BloominGA
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Sherri
Warner Robins Georgia
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  06:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi there! I grew up in rural Southwestern Virginia and got transplanted to the Middle Georgia Macon area. Although it was a big adjustment at first and has taken almost 15 years, I am finding my connecxtions that make me feel at home! We just moved to house with a huge wooded lot complete with foxes and a basement(a rarity around here), and I found a natural food co-op!! Right now I am visiting back home in Virginia and found Mary Jane's magazine at a local Walmart! I love it and can hardly wait to order the Budget mix! Must close for now...more later!

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  06:41:41 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, fellow Georgia farmgirl!! You're just south of me here in the Peach State. You are going to love this forum. There are some wonderful women here. Come back and visit often -

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  06:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hello Sherri and Welcome! I am not yet on the farm of my dreams but am learning towards it. Sounds like you have a wonderful place and I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have!
See you 'round...

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  08:43:57 AM  Show Profile
WElcome to the group Sherri!!
Your new place sounds great!! I bet you will love it HERE..everyone is really friendly..just jump right into the conversations. I look forward to getting to know you!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  10:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group Sherri.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  11:54:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri! Welcome to the group.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  1:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri,

Nice to meet you. You'll enjoy it here - so many great people to meet.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Bundaflicka
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Maggie
Brookfield New York
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  11:49:06 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I guess this is the introduction place. I am the same age as MaryJane Butters and can relate to some of her life experiences. I have been flirting with full scale farming for six years, and am just about to move to my very own real farm, purchased last year, in Brookfield, New York. It is a very large leap of faith for us, and I am lucky to have a carpenter husband to take it with me. We are moving our flock of about 150 sheep and angora goats to live happily ever after in Brookfield, New York - I bought a huge old dairy barn and 25 acres, leased 25 more next to it, and have to build a house. In the meantime we will build a little apt. in the barn with the critters.

Wish me luck, I will need it. We don't even have the outhouse built yet, and we will be there in 3 weeks!

The farm is the heart of the earth.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2006 :  4:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Maggie...I hope you don't get missed in here. Welcome!!! So glad to have you here and so neat that your farm dreams are comming true!!! I am guessing Brookfield is upstate? I love upstate New York! I lived in the suburbs of NYC for 5 years and have visited all my life because of family there. So I have been upstate many times! What kind of sheep do you have? and do you spin or just sell the angora? Good luck with the transition and so gald you found us! I look forward to seeing you 'round!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2006 :  08:04:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello
Welcome! Good luck with your move! If you have found somewhere to buy your food, and you have somewhere to sleep, and now a great mag to read, hey you're all set!
I am looking forward to getting to know you.
Love
Kate
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2006 :  6:26:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri,

Welcome to Ga. I moved here from OH almost 20 yrs ago. I love it. You are about 2-3 hr from me. I'm In west GA.

I wish our Wal mart would get Maryjane's mag. I keep looking.
Welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy the girls here.

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Vanessa
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Vanessa
Central GA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  05:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Small world! I live in the same area. I sent you an email regarding your natural food co-op. I'd love info if you don't mind sharing. :)
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  07:29:22 AM  Show Profile
Welcome!! You will love it here! A wonderful group of wimmin here! Merry Meet!

"I would not interfere with any creed of yours or want to appear that I have all the cures. There is so much to know...so many things are true. The way my feet must go may not be best for you. And so I give this spark of what is light to me, to guide you through the dark, but not tell you
what you must see."
-Author Unknown

"Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth."
— Blaise Pascal

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

lovejanet
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Janet
La Canada California
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2006 :  5:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri,
Sorry, I am welcoming you so late.
Congrats on finding this fun forum.
Talk to you soon.
janet

love, janet
http://www.lovejanet.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

SpinninJenny
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Jennifer
Mansfield GA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  04:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sherri,
I'm also from GA and new to the forum. I live 45 miles east of Atlanta. I found my MJF magazine at Ingles grocery stores! I've bought 7 magazines and have started making aprons to give with the magazine for birthday gifts for my 3 sisters, daughter, grandaughter and my folks! My Mom borrowed my magazine and called me a couple of days later and said I'd need to find myself another because she and Daddy were planning to keep it!! I laughed so hard, and then told her I had "several" more on hand! I knew I had found a great magazine if even my Dad wanted to read it!!

I love the pictures of the aprons and crochet edgings on the towels and potholders! I have a great collection of aprons, including ones that belonged to my Mom, grandmother, and ones I've found at yard sales and antiques shops. My other grandmother gave me a little half apron, when I was about 8, in a chartruce green that was my very first apron! I was so impressed because she didn't use a pattern and just cut the fabric out and stitched it up!!

Jennifer in GA

The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful. --
Mark Twain.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  05:24:14 AM  Show Profile
Hello neighbor Georgians! I live in Florida, about 20 minutes from the Georgia line. I often travel up into Thomasville and the Macon area, too. It is so pretty and rural and I love the pecan groves. Welcome and it is neat to see how many galllls "nearby" are discovering MaryJane. I was lucky enough to find MJF two or more years ago and even have the first issue of the magazine!

Welcome, again, Georgia Peaches!

Peace
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2006 :  05:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi to both Sherri and Maggie - This is a welcoming place -- be sure to chime in on the various topics -- share your interests & knowledge -- it's great you found us and we found you!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Georgia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page