Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Herbal Wisdom
 Any herbal help for sciatica nerve pain?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Any herbal help for sciatica nerve pain? Next Topic  

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  12:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering what to do for sciatica nerve pain? Not getting relieve with aleve and heat stick.
Ruthie Ann

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  12:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Ruth Ann: When I had trouble with my sciatica, I put cold compresses on it first.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Catherine L
True Blue Farmgirl

408 Posts

Cathy
Newton Texas
USA
408 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  6:00:00 PM  Show Profile
My husband uses the joint rescue from Peaceful Mountain. He says it works wonderfully. They also have a formula for sciatic problems. Here is the website http://peacefulmountain.com/store/sciatic.php
Our local small town pharmacy has quite a few natural products and that is where we get it. Hope this helps. Cathy

~Cathy~
Farmgirl 2428 http://www.my-fairhaven.blogspot.com/
http://adaywithnonnaandboompa.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  6:12:19 PM  Show Profile
My sciatica pain was alleviaed very well by sitting on ice for about 3 hours ( I sat and knitted ) and the next day felt only a
twinge of pain, and sat on ice again for an hour and it was gone! Putting ice on it for a short time doesn't get the cold to
the nerve as it is a very dense muscle to get thru to get cold to that inflamed nerve....so a long time on ice is necessary.
That's my story.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  08:12:47 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann: How is your sciatica pain? I hope you have had some comfort. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  06:28:48 AM  Show Profile
There is a wonderful stretch for sciatic pain. Lay on the floor. Bend knees so that heels are almost touching your booty. Cross the leg that the sciatic pain is in. Make sure you use the knee to support your ankle. Pull your leg up that the pain is in. DO NOT use your hands to pull. If you need someone to push your leg up to your chest it is better...If you need more help with this let me know. I will try to help. BTW I am a massage therapist I have always come across this with clients..

Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  07:52:13 AM  Show Profile
I had it bad when I was pregnant. My doctor told me to lay on the floor and put my legs up on the couch. I would press my back into the floor and hold it for 5 seconds. I did 10 rounds twice a day. it really helped.

Hope this helps. This is very painful.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

My Blog - www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Etsy Store - www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Bella
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Karen

USA
274 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2012 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann,

I'm not aware of any herbals for sciatica; however, the homeopathic Arnica works well for pain and inflammation. My mother suffered from sciatica so badly that she would lie on the floor at night and cry. She went to several different chiropractors and none helped her. It wasn't until she went to an acupuncturist that she got total relief. It took several sessions and they were not inexpensive, but she said that it was well worth it. Good luck.

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly. One must have freedom, sunshine and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Any herbal help for sciatica nerve pain? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page