LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  4:42:47 PM  Show Profile
That's sweet of you to say, Alee. I don't really feel like anything special, though. I just hope it works! I'm going to give her and her little ones such a good time at the Botanical Gardens next week, she will never want to sleep all day again! I hope, too, it will wear her girls out and they will sleep all night. If she will let me help her get them moving during the day, I think she would be on her way to changing this. Maybe she's just given up trying because she's just blind-tired. If I can remind her what it's like to be "normal" again, it might also give her the courage to enforce nighttime sleep with her kids.

Everyone cross their fingers and say a little prayer for her! I will let everyone know how it turns out next week!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  5:33:43 PM  Show Profile
Suzanne, you really are a true friend. I hope everything goes well.

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  09:21:14 AM  Show Profile
Fingers crossed and prayers uttered! You really are being a great friend, and I hope this works out. She's blessed to have you.

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  12:00:29 PM  Show Profile
What an awesome idea. You are what a real friend is really about. I hope that all goes well and that you all enjoy the day together. Keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  10:11:13 AM  Show Profile
What happened with the day at the Botanical Gardens? How did it go?
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  11:46:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

I am happy to report that the Botanical Gardens trip was a huge hit, and even when she tried to hint we should leave, I distracted her (and her girls) with more activities. They all stayed awake and I must say she looked happier than I have seen her in awhile!

I also convinced her to start doing the weekly preschool dance/tumbling classes with us again AND told her I wanted to plan another outing where I would do the driving for next week and she agreed to that! I am SO happy!

I did tell her that I thought getting out during DAY would be key to not living like this anymore, and I was surprised when she didn't get defensive, but actually agreed with me.

My 4 year old and 1 year old were happy to see her girls again, too, and we all had just a great time.

I guess my plan of forcibly showing her all the daytime fun she's been missing might just work.

I told her, too, that I just wouldn't accept her cancelling on plans with us anymore just because she is tired or afraid her girls will fall asleep. I am more than willing to drive.

I am really just hoping that the beginnings of a change I saw today will continue.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
You are a wonderful friend. I think this is just what she needed.

I noticed myself that since I live 1400 miles from friends and family, that it is easier just to get in that rut.

Have a wonderful day. You are such a blessing.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  2:41:37 PM  Show Profile
I just hope this is a turning point for her. I think she really must have been ready to try getting out of her rut and coming out with us reinforced that. I hope she keeps it up. I know she may have setbacks, but I hope things will steadily get more normal for her and her family again!

I am planning more "won't take no for an answer" outings with her over the next few weeks.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  09:22:05 AM  Show Profile
That's amazing, Suzanne!! I'm so glad it went well, and everyone had a blast. You're a real blessing to them, and I hope the good news continues!

Farmgirl Sister #3754
www.facebook.com/bellcountybelles
http://bellcountybelle.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/bluemonarch/
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  7:13:17 PM  Show Profile
I was amazed that it worked out so well. I really do have to think she was already in the direction of wanting things to change, she just needed a bit of a push.

I'm really just hoping it keeps going like this.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

buggysmum
True Blue Farmgirl

110 Posts

Shelly

110 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  09:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Awesome! Great to hear how well it went. You are a true friend.
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  12:42:55 PM  Show Profile
We've been on another outing with them and brought over lunch to their house and stayed for a playdate. After each of these she told me her little ones SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! And so did she! She was shocked, but happy, and I think she's been realizing that throwing themselves into daytime activities has great results. I just hope she doesn't slip back into old habits.

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  6:47:27 PM  Show Profile
Good! Happy ending...

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  7:51:35 PM  Show Profile
That's awesome, however, if old habbits resurface, she may want to look into things to make sure it's not a medical condition.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LuckyMommyof5
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Suzanne
OH
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  10:32:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to keep an eye on them and I'm hoping things are more "normal" on days we haven't been with them. I have been reluctant to ask her about other days, just because I don't want to "rock the boat" now that she seems to be taking positive steps away from the detrimental routine she was in.

It's nice to have her back among us "daytime" people, though!

Farmgirl Sister #3243

Go to Top of Page

sjmjgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

566 Posts

Stephanie
Mt. Vernon Iowa
USA
566 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  10:15:46 AM  Show Profile
That's fabulous ! Here's hoping she keeps it up!

Farmgirl Sister # 3810

Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  11:54:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad she's been so receptive lately and willing to try to have a life.
My concern with how the whole problem began was that she was letting the children make the decisions and run the house, and if she was setting up that dynamic it was going to continue to be a problem forever, not necessarily just the graveyard hours debacle. Hopefully the situation is extreme enough that she won't be tempted to "go along with what the kids want" ever again.

~*~ http://silverstarfamilyfarm.blogspot.com/ ~*~

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.”
~Erma Bombeck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic should I say something? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page