CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  6:31:29 PM  Show Profile
your nails (fingers and toes) .. i love polished nails (both ends) .. sometimes it is just a pinky-clear .. but usually a more 'colorful color' . how's about you?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  6:47:00 PM  Show Profile
I don't "do!" I can't. I feel like I can't breathe when my nails are painted! I'm a "keep-em-short-and-natural" kinda girl. My mom and sis are all pinky and manicured all the time, and I'm the black sheep. Oh well! There's one in every family. Baa.

Catherine :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  7:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I do and I don't more don't than do. My kids like theirs done so every few months weget out hte polish and do their nails. They want mine done so I do them. It just wears its way off so it always looks bad in 4 days till 6 weeks later when its gone.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my web store www.sunshines.etsy.com my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/ my google page http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  8:12:19 PM  Show Profile
I do polish my toenails (dark pink) in summer. I never ever do my nails though...I am just too hard on nailpolish. I keep my nails real short and always have.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  8:14:24 PM  Show Profile
I love painted nails both fingers and toes. I try to keep the toes painted, usually a true red, or a orange red! But I don't have time to paint or have my finger nails painted. I live way out from town, and can't get in for that! But I love it! They look beautiful painted, trimmed and shiney, but time is money! Sew many quilts, sew little time! I do like a short cropped nail, with a french manicure! But I love bright red, or orange red nails!!!

I say go for it if you can!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  8:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
I go with my girls and we do a mom and daughter thing of getting a pedicure every month, so my toes are always done. Every month they are diferent, this month they are mother of pearl white with stones and hearts..next month I am getting cherries..it is so cute the cherries are little red or pink stones...so much fun!! But my fingernails I just keep shaped and leave natural, I do to much with my hands and polish doesn't last!! Anyway I like them just plain. Thanks Frannie for the fun topic!
Hugz!!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  9:07:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm like Catherine on this one - I never do my nails, just like them natural. I'm sure polish on my nails wouldn't last anyway. I actually don't use any makeup, only occasionally when going out.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  9:28:30 PM  Show Profile
I keep my nails short because it's easier to work around the house & garden. I do like polish, but not every day. Always for special occasions & in the summertime though!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  11:27:53 PM  Show Profile
My toenails are ALWAYS painted a bright red or bright pink, depending on my mood, and my fingernails sometimes get the "treatment" and sometimes not, but they are always short. I really like the look of very short red fingernails, and that's what I have a lot of the time. They look especially glamorous when my hands are covered in dirt, chipped from something or other or when they are driving toy tractors around the farm with my son!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  04:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
LoL Libbie!!Too cute!!
Hugz!

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  05:14:28 AM  Show Profile
My fingers and toes go out "au natural." There was a time that I had those acrylic nails, all shiny and red, but I couldn't do anything with them!! (Except undo the little screw in the light switch plates!) They looked great, but I felt very clumsy with them. It's back to short, plain nails for me.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  06:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
My finger nails stay pretty short, and unpainted. I have never been real good at painting them, they always seem messy when I do. Only once or twice during a year do they get paint, and then in just a day or two start looking pretty worn. So it is just easier for me not to paint them. Now my toes are a different story, summer I like them painted. I like the bright colors, red is my favorite. However, in winter they don't get painted.

Elizabeth

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  06:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Yes I use light colors, pearl, light pink. My problem is what is a good POLISH REMOVER? I remember when polish used to come off with a couple of wipes, now its a half bottle of the stuff. Anyone have a brand that works?
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  08:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Hahahahaha!!!! Umm, not with horses. Short and natural. But long enough to give good scratchies to manes and withers. And my toes? What for? They're never out of boots!
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  12:21:09 PM  Show Profile
I used to keep polish on fingers and toes, but developed an allergy to fermaldehyde (I really need spell check) and to some other commonly used ingredient. I love Libby's comment, though. I'm always into something-- and usually plants and dirt, which show SO well under unpolished nails! Good news: you know when to scrub. Bad news: if they're clean but stained, they look awful. I need a sign saying "It's basil!" HA!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  1:15:26 PM  Show Profile
I'm laughing along with Mary Ann here. I run a farm and market garden pretty much by myself and I figure...oh about November maybe...my hands like look like they belong to a female again.
Di
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  6:36:30 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Yeah Di; gloves really do wonders for nails, don't they? We put them on when the weather gets cold and wonder why our nails don't get so gross anymore!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  7:02:16 PM  Show Profile
I started taking a vitamin for skin, nails, and hair. My hair started growing real fast and so did my nails. I have to trim and file them every week! I do wear polish on my toes but only once in a while on my fingers. After doing beets, who needs nail polish! Susan
Go to Top of Page

medievalcat
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Cynthia
White County Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  7:03:17 PM  Show Profile
Normally my nails are short and rather messy looking. When I gave up gluten, my nails started growing like weeds and I’m forced to do something with them. Mostly my hands are stained from whatever dye I’m using either on leather or cloth...so my hands and nails are either purple, red, or blue. I ignore my feet; they are my workhorses that I remember to take care every so often.

Now my hair...I dye it all the time! But I'm a wash and go girl, low maintenance, which means I still need some maintenance, something I found most guys can’t wrap their minds around!
Cyn

"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today." President Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  8:03:38 PM  Show Profile
I do and I don't. Before I retired, I wore polish every day....perfectly manicured. Now that I am not going in to work, I am more "Natural". I have to say that I love seeing beautiful nails and toenails. Call me lazy
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2006 :  12:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Love painted fingernails and toenails. Hands and nails are one of the things I look at first on a person. Don't mind natural as long as they are clean. When I worked full-time I got my nails done all the time. It was my treat to myself and one of my biggest pleasures -- along with a pedicure. Now that I don't work outside the home I don't paint my nails as often. Although just in the last month I've started doing it again. Love plum and rose nail polish -- light for summer and dark for winter. It just makes me feel so pretty and feminine. I have always worn gloves when I work outside. it's not so much to keep my nails clean but to protect my hands. I hate the way my hands look when the dirt gets embedded in the skin and you can't even scrub it off.

Handmade purses, home decor, and bath delights at www.rusticcottagecreations.com

Read my ramblings at http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/

Edited by - therusticcottage on Aug 26 2006 12:54:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  08:46:08 AM  Show Profile
I am not a nail polish person at all! The fumes make me sick and head-achey, and when my nails are painted they feel heavy and like they can't breathe!!
I am a no nonsense girl for sure. My beauty routine usually consists of a shower, brushing teeth, and burts bees chap stick!

Low maintence for sure!
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

santa_gertrudis_gal
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Kim
Groesbeck Texas
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  12:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Send santa_gertrudis_gal a Yahoo! Message
I'm with you Mary Ann! Horses, Dogs, Cattle, Rabbits.....If they aren't short I'm tearing them into the quick....short please. I also have very brittle nails. If I have a special event then I get the whole nine yards. Those who have never seen me dressed to the hilt, always make the comment, geee you sure clean up good. I just smile....

Kim

Heaven is a day at the ranch with my Santa Gertrudis!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  5:08:10 PM  Show Profile
I do my fingernails once in a while... I prefer the light pearl type pinks.
Then my toes..I like to do those every now and then..and have really started paying attention to them this summer more..taking the time to pamper myself a bit more..so I'll sometimes paint them a pearly deep red color.
I always wear either a scented lotion or a perfume..every day. It keeps me feeling feminine and pretty.. even on those days when I feel anything but and even when I have no where to go..and have sweated up a storm pulling weeds or getting dirty with yard work or the general mom stuff...just the smelling and feeling feminine can be nice.
I don't wear face make up though...but I do think it's important to pamper myself once in a while though.And the polishes I use are those really fast dry kind..60 seconds and wallah..it's dry and ready to go.
When I head into town I like to add a necklace or simple casual bracelet to my outfits..just to feel a bit more feminine.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  7:49:38 PM  Show Profile
My fingernails are very dry. I have to wash them lots @ work. I also do pottery. polish and clay do not mix! Painting them is useless coz it is gone in a few days. I do like polished toes especially in the summer. so once or twice a year I get a pedicure. It's my treat to me.
Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2006 :  8:32:20 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cmandle

I don't "do!" I can't. I feel like I can't breathe when my nails are painted! I'm a "keep-em-short-and-natural" kinda girl.

Catherine :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com

Ditto-besides if I do my nails it all gets chipped off when I do the housework.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Do you "Do" .. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page