wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  12:14:45 PM  Show Profile
Hopefully you'll accept a just out of the city limits girl:) I think my lack of farm/country knowledge is made up for in my frequent idealic dreams of yearning to live the simple life whether in the city or country! We do live in 'farm country' with a view of endless acres of potato fields right out our dining room window! One of my favorite parts of living here will happen again in a couple of weeks when I watch the yellow school bus hug our hillside while picking up the children along the country roads that meander our valley down below. Eventually dropping them off at our little K-8 country shcool where our 2 sons were fortunate to attend. Life has changed some in our valley due to progress:/...Microsoft money has moved in and changed 'the air' around us but peacefulness and tranquility is still here and living quite well amongst the newcomers!

I'm excited to spend time here getting to know my way around and hopefully glean more about the simple life I equate with country living!

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Glad to invite you to the group I hope you will sit a spell and enjoy the group of people here they are real nice.
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  12:39:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Dona! You are going to love it here!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  2:19:32 PM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Dona!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  2:20:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Dona! Where in the PNW are you? I'm in Spokane and have been at The Farm since about June this year. Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  2:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dona,
I wonder if you are "up Sound" from us, we are on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington. It will be wonderful to hear about your neck of the woods!
Welcome!

Pennie

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page

BettyWeeks
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Betty
Cincinnati Ohio
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  3:15:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Donna:

A big welcome. Your signature line says it all for the country. Beauty and peace are truly there for me.

Betty

True Happiness: Something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  3:17:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Dona! I am glad you found us. Sounds like such a pretty place you live...and you have a way with words for sure!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  3:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Welcome Donna!
So glad you found us! This is such a great place for all you mentioned plus support, friendship, and fun! So pull up a chair, log on, and enjoy!! I look forward to getting to know you better as I see you around!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

wovenheart
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Dona
Washington State
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2006 :  8:30:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome! We live in Skagit County, half way between Seattle & Vancouver,BC! Our area is known for all the beautiful tulip fields and also for the millions of gawkers that come to a complete stop in the middle of our narrow little farm roads because they spotted a field of blooms...April is not my favorite month...Anyway, looking forward to getting to know all of you:)

"It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder...It's the stillness that fill me with peace."
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Dona.
Glad you found MaryJane's and as others have mentioned you will love it here!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  3:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
hi dona,
glad you found this site, it is a great group of farmgirls. glad your joining us.
love,
fran
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  4:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dona! Welcome! I'm in SW WA near Vancouver.

Handmade purses, home decor, and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nouveau_farmchick
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Paris
Sequim Wa
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2006 :  5:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi Dona,
I thought that was where you were! We stayed at a lovely Bed and Breakfast (Benson's Farm) not to far from La Conner. We come your way when we need to see a bit more farm land, since ours is vanishing so fast!

take care,
Pennie Sequim Washinton

God bless Farmers
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Greetings From The PNW! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page