Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  06:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Last night Nora woke up because she was throwing up. So Doug and I worked together to get her cleaned up and settled back into bed with new sheets. Her poor little stomach didn't settle for a couple of hours. Today she is feeling fine so it must have been a temporary thing.

But it sure makes you feel horrible when your little girl is gettig sick. It makes you want to do everything to fix it when there isn't much you can do to wait it out.

Did you know that now you can't use Pepto if you have been having "flu like symptoms"? Because of Reye's Syndrom? Doesn't that mean any time they are throwing up we can't use it then?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  07:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I have a bottle of some anti-nausa liquid that I got at Wal-mart. It helps without any of the ingredients that you don't want. It is like the old Coke syrup. Sometimes Bri throws it back up, but then she feels better. Look for it with tummy stuff at Wal-mart.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  1:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy- I will take a look- thankfully she usually has an iron stomach. This is the first time I really remember her throwing up. We got some giner ale in her and that seemed to make her feel lots better. Today she was right as rain (thankfully!)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marthajane
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Anna
Orlando FL
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  06:25:37 AM  Show Profile
sorry to hear the little one struggles!
i used to have alot of tummy upsets too when young,
I think the problem is the weak immune system.
when they say the babies get their immunity from Mom, I think it goes beyond the breast milk.
I think the little ones rely on us for every defense. Like the ears covered from cold, the air fresh and clean, the linens free from germs, the food wholesome and unspoiled, and the skin covered against the elements of damp and chill.
Even this year I got nauseated and of all the things that helped me would you believe it-I ate 2 homegrown peaches and felt completely well again.
I am forming a list of foods that have healing strength...so far I got peaches, oats, crackers, carrots, and apple blueberry baby food.
I also have adrenal stress and they recommend lots of vitamin C, licorice and tic tacs to keep the blood sugar regulated.

Happiness IS being a MOM
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  3:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Licorice works wonders. I have adrenal fatigue also.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

countrymommy85
True Blue Farmgirl

898 Posts

Krystle
MT
USA
898 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  2:17:44 PM  Show Profile
I just used Gripe Water on my daughter when she was crying her tummy hurt and I thought for sure she was going to throw up. Thankfully the Gripe Water helped because she was finally able to fall asleep. I never thought about licorice! I will have to try that too,but hopefully not too soon!Oh and once I'm sure the tummy can handle the next day or two I start them on extra probios by giving them organic yogurt and/or kefir. Then I don't have a problem until the next time which isn't very often.

Mothers are those wonderful people who can get up in the morning before the smell of coffee. ~Author Unknown

http://countryrenaissance.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SunflowersAndHoney
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  9:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Yep, I figured that about Pepto, because it contains salicylates. http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weeklyquestion/a/05_pepto_bismol.htm

We just had a throw-up episode Friday night, with my youngest vomiting about 12 times in 12 hours. I have some Zofran from a previous illness (the kind that melts under the tongue). I did give her one dose after her stomach was completely empty. Yes, it took 12 vomit episodes to clear her tummy!

We use drugs very sparingly, but that stuff is a miracle when you need it.

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  6:41:37 PM  Show Profile
My older neighbor told me when her grandson would have vomiting, she would give him a tablespoon of peach syrup from canned peaches. I've never tried it. To be honest, Audrey has only thrown up when she has had high fevers once or twice. Anyone else ever hear of it or use it? Curious.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Getting "Sick" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page