Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 ****Vintage Dressed Paper Doll****Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Vintage Dressed Paper Doll****Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 5

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  4:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Maddie: Yes some of the paper doll books are from Dover Publishing (love them): The Antique Fashion Dolls of the 1890s, the Old Fashioned Children and the Victorian Mice. The ladies are about 7-1/2 inches long, printed on heavy cardstock. There must be some way to use these!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  02:26:11 AM  Show Profile
Tammy :) Why don't you trace the outline of the doll & clothes like Connie mentioned ? Then just draw or paste a face on her & decorate the clothes using your stash of baubles ;)I think that is the fun of it. There is NO right or wrong way. No limitations, just your imagination. Do like I did, pretend you are a little girl again LOL

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  06:49:11 AM  Show Profile
All of the above sounds great to me...I love the Dover publishing books....Haven't looked on there in a while...Oh my, might just have to now!!! Smiles

You can never be to kind!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  6:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, love the Paper Dolls, you can send them all to me! Ha! Maddie, the Sears Catalog is from 1965. I have a 1966, 1967, 1977 and the one my daughter loves 1983. She remembers looking thru it too, just like me!!! Beth, your so right, So pleasant to Remember days gone by, in this busy, Somedays, Dreary World! Like Summer Shade Trees and Homemade Lemonade and Snow Cream in the rare Winter Snows of my Childhood in Tennessee, and most of all My Granny,Rocking me in the Rocking chair, singing, "Mama's Little baby loves Shortening Bread."

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  02:50:22 AM  Show Profile
OK Connie :) Now I know who has out bid me on Sears catalogs on eBay LOL Those are great. I still would like one from 1970,71 or even 1972 (Christmas). My most favorite doll, Dawn would be in there ;) Still looking ;)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  5:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Maddie, I will keep an eye out for you. I wrote the years down! I got them all from ebay except one, from a Junk store! I rememebr Dawn, she was cute!! I love Dolls! I have some of my Barbies from the 1960's and some of my daughter's who is 37, we have some of her Barbies and her Baby Dolls

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  6:15:07 PM  Show Profile
Connie, you are so lucky to have those old Sears Catalogs. I have alot of old magazines and I just love the ads especially. I only have a reproduction Sears Catalog :( Now I know you like the paper dolls...you know how I love to send Farmgirl mail! And Maddie, thanks for your offers and suggestions too! I know I will be asking for help along the way! And Beth, thanks for being such a great hostess!

Hugs to all!

"Be who you are and say what you like because the people who mind don't matter and the people who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  3:32:35 PM  Show Profile
I know, Tammy, isn't that the greatest!! It would be fun to see what was in vogue back then!!! Smiles

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  03:58:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Connie :) Thank You for keeping an eye out for me, for the catalog. I played with Barbie, but when Dawn came along well, it was love at first site LOL. She was small & had such beautiful clothes & groovy friends. Who could resist that Peter Max doll case ? There are so many variations of their faces, they were all hand painted & really pretty :) I still love her today. My favorite Barbie was Malibu PJ LOL. Well, on to catalogs. The oldest one I own is from 1913 & it is a magazine/catalog. I just sit for hours pouring through my catalogs, it seems I find new things, everytime I look. I have something I need to find, it is still packed away but I will find it & post a picture for you gals to see, it pertains to this swap ;)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  05:42:45 AM  Show Profile
OK :) I was not happy until I found her. She is a 3D paper doll. She looks old but I date her to be from the 60's, even the 70's, judging by the lady on the cereal box used. Someone cut out a vintage post card for her torso & the embellishments on the dress, then they pasted it (torso) to cardboard. They made the body (dress) using a cereal box, it curves, so she may stand upright ;) & then used material, ribbon & lace to decorate it. She sat in the antique shop around the corner from me, for such along time, the owner told me & then I spied her :) I think I paid a dollar or two :) I have never seen another like her, but I think it can give some help with the how to's, if anyone is stumped on how to make up a doll.

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  06:31:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh Madaline, What a precious treasure!!! That is so wonderful and unique....We'll have something like that before too long!!! Thank you for sharing your beauties...My son and family came this weekend and he is getting me set up so I can have a lot faster internet service and I will be able to post some photos also!! I am excited....That doll is wonderful..I have something I want to share that I bought at an estate sale several years ago...Do ya;ll remember those beautifully dressed ladies that were in photos wearing lovely long antebellum dresses. I have one done in some sort of stand up frame and the women have been cut out and placed inside the shadow bow like a diorama. There are cut out trees in the background all done in muted colors...I have never seen another one of these and it is beautiful to me..Hope to share with ya'll soon,,,Smiles, Beth

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh! Beth :) I can't wait to see it, sounds GREAT ! I just love stuff like that. Do you display it ? I need to find a bell jar for mine. I have tried those plastic collectible containers but they just do not look or work well :( Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  07:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Maddie....I know where to get glass bell jars...what size do you need for your beautiful doll? By the way,you can just send that doll to me for the swap....LOL!!! She is fabulous! What a treasure! Beth, I can't wait to see your photo as well..it sounds wonderful.

Hugs, Tammy

Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
Oh Beth, I love this idea. I also want to play! Thank you so very much for organizing this.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  11:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Paddy Cake :) Pam has come to play dolls with us ;) Yipee !

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  03:34:21 AM  Show Profile
PADDY CAKE ;)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  06:11:14 AM  Show Profile
Welcome on in Pam, We're just a bunch of grown up little girls...What a wonderful thing to be!!!!! I don't ever want to grow up....When you grow up you get all gloomy and sad sack for no reason...sort of like my dear MIL...Oh no, I didn't just say that, did I? Love her so, but she is in great shape and just doesn't realize it!!

Go to Top of Page

tammyc
True Blue Farmgirl

698 Posts

Tammy
Danville California
USA
698 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  07:01:52 AM  Show Profile
Beth....hahahahaha....too funny!

Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  10:05:41 PM  Show Profile
hop, hop, hop

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2012 :  02:57:35 AM  Show Profile
Paddy Cake :)

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5190 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5190 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  4:20:58 PM  Show Profile
Maddie, She is Beautiful!!!Thansk for sharing!!

Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2012 :  6:30:01 PM  Show Profile
Madeline...I love your beautiful Paper Doll...when I saw this Swap...I thought, man...I wouldn't even know
where to begin to make my own Paper Doll (I am crafty but not artistic)...this has given me an entire new
perspective on making Vintage Paper Dolls. I love, love, love it.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  11:56:02 AM  Show Profile
I'm in. Love paper dolls.

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beth Jones
True Blue Farmgirl

3196 Posts

beth
tallassee alabama
3196 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  1:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome in Ruthie....We'll have fun!!

Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2012 :  3:04:26 PM  Show Profile
OoooH ! PADDY CAKE Ruth Ann

Blessings
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic ****Vintage Dressed Paper Doll****Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page