Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ****Vintage Dressed Paper Doll****Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Vintage Dressed Paper Doll****Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 5

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  3:44:24 PM  Show Profile
More Photos girls...people are lurking...to see if they might want to join in...in the
future.

Connie...both you and Tammy C are Santa Clauses. I love swapping with you two and Beth,
Emily, Jill Skane...in any Swap at any time. I know it is always going to be over the
top and so very much FUN!!!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
I feel the same way peggy!! and I love the pics!!!
I keep checking back on all the forums, even ones i didi't sign up for, to enjoy the pics!!

Imagine....#3392!
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  6:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Is this swap still open? Because I'd love to join! If not, could I join the next one? It sounds so fun and I love paper dolls :-)
Farmgirl hugs!

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  7:21:03 PM  Show Profile
Okay farmgirls are you ready for the fabulousness I received from Connie!

This is my beautiful doll with her two gorgeous outfits. She is wearing her farmgirl outfit today. Her party dress is beautiful with the green hankie skirt...that color green is my favorite color in the world. Her face is so pretty and she has beautiful yarn hair with a jeweled hair decoration. Her nails are even painted red and she has a little bracelet on...can you believe it? I will treasure her!

Then I was even more spoiled by this fabulous collection of '40's Valentines. Oh my gosh...Connie knows how much I love these and this collection is so wonderful. I want it to be Valentines Day all year. Everything came in this darling box which will be put to good use in my craft room! And the wonderful pink tulip doilies...perfect for my Easter crafting :)

And finally, some gorgeous scented candles. I have put one on my vintage rusty old car jack stand that I use as a candlestand. If you look closely you will see the charming little metal plaque given to me by darling farmgirl Debbie which I have wired onto the holder. Now I can enjoy eye candy from two wonderful girls at the same time.

Thank you again Connie for everything xoxoxoxo
And thank you Beth for being such a wonderful hostess and Maddie for believing that I could spread my creative wings this far!!!

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Edited by - tammyc on Mar 16 2012 07:16:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  7:41:12 PM  Show Profile
OH my goodness Tammy the Paper Doll is so sweet and her change of clothes are awesome, wow Connie, you too are one talented farmgirl. I love the paper dolls, and what a special bonus of the Vintage Valentines, Farmgirls are Wonderful!
Thanks so much for sharing.
Nice Candle Holder Tammy what a neat idea, would not have known that was an old car jack if you had not told me, so neat.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  7:57:30 PM  Show Profile
OK Connie and Tammy...I decided you guys are too good at this paper doll thing. I think I
better just keep lurking and enjoying your wonderful talents and the pictures.

You guys blow me away with your huge giving hearts.

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  8:15:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy you just keep lurking....I am glad you are enjoying the pictures! Farmgirls are the best aren't they!

Take care sweet friend and watch for farmgirl mail :)

Hugs, Tammy

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  04:16:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi Connie & Tammy :) Well, Connie I have to say WOW! Your dolls are just wonderful too :) Like Debbie said in her post TALENTED !!! I love all the pictures, keep them coming ;) I also have to say, I am only Beth's cheering squad, she is OUR hostess for this swap, she came up with the brilliant idea :) She is visiting her grand babies at the moment. So when she returns earlier in the week, give her a Hostess hug :) Peggy,this is for you :) Tammy thought she would not be able to make her doll & just look at the out come. If a paper doll swap comes around again, you must take a leap of Faith & try your talented hand & join in :) FARMGIRLS ROCK !

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  05:13:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy and Connie...you guys are just too much fun and I just feel so blessed to know you.
Tammy I will be watching my mailbox...I love a surprise...hate the bills. LOL

Madeline...Yeah, I guess if I can make Dotee Dolls...I could probably try my hand at paper
dolls. I loved paper dolls as a kid, spent hours playing with them. So, I will see
if this goes into another round I might give it a try. Thanks for the encouragement!

The Lurky Lady,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  07:15:41 AM  Show Profile
I guess I am losing what little marbles I have left! That's what I get for doing too many swaps!
Beth was our wonderful hostess (I really did know that) and Maddie is the wonderful Easter Bonnet ATC hostess (another one in which she encouraged me)!

So THANK YOU BETH for being such a great swap hostess and thanks to Maddie for all her encouragement!

P.S. The Lurky Lady...I love that Peggy!

Hugs,

Tammy

Edited by - tammyc on Mar 16 2012 07:17:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  07:25:51 AM  Show Profile
I will enjoy and watch from afar this swap as I can not make these I know that for a fact and I will not even try. If I can't knit, crochet it or embroidery it then it can't be done by me anyway. Problem is I have no imagination or a creative bone in my body"-) Seriously!
Heck I have trouble with my mail art, but I still try every month and enjoy doing it.
So, keep posting girls I love them all.
Peggy you are so funny, I keep praying that one day we will be partnered for a swap together, so for now I will lurk with you and enjoy it all.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

Go to Top of Page

CindyLous
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Cindy
Keizer OR
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:07:50 AM  Show Profile
I have emailed my swap partner and have not had a response, how do I find her address? Do I just forget about it for now? I have not been contacted for my address either.
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  10:23:56 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, could you email me: tammyecummings58@yahoo.com with your email address. Your email address is not on the member info.

Tammy :)

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:19:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow!I cam home from work, with a sinus infection, and came here to see pics and I feel better already! Farm Girls are the best!!I sent Tammy along some of her favorite decade, (1940's) of Valentines cause I felt like my Paper doll was not up to par. I can sew a little, but not draw, like so many of you, but under those dresses,THE GIRL HAS NO LEGS LOL!! She is just a form! Peggy, I know you can do this!! Maddie, thanks for all the Cheering us on! Cause it really made me try harder!!and Tammy,well, what can we say about her, but that she is the BOMB! as the kids say! hers was awesome! That girl is always losing her marbles, well she lost them when she said her Papper doll could not be Photographed!! Can you beleive that! Debbie come on ,jump in feet first, and worry later, like me! and again, Tammy you a great farm Sister to all of us! In this last year that I joined Mary Jane's farm , I have met so many amazing women, who make my life brighter! There is nothing like Farm Girl Mail! Hugs to all!
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  6:31:38 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I am so sorry you have a sinus infection...yuck! I am on antibiotics right now for some creeping crud I caught...but I am getting better. We are having stormy, rainy weather to boot! It's even supposed to snow down to 2000'. We live at the base of Mt. Diablo State Park and Mt. Diablo is 3900'so we should see some snow from our backyard view!

Well, I can't sew or draw! Your paper doll is fabulous and you can see that everyone thinks so!
She is awesome, legs or not! Remember you almost just got a torso....LOL. You know we are always our own worst critics! You all have been so wonderful and encouraging...and Connie you know that YOU are the bomb! I cannot even express the joy you farmgirls have brought to my life! Farmgirls rock!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  02:38:55 AM  Show Profile
Sending Connie Get Well Wishes :) Sinus infections are the worst. The minute I feel all stuffed in my head, I take my mucus med & get all that out. The DR. said there is no way to stop infection from invading the brain, so Connie get you some Mucinex & tissues ;) Now, Gals I am here to say & CHEER :) Yay ! for you for spreading your wings & trying. You two did GREAT ! I always get my encouragement from Beth. She has done so, so many times for me. Tammy, I know how you feel, I go around my house saying all your names & my husband looks at me like who are you talking about LOL He says you are like my imaginary playmates. I just smile & say No they are my Blessings, each & everyone :) I have friends but they do not craft, except for my one friend. We are headed to Hobby Lobby some 20 miles away on Tuesday. We have never been in one. My DH took me to the same one & let me in there for just a few minutes & then said,time to go. I was in shock ! So, I told her & we planned this outing. I have a feeling, we may need a search party to rescue us LOL. The place is huge, from what I could tell. Well, gals all I can say is I am so Blessed to get to know you all. Thank You :)

KEEP A SMILE IN YOUR HEART...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  07:42:40 AM  Show Profile
Madeline...Your DH sounds like mine. When we first moved to the Portland/Vancouver area he took me to
Powells Books Store in Portland (because I am an avid reader) and Powell Books takes-up one entire
City Block. I walked in and was in instant Book Heaven...and my hubby says, enjoy yourself...we can
stay for about 15 minutes. Men! I don't take him into Craft Stores with me at all because I am not
doing his "You got 10 or 15 minutes...enjoy routine". That day at Powells I think I made it through
one section of books. That's why we need girlfriends to go shopping with because men are clueless and
because they really can shop in 10 or 15 minutes, because they run in grab what they want and leave.
Their eyes never seem to wander beyond the shelf holding the item they want. lol

Hugs and Sunshine,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 17 2012 07:44:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  6:09:22 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MADDIE, YOU HAVE GOT TO COME BACK HERE, AND TELL US ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURE TO HOBBY LOBBY! We have one 10 miles away and I never let anyone go with me!! I have to take several bathrooms breaks cause I'm in there so long! and I go with my list and Coupon!I cannot imagine life without it! One of the greatest inventions of the 20th century! LOl! Hugs, Connie

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile
This is the funniest post....first of all my hubby does the same thing. He'll ask who are you writing to...who's that package for or from....and when I tell him FARMGIRL FRIENDS he shakes his head and calls me a dork (but lovingly of course)! Now we all know how much we hate shopping with our hubbys. Mine is not too bad when I'm clothes shopping, but try to take him in an antique store or god forbid a scrapook store...I will turn around to show him something and find him outside pacing around the sidewalk. Takes all the fun out of it!! Grocery shopping is the worst....I NEVER take him with me....it's like he forgets it is 2012..."WHAT....Butter is 4.00" and on and on. Then every item..."don't we have that at home?" Then he always gets sticker shock at checkout, and I have to remind him that we live in California in 2012 :)

Not to make anyone jealous or anything :) but yesterday I went (alone I might add) to the annual Scrapbook Expo. It is about 20 minutes from my house. Oh my goodness...I don't even know where to start. One of my favorite scrapbook/crafting companies is Melissa Frances ...just vintage beauty galore. Well she was there herself with her beautiful booth and I went NUTS. We will not speak of how much money I spent...LOL. This show is fabulous....I found so much unbelievably cool stuff...I, like Maddie, only have one friend who is a crafter (really more of an artist). Funny thing is I didn't think she would enjoy it, but she called me just as I was leaving the show and I told her about it....she went down later yesterday and bought even more than I did...LOL. There was not only paper, but beautiful flowers, ribbon, trim, glitter, etc. I have never heard of Hobby Lobby, but it sounds like my kind of place. Can't wait to hear all about your adventures and the treasures you came home with Maddie.

Hugs to all,

Tammy

To Peggy: Powell's Bookstore is my DREAM destination! This summer I will be visiting it in Portland, and I will probably stay for hours....15 minutes...hahahaha. It would take me longer to look at the magazines alone! My hubby is pretty good at bookstores, but he won't be able to stay as long as I want to!

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  09:02:48 AM  Show Profile
Tammy when you come to visit me we will add Hobby Lobby to our lists of places to go, as ours is only 45 minutes away. Now you realize we will need more than 1 day right?
Connie I am like you I can spend all day in Hobby Lobby, that is all we have and thank goodness it is a good one. I usually take a friend as hubby is bored by it. Last month FarmSister Marilyn (MountainMamma) went with me, we had so much fun, and got most everything we wanted.
Tammy I will bet your Scrap Book Expo was fun, wish I could have been there to so with you. I am trying so hard to gather a "Stash" like you for my Mail ARt, Cards etc. but I can see it will take years as I do not have much now. I seem to shop for individual holidays or months, but with you cheering me on I will have a "Strash" one day too.
I do not mind buying some things on line but it sure is so much more fun going shopping for it, touching, feeling, you can not do that online.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  09:31:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes Debbie, we will need much more than one day :) I would love to go to Hobby Lobby...now you all have gotten me so curious! I am going to try to add to your stash....you just gave me a great idea for some future farmgirl mail my friend !!! mwahhahahahah!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  6:16:40 PM  Show Profile
Tammy some stuff from Hobby Lobby is available on line, at Hobbylobby.com. Tammy. if your a dork, I am too! but your the cutest Dork I have ever seen!!
Memphis, also has Michaels', they carry Martha Stewarts scrapbooking line. They are just like Hobby Lobby, but Hobby Lobby is Bigger! Tammy, your Hubby sounds like Mine at the grocery store, I finally got him to stop complaining and remind him we do not live in California, where everything is higher! My daugter lived there fro 2 years and she would tell him how expensive everything was! It made him appreciate the prices here! well, for a while anyway! LOL!
Imagine ... #3392
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6649 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6649 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  6:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, your the Greatest!
Farmgirl Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  6:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Connie and Debbie....I just love you guys to pieces...you are so sweet! Connie, we have Michaels here too, but their scrapbooking section is not too great in our Michaels. We have a smaller craft store about 5 or 10 minutes from me called Richards...it is a little better than Michaels, but it never has what I want, which would be the complete line of something I like. It's handy for tape runners, ink, etc. Thank goodness I am fortunate to have Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley, about 1/2 an hour from me. It is the best store EVER! Although, I would like to visit Archivers...has anyone been there? I will check out Hobby Lobby online!

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  9:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh you girls are so cute!! My DH just looks at me and shakes his head. He tells our friends that I use the glue gun more than my oven..Wouldnt it be nice if we could whip up dinner with a glue gun...
Tammy, sounds like you went to a wonderful place....I hope when the Lord calls me home, He puts me in the craft area and the Christmas decorating area...
Ya'll have a lovely night and the sweetest of dreams!! Smiles, Beth

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Vintage Dressed Paper Doll****Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page