Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Birks for Yarn? Next Topic  

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  7:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Sigh. I'm totally a Birkenstock freak, but I've had to come to grips with the conclusion that I just don't wear these Birks! I love them, that's why I bought them at the flagship Birkenstock store in San Francisco back in 1999, but I'm just not such a "blue" girl after all. I've worn them maybe a total of 15 or 20 times since then. I have about 10 other pairs of Birks that get way more attention!

So...how about a swap? They're size 39, are in perfect condition (still smell like leather, my husband even said so!) and are absolutely adorable. And they're MARYJANES! (The soles aren't even worn down, I'm a straight-walker!)

I'm a total yarn-aholic so I was thinking that it would be awfully nice to have some new yarn to add to my collection in exchange for these shoes. Maybe some nice wool, or some cool sock yarn, something in neat colors for fall - I love colors!!!

Anyone interested?

Catherine, the Birk-freak-yarn-aholic

p.s. I could be talked into swapping for charm squares or bandanas too, since I've recently been bitten by the quilting bug!

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:00:14 PM  Show Profile
I call dibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will so set you up with yarn...just tell me what you want...
I LOVE them and they are my size..hooray!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:01:54 PM  Show Profile
I'm just curious, what is a size 39?

Thanks, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:11:34 PM  Show Profile
Hooray! I didn't think they would go that fast, but that's just awesome!

Gloria - size 39 is European, since Birks are technically German. It translates roughly to anywhere from an 8 to 8.5 to 9. I love the European sizing because 39 *always* fits, but with American sizing, I have to try on many different sizes! :)

Jenny - you're on! I'm thinking anything but acrylic (I have loads of that already!) and the fuzzy stuff (it drives me crazy!). But I love all weights and textures in wool and cotton (and have all kinds of needles from size 2 up to 13!) and I seriously love colors. Fall colors are wonderful! Homespun yarn is wonderful too...I love, love, love yarn with a story!

You decide what you want to get rid of and I'll get my needles ready to go! Email your address to me again and I'll get those shoes sent right off. Just in time for chilly Utah weather!

Farmgirl Love, Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh how fun..I will make you up a nice box of yarn and get it off to you right away!
Be sure to email me your address too!
I wear a size 81/2 or 9, but I agree...European sizes are so much nicer. a 39 always fits..a size 9 dosn't always! I have wide feet and Birks are just right for me. I love every pair I have ever had.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Why thanks! I'm always learning something at MaryJanes! Ya'll have fun, now if they were red.......

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  8:41:17 PM  Show Profile
FUNNY GLORIA!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  08:27:49 AM  Show Profile
YES! Congrats Jenny. I am a Birk lover too, and those are super cute...
I hope you get some cool yarn, Catherine. I just went to the yarn store and baught some cool self-patterning sock yarn. I am really looking forward to cool weather and thought it would be so fun to have some new wool socks to wear, with my Birks of course!
Kate

http://theknifemakerswife.blogspot.com/2006/07/knifemakers-wife.html
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  06:59:10 AM  Show Profile
I'm a birk lover as well. Have several pairs and it's pretty much all I wear. I have to agree with you all too, I'm a 39 as well and they ALWAYS fit. American sizes rarely fit right. Congrats Jenny, those are some cute birks!!
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2006 :  09:10:53 AM  Show Profile
Lucky you!

Although I wear a 40 or 41. We loved going to the factory when we lived in Germany!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Birks for Yarn? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page