Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  12:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Just ordered the Tasha Tudor book, Forever Christmas. Do any of you have this one? I have four other books of hers and saw this one used so decided to order it.
Speaking of books I have three nice cookbooks for trade over on the BARTER SITE.
Finished the Fannie Flagg book, Can't wait to get to heaven, nice read and nice to see what happened to the towns people after reading her other book about that same town, Standing in the Rainbow. Reading Anne of Green Gables now, almost done,getting a lot more out of it this time around. Not sure what I will read next,got a nice pile to choose from.
NANCY JO

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nancy, I would hate to be a downer, but I didn't think Forever Christmas was as good as the other books on Tasha Tudor. I already had the crafts, the garden and the private world ones and read them all the time. The writing as well as the photogaphy just lends itself to re-reading over and over. But this one is written and photographed by someone else - there just isn't the attention to detail as in the other books. Still lovely and if it was the first one you had read, you would love it. But not as good as the others.
What does anyone else think? I really want to get the cookbook and I have read a few 'reviews' here - everyone seems to think worth getting - if only for the artwork.
I love Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Little House series, all those. I read Anne again last year - hubbie wondered why I was reading a children's book, but I love them.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic FOREVER CHRISTMAS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page