Lynn B
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Lynn
Derry NH
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile
I love Nigella Lawson (one of my favorite cookbooks is How To Eat) and recently saw on the Food Network that they are going to have a Nigella show! I am so excited!

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  2:10:18 PM  Show Profile
I just checked out How to Eat from the library yesterday. Have heard about NL from rabid bloggers! Her fans are just bonkers about her, so I need to find out what's up. (I don't have cable, so won't see her show, boo hoo.)
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  2:18:55 PM  Show Profile
Ditto on Nigella!! She is so much fun to watch. What I love about her is- a. she loves to cook, b. she loves to eat and c. she loves family. All three of those things combine into a worthy foray into cooking show indulgence!! I'm glad she's back.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

zilzirk
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Liz
Fort Mill South Carolina
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  7:43:31 PM  Show Profile
I love her!
I can't get cable here but I used to watch her show all the time! Fabulous recipies and I just love that she loves food! Go - Nigella for moving to Food Network. I hope she becomes as 'famous' as Rachel Ray!

a city girl with farm roots
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  7:57:31 PM  Show Profile
My daughters name is Nigella Lowman...... isn't that interesting

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  10:58:35 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoy Nigella, I have her cookbook of summertime favorite recipes (I just can't remember what it's called at the moment) I really like that she's not pretentious and show-offy. She just gets in there and cooks and makes messes like the rest of us!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  11:07:35 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you posted this! I used to watch her show all the time and I loved it! She uses real butter and real food! I will have to look for her watch on our cable station.
Go to Top of Page

BStein
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Barbara
Westerville OH
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  4:53:41 PM  Show Profile
I've never seen her in person, but please tell me not another chef with cleavage (I love Giadda too, but could she cover up a little?).
Barbara
Go to Top of Page

KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  06:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
I appreciate the earthy nature of Nigella...I also like to read her cookbooks, but I haven't found a lot of recipes that I want to try. I will give her show a look see, though. My fave cookbook author and Food Network star, Rachael Ray, is coming to regular tv in September! That one I will tape!

Kelly

When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2006 :  10:10:19 AM  Show Profile
The thing I like about Nigella Lawson is that she is sexy AND she loves to eat. I get tired of "sexy" always being about a perfectly toned body and deprivation.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2006 :  6:35:02 PM  Show Profile
I love Nigella too. We have a lot of English shows here and I've seen all her series - that is one of the good things about Australia - we get the best of the American and the English shows on free-to-air TV. I like her for the reasons already mentioned - she makes no bones about food being for enjoyment, and the pleasures of sharing food with family and friends. And that food doesn't have to be 'gourmet' to be delicious -she loves making 'nursery' food. I have Feast - a great book.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic any nigella lawson fans? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page