Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Anita Shreve Books Next Topic  

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  7:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I just read Sea Glass by Anita Shreve. After I finished the book (and I did enjoy it) I read in the back that the author used the same house for 3 of her books (Sea Glass, The Pilot's Wife, and Fortune's Rock). The setting for each of the books is in the same house, just in a different period of time. Each story is about a different family living in the house. She based this on an actual house that she saw that enchanted her. Has anyone else read these books? Did you figure out the thread about the house? I didn't until I read the information in the back of the book. Anyway, I loved the idea of a neat old house being sort of a character in the book...I've often looked at old houses and wondered what stories they would tell if they could talk.

Warmly,
Pam

Pam Barnes-Palty
Phoenix, AZ
Farmgirl #1075
Happy member of the Southwest Henhouse

Be distracted by joy

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  10:01:22 AM  Show Profile
Pam: No, I haven't read any of the books. They seem interesting, and I'll add them to my "To Read" list. I, too, like the idea of an old house being a character in a book. I'll look forward to reading the books because of that fact. Thanks for the recommendation.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Anita Shreve Books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page