Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  6:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I took Tala's blankets off today since it was a bit warmer and gave her a really good grooming session. She has gained a little weight since coming home a little over 10 days ago which makes me feel a little better. She still is underweight, but has a bit more flesh over ribs. I would like to see her hips be a little less prominent but I have a feeling that what is missing there is more muscle mass. It looks like she hasn't been moving around much for a while at the old boarding facility (maybe too cold).

It makes me a bit upset because they told me they would keep an eye on her and let me know if she was losing condition with the cold. Oh well. Luckily she is recovering swiftly.

I just thought I would give you an update. :) Maybe the next sunny day I will take some pictures. My phone is on the fritz right now though.

BTW- a damp microfiber cloth is AMAZING at pulling dirt out of a winter coat on a horse without getting them chilled. I think in a week or two her coat should be almost as clean as if I had given her a real bath!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  6:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Alee, thanks for the update on Tala. I was a bit concerned because you had not posted any new news. Yes, I'd love to see an updated picture of Tala.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  8:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sorry to keep you in suspense, Marly! Things have been so crazy I feel like I have been juggling a LOT lately! It was good to see Tala without all her blankets and get a good assessment in the sunshine.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  07:42:03 AM  Show Profile
So glad she is doing better Alee. It is amazing how quickly good groceries will help a horse!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  07:57:36 AM  Show Profile
good morning alee, i know the feeling of getting them home. then when you see them picking up condition what a relief. waiting for a pic too. i hope you get to have some happy days riding soon. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  10:39:20 AM  Show Profile
Alee: No worries here. I was just wondering if Tala was at the new house/barnyard and if she was doing okay. Can't wait to see the picture of her.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  10:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! :) If Sunday is sunny again I will take her blankets off an snap a quick pic. :) She cleaned up her hay pretty good last night and I have her a good chunk for today. I wish I could stay home!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  1:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that you got to spend some time grooming Tala and that she looks like she is bulking up now that she is "home" with you!
Would love to see a picture of her!
Hope that the weather stays warm, and that you can enjoy more quality time with her.
Thanks for sharing the good news!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Tala doing better- Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page