Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  1:24:49 PM  Show Profile
My faithful, canine companions - Hector & Maggie - and I decided to head over to the prairie today for a short walk. We got ~ 6 inches of snow yesterday and its in the mid 20s today, so I knew it would be nice.

We were the first ones on this trail.

We decided to take the shorter Log Cabin Loop - since the snow was kind of deep in places.

We made it - well, halfway - now back to the car

But before we head back, I love this view of the pond in front of the log cabin. Can't you just imagine having a skating party here???

My co-pilot, Hector, is tired after his walk.

Now its time for a cup of tea and a couple cookies. Did anyone else get out to play in the snow today?

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  2:03:20 PM  Show Profile
Hector and Maggie look like very good companions to have and what a beautiful place to take a walk! Glad you enjoyed the snow!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  2:52:10 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful pics..and I bet it was an even more beautiful walk...with such sweet dogs. There is a charm to the prairie that I miss...a freedom of wide open spaces. I lived in ND for 3 years...was a beautiful place to live. Thanks for sharing your beauty:) Erica
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  3:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I love to walk in the snow but NOT when the wind is blowing so that all it does is pelt you and that's what it has done here today. It is cold, wet and windy . . . and I'm just not in the mood for it. :(
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  3:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Yes - Hector and Maggie are always ready and willing to go for a walk - especially at the prairie. I am so glad its so close - across the road.

Erica - I know what you mean about the wide open spaces. Its something special, for sure.

CJ - I avoid those windy, raw days - no fun. But today was perfect and calm - you have to take advantage of weather like this in January.

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  4:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures Lorraine, thank you for sharing them. We got about 3 1/2 inches of snow here today on Long Island. Believe it or not its the first snow we have had this winter- its been exceptionally warm here (like so many other places in the country this year)>
Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 40's and into the 50's on Monday. Crazy weather!
That Cabin is to die for! That view- oh I could easily hole up in there all winter long as long as I had a nice wood stove to keep me toasty and cozy!
Hope you got to go home and enjoy that cup of tea!
Smiles,

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6671 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6671 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  4:46:02 PM  Show Profile
Hector and Maggie are so cute and rest Hector looks wore out. The pictures are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing.
Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  4:54:24 PM  Show Profile
Wonderful pictures! We don't get much snow here. In fact, some years, we don't get any and if it does snow, it generally melts in a few hours. I live vicariously through everyone else because I miss winter! Thanks for taking me on the walk with you.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  5:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Nice walk, and I love that cabin! Looks like a great place to spend a morning walk. We haven't had hardly any snow here in central MN...I'm afraid of what Feb and March will hold!! Cute puppies you have. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com

www.thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  5:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Lorraine: Such beautiful pictures. And Hector and Maggie just stole my heart. What cuties!! I'd love to be able to play in the snow. Not down here in SW Louisiana. I wish.
Enjoy your walks and the snow. Stay warm.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  6:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Lorraine,
Here in Lowell,In. we also got 6 inches of snow and in the 20's. Love to go out for a nice walk in the snow. Just love the wonderful pictures and a great day to take Maggie and Hector for a walk.
Enjoy yhe snow !!!!
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tea Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

645 Posts

Lorraine
Morris IL
USA
645 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  06:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone - my pups have stolen my heart too. They are both rescues - we've had them ~ 5 years. Maggie was just a puppy. Hector was almost 3. He is deaf and the former owners kept him in a cage a lot. Its a sad story, but he's got a good life now - he still has some quirks though. We love them both dearly.

We have also had strange, snowless, warmer weather this year. This was only our second measureable snow so far. Lots of very warm weather - much like you're having Laurie. Today its suppose to get into the 40s and maybe thunderstorms tomorrow. I thought about going again this morning, but its pretty windy - so I'll wait to see what its like tomorrow.

Ruthie - sounds like we have the same weather and were in the same snow storm. I'm not sure where Lowell, IN is - I drive through IN several times a year to visit my daughter near Cincinnati. I cut over on the back roads and take 65 south to 465 east. Are you near 65? Its always nice to know where farmgirls are located. :o)

Thanks everyone for you nice words - its always fun sharing with farmgirls. Here's one last picture of Maggie last night - I think she was tired after her busy day. This chair is in my office - its an old chair that I had slip-covered. My friend who made the slipcover made a pillow from the scrap material and appliqued "Maggie" on it. Maggie sleeps in this chair all the time and it sure looks like she's hugging her pillow. Hector naps on the small loveseat, also in my office. Its a rough life...

Lorraine
(aka Tea Lady)
Farmgirl #1819
www.birdsandteas.com

Edited by - Tea Lady on Jan 22 2012 06:39:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Snowy Walk in the Prairie Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page