359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  05:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Knowing Gods Will:

Topic 3 - How should we respond to him?

1. Verse: Num. 9:18 (With sensitivity and quick obedience)

Orders from the top
In leading his people, God kept the Israelites on permanent standby, much like a general would in directing a great army. Whether they had encamped for a long or short period, he expected them to respond to his directive promptly. He communicated clearly, using the cloud’s movement to determine both the direction and timing for change (See Numbers 9:17).
The Gospels present the Lord Jesus’ model of being continually fine-tuned to the Father’s will. He always responded with prompt and complete obedience. As his followers, we must mature towards a similar sensitivity to God’s voice. When he gives us marching orders, we need to be ready to act immediately in joyful total obedience.

Question: Where does God have you right now? Has he called you to move out toward a goal, or are encamped, awaiting his marching orders?

More Insights: Exodus 14:19-20; 40:36-38; John 8:28-30

2. Verse: Deut. 30:19-20 (With trust and patience)

Trusting God
Unlike the gods of mythology, The God of Israel had not given his people riddles to solve or quests to fulfill in order to live happily. His commands were clear, simple, and accessible. The people had known God’s commands since they were children, so they could easily obey.
Through Moses, God presented the nation of Israel with simple options-life or death, blessings ot curses. Obedience would bring longevity, prosperity and the opportunity to love and be loved by their creator. Disobedience would bring sorrow and calamity,
God’s truths are the same for us. Though Christians today lack a spokesperson such as Moses, the Hold spirit resides in our hearts to guide us. That’s critical because many of us lack a heritage of belief like the Israelites had. Modern society clouds or disregards God’s guidelines, while friends or family often revile our beliefs as “old fashioned” or “conservative”. But many faithful church leaders and other believes can encourage us along the way.

Question. God always blesses obedience to him. How has he blessed you? Ask him for his help to make obedient choices today.

More Insights: Genesis 17:15-21; Daniel 9-10; Peter 3:8-9

3. Verse: Gen. 24:12-14 (With expectant faith)

A lesson in guidance
When we face a decision that requires God’s clear guidance, the way to begin is faith and prayer. Faith energizes our prayers, and prayer communicates our concerns and requests to God.
The story recorded here in Genesis 24 illustrates how the two work together, Eliezer (Abraham’s chief servant, see Genesis 15:2) was on a special mission given to him by his master. His goal was to find a wife for Isaac from among Abraham's clan. Not trusting in his own wisdom, Eliezer looked to God for direction, trusting him to give the needed guidance. Eliezer’s specific prayer of faith opened the door for God to speak to him in an astounding manner that left no that it was God who was directing him.

Question: Are you looking for direction? Keep in mind who God is. Declare your confidence in him and trust him to guide you.

More Insights: Matthew 21:21-22; John 14:12-13; Hebrew 11:1-19

4. Verse: Isaiah 48:17 (With a Spirit-led lifestyle)

The Spirit who guided Jesus
The striking feature of the Lord Jesus’ character was his responsiveness to the divine direction in the everyday details of his life and ministry. To be continually led by the Holy Spirit required great sensitivity to the Spirits voice. Jesus developed and sustained this sensitivity with prayerful communication with God. Luke 5:15-16 indicates that -even amidst a busy schedule- it was the Lord’s habit to withdrawal often to pray.
His example challenges us to accept and absorb the basic principle that talking with God about others comes before talking to others about God.

Question: How is the Holy Spirit guiding your everyday life? Are you seeking his guidance?

More Insights: Matthew 26:17-19; Luke 5:15-16

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  10:45:27 AM  Show Profile
Ashley I really got into the last study. Opened my heart and eyes. So looking forward to this weeks. Bless you, that the Lord led you to start this study for all of us to share. And thank you so much for bringing the lessons to us.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  7:34:23 PM  Show Profile
this weeks lesson was a great one for me... i am such a literal person i think to hear God speak to me should be some major thing.. as i continue my walk im learning that He comes to me in a still voice.. i felt Him speaking to me this week. i loved Matthew 21: 21 - 22 if you bleive you will recieve whatever you ask for in prayer.. its sooooo hard to belive that it really is that simple.. i still have a lot to learn there... i also love that faith energizes our prayers and prayer communicates our concerns and requests to God... alos that the Holy Spirit resides in our hearts to guide us..
i made a decision a few years ago that i believe was The Holy Spirit directing me where He wanted me to be... although many many days i wonder why?? i need to be still and have faith.. ok im rambling i will re-read this lesson many times again it really spoke to me... i hope others will benefit as well. God bless us all

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  12:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ashley

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  08:25:00 AM  Show Profile
What has happened to out Bible study? It's very quiet here. I hope nothing has happened to keep everyone away. I am really enjoying the studies and am learning so much. But I was just wondering because there is not much going on.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  08:47:56 AM  Show Profile
It's funny you said that, Kris. I was wondering the same thing! I am still working on my study. It has been crazy this week, so I'm late posting the answers to the questions, but I will try to get that done tonight.

I hope you all are well!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

fille de ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

2344 Posts

Madeline
Meadow Lands Pa.
USA
2344 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  3:28:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I am here. Been busy but am continuing with the study. I have to say though, I am stuck on the first question. I have pondered it & have yet to come up with an answer. The answers to the other 3 questions came quickly but I will continue to think on the first. Ashley, you really got smoke coming out my ears LOL

Blessings
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  10:05:30 PM  Show Profile
HI...I am still studying too. I have two Bible Studies a week and so, since I teach one that has to be
my #1 Priority. I will post on this one when I am done.

living loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  04:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

Here are my answers in very short form. This study gave me a great deal to think about. I realized how often I do not listen (which is something I've heard since I was a little girl).

1. God has me at a crossroads. I understand that I have the option to make the proper choices, but will I? I don't feel he has given me a set goal, but I understand what I need to be doing.

2. I've been blessed with my family.

3. Yes, I am looking for direction. I just have to learn to listen better.

4. The Holy Spirit should be leading me more, once again, I need to learn to listen and act how I've been directed.

I hope all of you are doing well!

Sending much love,

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  06:04:34 AM  Show Profile
I'm here, but I have to fight for the computer. I'll be back later.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile
Me too! Granddaughters are here!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  7:15:19 PM  Show Profile
OK Ladies...I am back to answer my questions for Study:

question one:

In Oct. God brought to my attention that I was isolating from the other people in the Sr. Estates where we were living...and it was because people seemed to be dropping like flies. Too many deaths and illness all around me and it was making me feel old and dead myself. I really felt like a young person burried under a pile of dead dry bones. That very night after God revealed this to me...I sat my husband down and shared all that with him and we felt like God was saying..."You need to move and get out of this place that is depressing you." I was the youngest person there and we had lived there for 4 yrs. So, my husband said, "Let's start looking for another place to live and while we are at it lets move back into town so we are closer to the kids." I agreed. Well, let me tell you Ladies...when God reveals a truth to you...he waists no time in orchestrating things. Literally 2 days later we had a new house (new to us) to move into and the keys to the place. And it was literally 5 minutes from where the youngest son lives. I had two weeks to pack the apartment up and be out of it.
We had just signed a new lease on the Apartment a couple months before and could have had to pay monthly rent on it until they found another renter....but God took care of all of that and we never had to pay double rent. One of the couples that lived in a one bedroom apt in the Estates, wanted our 2 bedroom. God just orchestrated everything and it all went smooth as clock work. That is God For You! And he knew exactly what I needed.~ Even though I know non of my NEW Neighbors...I feel less alone than when I was around lots of other people every day. It has been amazing. I have always found that for my life anyway...when God directs me to do something...He means NOW...and "I will show you the way, take my hand. I will guide you step by step as lovingly and gently as you need me to."

question two:
I have found that obedience to God brings Peace, Joy, and Blessings. But disobedience brings
Correction and New Lessons. But those lessons are opportunities to learn to do it right. God is a God of Re-do's and second chances.
I need to do it God's way not my way. (Lesson #1) lol

question three:
I am always looking for God's directions.
He knows me better than I know myself and he knows what I need to do to be the woman he wants me to be. The Woman I was meant to be.

I want to make a comment on John 14:12-13.
If we ask for something in Jesus name he will grant it...only if we are asking in agreement with his will. If I ask him for a 2012 Jaguar...that does not mean he is going to give that to me. Or if I ask for a million dollars...that does not mean he is going to give it to me. But if I ask in Faith for something I need or want or desire and it goes along with God's desires for me...he will give that to me. He is a good parent...he wants to give good gifts to his children, but He also knows what is best for us and takes that into consideration. There have been times that I have asked for something I thought I just couldn't live without...and God allowed me to have it and I found that it wasn't at all what I needed or even wanted. Have you discovered that yourself? So, I have learned that God really does know best and I can trust Him in all things.

question 4:

Yes, I seek the Holy Spirits guidance...God gave us The Gift of The Indwelling Spirit for a reason. Unfortunately many Christians don't rely on Him enough. In fact I would venture to say that many almost forget about Him.
I seek His guidance by watching, waiting, listening and moving forward. We don't ever want to under-estimate The Power that we have within us....for it is the very same Power that raised Jesus from the dead.

Loved The Lesson...hope you all did too.

God is Awesome and full of Grace and Lovingkindness!!!

Living Loved,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 22 2012 7:26:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  1:33:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm not real swift at beng obedient. I question myself first is it God putting this idea in my head or is it my desire. I know how much I should just go to prayer and ask in to show me this is his desire or not. If theres no response than I'll let it rest until I see it is him. I've got a couple of situations that I need to make a decision about. I need to go back a ways. Last Feb. my DIL miscarried. We were so sad, because we had not had a baby for 12 years. But the Lord answered our prayers again and we have a grandson due in March. I've been asked to care for him 5 days a week, which is what I did with the other two. But I've for some time wanting to start making up my crafts and selling for my fun money. Now I have a order for some baby items. Can I do both?????? Thats the question. I have fibromyalia really bad and I'm just now sure. I would love to be able to do both. So will wait for a sign to know what is meant for me to do. It's been hard for me to except that I(myself) is worthy of all his blessings, because of some of the mistakes I have taken in life. Yet I see many blessings he has given me. I am trusting that his will, will be done. And to remember he is my guide, and not to let my desires take over. This was a good but also deep lesson for me.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:20:59 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,

Me neither! I try really hard to do as I'm told, but I have a bull headed streak in be when it comes to being obedient. It calms the older I get, thought:)

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  05:21:40 AM  Show Profile
Topic 4 is posted!

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  6:37:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy loved your story of the move! God is so good!
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  11:02:43 AM  Show Profile
In a nutshell - I'm seeking guidance right now.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  1:52:50 PM  Show Profile
I would like to respond to 2 of those questions. It asks where does God have us now? I am reminded of Luke 16:10..."“Whoever is faithful with little is faithful with much also, and whoever does evil with a little also does evil with much” This is the English translation of the Aramaic. God tests us out with baby steps. If we think God is directing us in a little thing...like maybe a prompting to send a card to someone...or call another on the phone to see how they are...& we obey...they He has shown us that we can be faithful with more responsibility. It is like a child learning to crawl, then a few steps, then walking holding on to tables, then on to gradually running until we are proficient in life to run a marathon. Not too much too soon. The other point is question 4. Do we pray in the little things? I have heard people pray for a parking spot or others say God is too busy to answer a stupid prayer like praying for a parking spot. Doesn't matter. The point is to spend time with God...talking over our day, asking for direction or how to act or maybe even praying for a parking spot. God is NEVER too busy to hear any prayer of ours, cuz He is God and for good ness sakes, He can do everything. We need to get Him involved in our lives.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Edited by - buffypuff on Jan 27 2012 1:53:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  07:25:57 AM  Show Profile
amen Claudia
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2012 :  4:32:36 PM  Show Profile
I've posted the new bible study on Gathered up. It is Having a Real Relationship With God....

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Topic 3: Jan. Bible Study Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page