traildancer
True Blue Farmgirl

485 Posts

Loyce
Glide OR
USA
485 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  09:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Michelle--I will add my sympathy to what has already been given. I am so glad that you had a place to go in your time of need. As the others have mentioned, God has a plan. He will provide. Sometimes the trusting is almost impossible, but when you look back you will see the provision. Hang in there.

The trail is the thing.... Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  08:38:36 AM  Show Profile
The realtor who has been given my foreclosed home to sell called me today and told me that the bank will offer me a certain amount of money for the keys. I have to go in and clean everything out and not take anythinglike light fixtures, doors, etc. Since I have already taken the light fixtures that I bought and installed and let a friend have a couple of doors, i think I will turn down their "generous" offer nad just leave the mess for them to clean up. aHave several boxes of stuff I was going to drag to Salvation army but now, I just don't know. It would have to be a sizeable amt of money to make me go there and do all that work.
I'm thinking that is is better for my mental health to just close the door on this chapter and be done rather than dragging it on anymore.
Any advice?
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  10:24:52 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Please update us when you have more time.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  05:16:41 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, prayers for you!
Been in similar myself and had to make a move. Left a sunny state for a 4 season and colder one! It's been hard and I still have days of struggle / regret? But all in all there are SO many ways the Lord is blessing me!

So very true also that we can make any space our farmgirl space! I am downsized to apt and a lovely balcony. Love to grow herbs on it each spring!
Enjoy your new home and seek new joys there! May God bless and guide your new beginnings !

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  06:40:24 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I'm sorry, have been down that road myself, we lost our house in 2005 hang in there it gets better
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  8:12:15 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, I'm sorry to hear this. You're right, don't do any more work for something you aren't getting to keep. I watched a show last year that really made me mad. Did you know those banks, etc. carry insurance against your mortgage? Meaning if you get foreclosed on they actually make more money than if you were able to pay the mortgage? They are betting against you. It could be the answer to why they wouldn't work with you. Good luck with the new beginning in your life. Shake off the dust and hold your head high.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:11:26 PM  Show Profile
The foolishness continues....
The realtor who is handling the foreclosure sale called me yesterrday to tell me locks have been changed. I told her that I still have belongings to remove so she met me there this morning to unlock the house. This afer I was told that I had until Feb 25 to remove things.
She unlocked the house and asked me how long I would be there. I told her I was going to work until my ca was ull. She asked if she shouldc wait. I replied "how valuable is your time? You changed the locks before you were suppossed to, so, it's up to you. You can stand around and watch me move stuff or you can trust me to lock up when I leave". She left. Called me later today to tell me that they are going to start throwing out whatever is still here tomorrow.
There was a notice taped to the front door that I am supposed to appear in court on Feb 22, to plea if I don't want to be evicted. However, I have already moved so I explained that this should be relayed to the bank as it is a wast of money and of the court's time when they know I have already moved. Apparently nothing can be done about that and if I don't appear in cout they will evict me. Hello, I'm already gone.

I feel like I;m in a very bad production of "One Few Over the Cuckoo's Nest" or "Catch 22"
Guess there is just no resoning with idiots. Arghhhhh.
If I don't have a nervous breakdown before this is finished, it will only be because all my Farmgirl friends allowed me to vent and offered me their support.
Thanks, Ladies.
Michele

f
c

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.dreamingofspringtime.etsy.com
Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  4:21:55 PM  Show Profile
something similar happened to us, they changed the locks on our house before we could finish moving. The realtor gave me one afternoon to get what I wanted, needless to say I had to leave things behind including my Hammond organ. just a rotten experience all around. maybe one day I can replace the organ
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  9:42:24 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, God will take care of things. I seems like a real contrite saying but it really happens. Two years ago we lost our house and I had been in that house 38 years and I know there was stuff left behind. We moved about 10-15 miles west of where we were and when everything settled down things are much better. We have had the chance to rent a house closer to where we were but we have decided that this house and this timeframe was meant to be, so will be be sticking it out a while longer. The kids are doing better in school, we switched to a closer church and it seems to have been good for us, my daughter switched to the next county's junior college and is almost finished with her degree. Our landlord even told us I can make a garden whatever size I want in the back yard. We had no idea it would work out like this. Keep having hope that this is just a new beginning in a new chapter of your life.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Foreclosure Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page