:17 AM  Show Profile
I had a guest this weekend, and she said it was very welcoming and homey! It was nice to hear that my hard work painting and such is all paying off. I'll try to upload the rest of the kitchen later on today. I still need to get valances to put up. I don't like the upper part of the window looking so bare. I like the idea of yellow check gingham curtains.
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  11:58:52 AM  Show Profile
I love it. My husband won't "let" me paint the kitchen (or any room for that matter) yellow because he said it reminds him of my mother! Long story - but to be fair - she hasn't been the nicest mother-in-law to him.

Your kitchen is very nice, but it didn't change his mind when I showed him! lol. He said "Yep, it's yellow" then he looked at me and said "Don't get any ideas." I had to laugh.

Lora

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com
www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  4:26:34 PM  Show Profile
I love a yellow kitchen. Very cheery!

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:53:28 PM  Show Profile
very pretty!!
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  05:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Love it! So warm, sunny, and cheerful!

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Tell me what you think of the yellow walls?!?!?!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page