MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  3:30:14 PM  Show Profile
So it has arrived, the forewarned blizzard is upon us. And boy I have not seen it snow like this for a very long time. The weather guessers are forecasting two feet of snow for us! Thankfully I was able to bring my Hubby home from the hospital early this afternoon(he had been in for three days due to some tummy issues)and we were able to get a temporary shelter put up for the donkeys. Everyone is tucked inside, munching on hay. It should be fun digging out tomorrow morning!!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  5:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow- Stay warm and dry! We are having a cold blast here too- but very little snow if any. Then back up towards the fifties. I am glad your hubby is home safe with you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6654 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6654 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  5:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Margaret, glad hubby is home and doing well and you are prepared for our blizzard. Where is Byers? We will not get as much as you here in Florissant (I do not think), we are only suppose to get 7-14 inches, but we sure do need it so I am not complaining.
Take care and stay warm.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  6:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks For the well wishes! I hope we stay warm and do not lose power! Debbie we are on the Eastern plains...about 50 miles East of Downtown Denver.

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  6:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Margaret- good wishes to your hubby. Hope y'all are staying warm. A blizzard! My goodness, I know I couldn't handle that.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  6:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there Margaret. Sometimes it is kind of nice to be snowed in...as long as you don't have to go anywhere and all of the animals are tucked in their warmest places.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StrawHouseDesigns
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  7:31:36 PM  Show Profile
it is a good feeling going to bed knowing everyone is cozy. sending a warm hug your way. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  7:39:09 PM  Show Profile
W0W! Thats alotta snow! Glad to hear that you got hubby home before you are snowed in, and that the donkeys are warm and safe!
My boss flew out to Boulder today- bet he didnt think he would be flying into that!
Stay warm and safe!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2012 :  8:26:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm jealous!!!!! Now snuggle up beside the fire with some hot chocolate and feel blessed to have a warm home and shelter for your critters! I LOVE blizzards when all I love are safe and warm. :D

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  11:22:59 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Sweet Hens for all the well wishes and Blessings! Hubby and We have about 18" of the white stuff on the ground, with another 5" expected before it all stops tomorrow morning. I will post some pics of the Donks and horses soon. We spent a good two hours plowing, shoveling and caring for the animals this morning. And boy do I have the sore pectoral muscles to prove it too!

Here are some pics from today...

Margaret

Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com

Edited by - MEWolf on Feb 03 2012 11:25:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  8:02:58 PM  Show Profile
oh i say better you than me. we have gotten away with almost NO snow here this year. we too have fun cleaning up when we get hit. i am always sore after. hot baths and asprin. happy snow days to you. stay dry and warm you farmgirl you. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13641 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13641 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  9:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Keep your nose above the top of the snow!
Amazing how the weather on your side of the state can be SOOOOOO very different than on our side here in the southwest corner.
Thinking of you! Stay warm and safe!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tangledthreads
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Michelle
Middle Tennessee
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  08:48:54 AM  Show Profile
Wow! That is alot of snow!! Glad everyone is somewhere warm!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´Michelle Farmgirl #85

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangledthreadstn My Altered Art

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tangled-threads My Garden, etc.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
Mahatma Ghandi

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  09:52:56 AM  Show Profile
I know Ceejay, it is really something. Our youngest daughter will be heading your direction in the Fall, she will be attending Ft. Lewis College! She is excited to be in Durango.

Margaret

Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  9:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Margaret I'm glad you got your husband home safe before the storm! We really got it too though we are southeast of you on the plains we have drifts that are chest high to the horses though we had lots of fun riding through them this afternoon! I will post some pics tomorrow,stay warm and safe!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2012 :  07:12:45 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn,
Glad you all are good down your way, this was quite a storm! Can't wait to see pics! Here are a couple from yesterday:

Margaret

Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Blizzard! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page