Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Sent in my adoption papers! 2nd UPDATE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sent in my adoption papers! 2nd UPDATE! Next Topic
Page: of 2

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  07:39:14 AM  Show Profile
Oh Audrey how exciting!!! he is such a beauty! God Bless and I hope the trip goes well!

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  07:58:34 AM  Show Profile
He's adorable! In that pic he looks like he has more than a little bit of ornery ion him.
Fun times ahead!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  1:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Ah, you guys are so funny! Yes, I'm afraid he may be more then we are expecting. A 15 year old Cairn is soooo much more mellow than a 5 year old Cairn! But, his foster Mom has warned me and warned me so I guess it will be my own fault if he gets the better of me! His rescue name is Slicker (he was rescued with 7 others and they named them "the Coats of Many Colors" group. We don't really care for that name (sounds derogatory to me) so we've been thinking of naming him Kipper.

Audrey

Good boy Hobbs! I love and miss you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  3:17:25 PM  Show Profile
Kipper sounds just jaunty enough for that fella!! Plus, sound-wise it is very close to Slicker for training purposes. I imagine he might get away with a thing or two at first, but I'm sure you will settle in perfectly together. What time does he arrive tomorrow and is it a long trip to the airport for you? Will he be sedated? A three hour flight or so? Keep us posted!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  05:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love the name Kipper- there is a great Preschool program on TV named Kipper. Very sweet and cute. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  10:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Alee, if the program you are referring to was about a dog named Kipper that's where I got the name (although he looks more like the Scottie friend). Marianne, his flight is 2 1/2 hours but he has to be checked in 2 hours prior and then I'll have to wait 1/2 to 1 hour before I can pick him up. We are flying him Delta since they were able to just put him on one of their direct flights. We were told Continental was the best at shipping dogs but when I called they were going to fly him from Minneapolis to Houston where he'd have a 2 hour layover and then on to Denver. All in all that trip would have been over 12 hours! I said no thank you! This one will be around 5 hours and I thought that was going to be traumatic enough.

I'm so excited! We are leaving in about an hour for our 1 1/2 to 2 hour trip down to the airport! Hope I planned ahead for all of his needs when he arrives. Thought he might have an accident in his crate so I'm bringing things like rags and warm water to tidy him up. Bringing him some clean towels, a dog blanket in case he's cold, TWO leashes (they recommend 2 in case he slips one). I'm bringing some drinking water and a bowl and some snacks. Oh and I remembered my camera so I can document his arrival!

Pray for a smooth flight, a warm spot for his crate and an angel to keep him calm!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  1:19:36 PM  Show Profile
"They call him Kipper, Kipper the dog...the dog with the slippers...". He's a jazzy cat, that Kipper. We love him in our house!!!

I think if I had a Cairn, I'd probably call him Pip. My Nanny had a Border Terrier and that's what she named him...

"Hey, I've got nothing to do today but smile..."
The Only Living Boy in New York, Paul Simon
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  5:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yup! That is the show alright! I seem to remember him from my childhood but I might be wrong. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  05:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
can't wait to hear how it went!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6661 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6661 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2012 :  07:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Audrey, I know you are very busy with the newest member of your family, but I was wondering how your trip went and how he is settling in. How was the plane ride for him I wonder, I did pray that all would go well and Angels to surround his plane and bring him home safely to his new family.
Excited to here how it all went.
Have a beautiful, fun weekend.
Farmgirl Hugs,'
Deb

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  12:15:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Audrey, That's quite a little journey for the little guy! Hopefully, he wasn't too scared. Quite the traumatic day for him. I suppose it will be a while before you check in online ... too many fun things to do with Kipper!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2012 :  07:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Audrey! What a journey -- can't wait to hear an update and see some pictures:)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  10:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Audrey did you ever pick up your dog??? We were wondering if everything went okay and how the new dog is doing. I hope everything went well.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  3:39:55 PM  Show Profile
Following your story please do tell more! Wagging tails & doggy hugs, what's better?
Some rescue groups here simply hand over animals on a first come idea which is so wrong since the poor creatures can end up in even worse situations. Your home sounds full of love.
Great luck with new family member!!!
Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2012 :  8:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! I guess I've been neglecting my sisters with updates! Kipper is wonderful. He seemed to do perfect on the plane. His crate was wet but from the water slopping and not him. He was pretty fearful and took a couple of weeks to settle in with us without going into a panic at every new situation. I got to stay home with him for 2 weeks and then we've been bringing him into work with me for the last couple of weeks and he's doing better each day.

He's still trying to learn indoor potty manners (he has very subtle cues when he needs out) but what do you expect from somebody who had to poop and pee right in his crate for 5 years? But other than that and wanting to chew on everything, he is everything I could have hoped for. He lets me cuddle him and hug him tight. Something my beloved Hobbs would never put up with. I have discovered when I'm missing my dear Hobbs if I grab Kipper and hug him tight he helps me get over the worst part. He knows that's why he came to our home, our old boy had to leave and Kipper has come to take over our care. He truely has rescued me not the other way around.

He is feeling at home finally and has frequent puppy fits (full tilt running in circles around the rooms). Poor thing, he's dreadfully out of shape having never had that kind of freedom before! But over these last weeks he's building up his doggy muscles and is able to go longer in his runs before he's winded. He makes me smile everytime he does this. You just know he's running for the shear joy of it! And TOYS! He loves his toys! It doesn't matter to him that they are used toys. They are his now and he loves tossing them in the air and then running after them!

I'll share some pictures next week when I'm back at the office. Thank you all for your prayers for his safe arrival and wanting to know how it's been going. He's been keeping me busy that's for sure but it's a good busy! We will be looking for some training programs when the weather warms up and teach my little heathen dog some better manners. He seems pretty smart and has figured out "sit" already and "out" and is working on "wait". "Stay" is beyond his capabilities right now and he can't figure out why on earth we would want him to "down"! He walks like a dream on his leash and really enjoys going to parks, the sniffs are out of this world!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sent in my adoption papers! 2nd UPDATE! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page