Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  6:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Since all of you Farm Girls are such amazing cooks, I thought you'd enjoy the posts that I have been doing at the blog lately. I found my grandmother's "Domestic Science" high school textbook from 1914 and it is a hoot! I have been trying the recipes and posting the results, along with the Table Manners suggested with each lesson. NEVER put a napkin in the collar, don't you know!! :-) Anyway, I've included some pictures from the book too. So far, there are two installments that you can find if you click on my blog link below.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2012 :  7:56:22 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth,
Just enjoyed your blog!! How fun! The beef stew looks wonderful! May give it a try next week on these colder days!

In a box of old family photos and genealogy records, we found a biscuit/ dinner roll recipe of my gggma!
My gkids and I tried the recipe once and I made an oops with the recipe! So we are going to try it again! She supported herself selling her rolls from this recipe ! There was just something so cool about it all as the gkids and I tried it! Realizing that generations later her family was thinking of her, wondering about her life and enjoying this special recipe find!

Blessings,
Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jan 12 2012 7:58:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  04:34:01 AM  Show Profile
This is really cool!

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

Okie Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

1674 Posts

Mary Beth
McLoud Oklahoma
USA
1674 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2012 :  07:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Linda, that is amazing!! Isn't it neat to have your hands in something like that and feel your relatives from days gone by, standing there doing it right along side of you?! And just think, if it were today, your gggrandmother would have starved to death because with all of the regulations on selling food, she'd have been shut down!! :-) What a neat way to spend time with the grandkids, passing on skills handed down through the generations.

Mary Beth

www.OklahomaPastryCloth.com
www.Oklahomapastrycloth.com/blog
The Sovereign Lord is my strength - Habakkuk 3:19
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Vintage fun in the kitchen Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page