vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:00:12 PM  Show Profile

well, it's official. The bank turned down all offers on my condo. 2 of them were good cash offfers and have decided to foreclose. I have already moved but still have stuff there. I havve about 19 days to get it all out.
Bye bye credit rating.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry....hope its not as bad as it sounds

Beverly Gill

There's no place like home
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodness Michele. I know you feel blah, but if it is any consolation, it is a step toward something new and better. Having been there myself, many years ago (we lost our farm), I look back and I am amazed at where God has taken me. We are to learn from these things and use what we learn to fly. Good luck to you.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6585 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6585 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:13:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Michele I too am so very sorry. You are in my prayers.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 28 2012 2:14:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  2:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Michele,
I am sorry to hear of this, what has become a sign of the times :(.
I do love what others have said- this is closing one chapter and moving on to a new one. Sometimes these things are out of our hands, but God works in mysterious ways and definately has a plan for you.
Hugs,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  4:00:55 PM  Show Profile
Michele, so sorry to hear this - we were there almost five years ago, fighting with a bank who wouldn't budge even though people wanted to buy. It's so ridiculous!! I am thinking of you during this cruddy time. Know that things WILL get better! Hang in there, farmgirl...better things are coming!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  4:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Michele, I am so sorry to hear that. I have seen so many friends and my sister go through this. And I agree with the other girls you will work through this and God has a plan for everyone. My sister and her husband moved to another State. Slocomb Alabama. He was able to transfer with his company. He is a truck driver. They took some money out of his 401 K retirement and put a down payment down on a farm house with 5 acres. They were able to do owner financing on the remainder. It is a much bigger house then what they gave up. They are very happy with this now. All of my friends have basically done the same thing . So keep your chin up. Take one day at a time. And things will come back together for you some way. God has a promise for you. I truly believe.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  4:20:54 PM  Show Profile
What a bummer. Keep your chin up and a new door will open itself soon!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  5:00:33 PM  Show Profile
That is so awful, Michele - I'm so, so sorry to hear you're going through this. SO many people are going through this - it's heartbreaking. But like the girls said, it's not the end of the world, and things won't always be this way. And you can always repair your credit rating. It make take a little time, but you can do it. Hang tough - you will get through this! I'll be praying for you. Trust in Mary Beth's experience - and mine, too: God has an ultimate plan in all of this for you, so I'm going to pray He reveals it to you quickly and in miraculous ways!

And Dorinda is right - you can borrow against your 401(k) in an emergency, and have the opportunity to pay it back without tax ramifications - but you HAVE to pay it back or you're going to get socked with taxes in a very big, very unpleasant way. While paying it back, however, you'll be paying back the interest on a 401(k) loan to yourself; so even though you're losing on the interest of the investment in the interim, at least money you pay back it going into your "pocket" rather than to a financial institution. I strongly suggest that you discuss this with a financial advisor, though, before doing anything, because this is not, of course, the ideal situation. If it saves your condo and it works within a sound budget, it could be helpful in regaining your footing. I don't think I would borrow against it to "start over," because you'd be starting over in debt. At this point, you're starting fresh at ground zero. Getting back into debt wouldn't be the best thing. Getting back on a sound financial footing is what will protect you in the future and give you peace of mine when problems arise.

Remember - we're all here for you, no matter what. You're not alone, and you WILL get through this!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 28 2012 5:02:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  6:32:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry this is happening to you but bigger and better things are on the way. I haven't ever been in foreclosure but have lost very important big things. While it may seem to the end of the world, it's not. You will survive and recover. I gave up on my credit quite a while ago. I don't 'do' credit. I know everyone seems to say you have to have credit to live, but, I have found that's not so. I pay as I go. There are many different ways of getting a house and pickup/car without going through a bank. You just have to be resourceful and think creatively. You can repair your credit too. It's up to you!!

The sky is the limit!!

For some 'venting'-type of entertainment, please read my blog, http://lostadventuresintrucking.blogspot.com . Now with pictures!!

Also, http://lostadventuresincooking.blogspot.com is back up and running! Please check it out! Puh-leeze...??

My newest experimental blog: http://lostadventuresingreatdeals.blogspot.com Check it out!!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  7:28:40 PM  Show Profile
Michele: I agree with what all the girls have said. I am so sorry you are going through this. Remember, you are not the only one, and you will not be the last one to go through something this difficult. My prayers are with you.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:51:19 AM  Show Profile
Michele,
I am so sorry for your troubles. It may seem like the end of the world, but I know you know it isn't. That said, it is still such a difficult time for you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:10:19 AM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear. I feel so bad for so many that foreclosure becomes necessary. I hope you find a good start from here and in time even look back and be glad how it all turns out. Good luck.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Michelle I too am praying for you. You said you have already moved so at least you had a place to go. A family here had the car impounded, a babu amd another on the way and when he got fired the housing that was part of the pay check went also. They are young and she cant get hired in her condition plus the other baby needs her. They were in a panic and called her mom who will at least give them a roof over their head for now. So many are hurting and they are people who are trying to work and make it.Its sad.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:44:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, gals, for all your encouragement. I was having a little pity party for a while. the bad news arrived on Tuesday and it was the anniversary of my sweet husband's death,, so , not a good day for me anyhow. I'm trying to bounce back and your kind words have helped
Yes, I moved a couple of months ago to a manufactured home in a nice little community, and have met lots of my neighbors. They all seem nice and there are all different ages from young couples to older retirees.
I have always had a heart for teenage girls and there are lots of them here. I truly believe the Lord put me here for a reason and I think my purpose is to reach out to these girls and try to teach them home skills like baking, cooking, knitting, sewing, etc. When I go for walks, several of the girls have commented on my scarves or mittens and I have told them I would be happy to teach them to knit. Hopefully something will come of this and I can eventually talk to them about the Lord.

So. the big update is..... I love my little house and am working to make it farmgirly, sorking on my etsy shops to try to bring in some extra money, and am starting to get caught up on my bills .
When one door closes (or slams shut on my Butt in this case) another does truly open.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  08:05:03 AM  Show Profile
so sorry you are going through this. i bet you will be just fine with your good attitude. it could happen here for us. we scrape by each month. sending hugs to you sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear this, but it sounds like you have found a new purpose already. Prayers sent forth!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:43:54 AM  Show Profile
I feel so sorry for you. I sort of know what it is like to be displaced from a home. With me, the well in the apt. where I was renting got contaminated with propyline glycol (non toxic antifreeze). Because the apt. owners were trying to sell the building anyway, they weren't about to put in a new well. So all of us tenants were evicticed. I was able to move in with my boyfriend (now my hubby), so things did work out. Things will work out for you too. Regarding foreclosure, I quit my job before hubby and I got married and couldn't maintain the car payment with out an income. I also had credit card debt. I filed for bankruptcy 3 days after we were married (no honeymoon for us). I lost my car and got rid of the credit card debt. That was almost 7 years ago. You know what? The world did not come to an end. Yeah I drove beaters for a few years after that and have even had to drive my hubbys full size 1980's model dodge pu back and forth to work at times. Yes, at first, it feels humiliating. I was humiliated for a long time after the bankruptcy. But what I learned was more precious to me than anything that anyone could give me. I learned to watch my pennies. I learned that a credit card, if not used properly, means you're spending your money twice; the credit card on the thing you wanted that you didn't really need and your hard earned pay on the things that do matter. In a nutshell, if I don't have the cash in hand for the splurge, then how will I pay for it in the end? Don't take me wrong. I'm not trying to lecture. I'm just sharing my experience and hope that others can learn from it too. There is alot of truth in the saying, when one door closes, another will open. It takes wisdom and sometimes a look back into the past to see where that open door was. God Bless. Things will work out for you.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lorena,
I am a cash and carry type gal and have been for a while. The whole mess started when my brotther in law managed to cheat me out of about 60% of my income. Long story, not worth dwelling on, and I have learned to live on a LOT less. But, you know, the Lord always provides and every day is a learning experience.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:59:41 PM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear this Michele...It seems to be a sign of the times, but like the girls are saying it really is NOT the end of the world. I have had several people very dear to me that have gone through foreclosure and bankruptcy and when I would ask them about it they seemed to agree that it was a mixed blessing at least the stress of knowing what was about to happen and then have it "finalized" brought a sense of relief that it was finally over with. You are strong and intelligent and have a great sense of humor. We are here for you and we know that you are going to be JUST FINE!

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  1:13:36 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear about this. DH and I have been through it due to nondisclosure of something on a house I had bought. The foundation was damaged so badly it was going to cost me more to fix it than I paid for the house. We finally got enough out of the hole to use my VA to buy another house that we are so in love with. My DD & SIL had to file this past year. They got transferred to Germany and tried to sell their house in a little town called Hope, Kansas. It was 4 bedroom and 3 baths on 2 acres. Hubby and I loved it! They had many offers but nobody would loan because it is a manufactured home. They even called in to their own mortgage company and acted like new buyers and were told "we never loan on those types of homes" which just infuriated them because they only lived there 2 years.

I was upset when we had no choice but I do believe the Lord works in mysterious ways. I just felt badly about breaking a contract but we couldn't even live in the house. The foundation was so badly damaged that the inspector was going to have the house condemned and my lawyer said that was all we could do. Sounds like you are in a good place now and don't have to deal with that bank any more.It does tick me off when they won't work with you, though.

You are in my thoughts my prayers.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  2:29:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear about the foreclosure Michele. There was a story on the news a few months back about a woman living in Bradenton FL, (I think thats right), anyway she has been in foreclosure for 23 years. It seems she always finds an error in the banks filing and gets it postponed or something like that. She still lives at the house and pays no taxes or morage. Makes you wonder.
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1414 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  4:05:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear that Michele. I will keep you in my prayers.
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  4:34:00 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I'm so sorry this happened. If I can do anything for you, you let me know. I'm only an hour away.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  4:57:44 PM  Show Profile
So sorry to hear about your bad luck. Your in my thughts and praers.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  6:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Michele I was encouraged to hear you are offering to teach knitting,sewing etc to the teenage girls. As a 4-H leader I can tell you that is so important. So many want to know just have no one to teach them. Good for you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Foreclosure Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page