True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  2:48:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,

Anyone interested in doing a Bible study, starting in Jan.?

I've never lead one, so if you have information or a study you've wanted to do, I'm up for it. Or if you want to lead, be my guest:)

If we have several ideas, I don't see any reason why we can't work through all of them:)

I think a Bible study would be a good way to start the year. Hope you all, do too.

Merry Christmas and much love to you all.

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  3:48:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley, it sounds like a great way to start the year. Count me in :)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  5:58:59 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be included. Thanks

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  04:49:23 AM  Show Profile
Yayy! I'll start looking for a topic:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  07:06:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm in

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  08:22:31 AM  Show Profile
How about something on the name of God??

FarmGirl 2495
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  09:17:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm interested in joining, too!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:06:27 AM  Show Profile
Add me to the list! I'm open to any topic at all. I've led real life studies and lessons but I'm not familiar with an online format.
Some good topics include:
~Spiritual Gifts
~A closer look at a particular book or character of the bible (Esther, Ruth, etc.)
~Charity
~The Godly woman
~The prov. 31 woman
~"What the bible says about X issue"
~Why did God create women
~The faces of Christianity (and which ones we wear)

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers

Edited by - Dusky Beauty on Dec 24 2011 11:20:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  2:36:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm having a Bible Study section on my website in 2012. You are welcome to use the word find puzzle in your activities. They are uplifting and comforting for anyone going through any issue in life!
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/blog.html

They will cover all topics in the Bible like the name of God, cross reference works to each scripture and how to be like Phillip the evangelizer in our worship to God and more.

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com

Edited by - marjean on Dec 24 2011 2:38:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  5:19:35 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join in on a study. I'm no longer able to take part in one at our church so this would be great.

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

www.becomingwendy.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  05:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,

I found a really interesting study on "Knowing God's Will". It seems like a good way to start the year. Clarity has been a mystery to me at some important times in my life, but not all. I'm sure some of you can say the same, so maybe by knowing our direction we will find more depth than we imagined in our lives.
I have a Study Bible and in the back it has 30 Bible Studies. I did one of them and it was good, so I thought we could give this one a whirl.

I've thought and thought about the best way to set this up and here is what I've come up with:

*This particular study will take about 7 weeks, as it has 7 sections. I will post a new thread every Tuesday with the verses and questions. You (and I) will reply to that thread for that week. I thought we might do it this way so if someone wanted to start late they could see what we've discussed, it would be great as a reflection, and also so the Bible Study won't clog up this section of the forum (since it will be a 7 week long discussion).

*The listing will look like this every Tuesday: Topic 1 Jan. Bible Study. The next week will be Topic 2 Jan. Bible Study, etc...

*I am going to keep a note pad for this study to write anything down that I or you find to help when I post in the thread. I thought you all might want to do the same:) Just an idea, not a requirement.

*How should we reply to the thread? However you feel you should! Share your questions, ideas, feelings, changes you can/want/have made, but most important; be open for discussion on the topic.

*I will post the first topic on or before Jan. 3, 2012.

I hope this sounds good to you all. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. Also, I hope your Christmas was very merry.

I am really looking forward to sharing this with you all!

Much love,
Ashley

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  05:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Ashley - sounds good to me. Thanks for organizing. Will be interesting to participate in an online study. My work schedule prevents me from participating in the women's study at church - am glad to have an alternative.

Could I suggest we introduce ourselves?
I'll start.
I'm 51 and came to know the Lord when I was pregnant with DS #2. Have attended mostly Baptist churches as a young Christian. Now attending a non-denominational church that is founded solidly on the Word of God. God has been working in my and DH lives about a calling to missions. We don't really know what that looks like yet - ie. serving full time vs enabeling others to go. Maybe this study will help clarify that.

FarmGirl 2495
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  06:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Im in. Thank You for all your hard work.
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  07:43:58 AM  Show Profile
I'm in Ashley, great idea. I'll check in every Tuesday.

Anne-Marie

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  07:51:34 AM  Show Profile
I would like to give it a try. Sometimes I get behind and can't get caught up.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  1:07:43 PM  Show Profile
No problem ladies! I like Tamara's idea of an introduction.

My name is Ashley McConnell. I am a SAHM of 3 boys (6, 4, and 2) and pregnant with my 4th (11 weeks and total oops baby). Also, I am a yoga teacher. I am 28 years old and married to a wonderful man and father. I was raised in and out of church, but my husband's faith has been such a blessing. He really taught me a great deal. We live in Spring City, Tn and have not found a church that fits us just yet, but I know when the time is right we will:)

Hey Dina, Don't worry about getting behind! If you miss a week or five and then feel like jumping back in, just do it! This will hopefully be a stress free dedication for us all.

Much love ya'll!

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

Emily Anna
True Blue Farmgirl

863 Posts

Emily
Fort Atkinson WI
USA
863 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  1:16:36 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join. Maybe I missed this, but is there a special book or bible we are supposed to get? I know you said you would post bible verses and questions, but I wasn't sure if that was just to get the discussion going, or if that is what we will be studying. I've never done a study like this before so i'm a little lost...please forgive me :)

I like Tamara's idea. If we are going to be studying something as intimate as God, we should know who we are learning with! I'm Emily. I'm 36 years old. This is my 6th year teaching Sunday school to the wee little ones. I've belonged to the Methodist church all my life. I love God and try to be a good person and live by his laws, but I know I am lacking in sooooo many ways. A bible study is just what I need! I look forward to learning with all of you!

Emily
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  2:30:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Emily,

I am so happy that you are going to join us!

I have a study in the back of my bible. I am going to post the verses and the questions on Tuesdays amd we'll reply to the topic thread for that week. If you have any other questions, let me know:)

Nice to meet you!

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  04:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Would love to join!! Thank you Ashley for your work in putting it together!
May I ask what bible you have that has studies in the back? That is great....

I am in my late 50s. Accepted the Lord when I was about 17. Most of my walk has been, sadly on my part, a roller coaster ride.
Did life a lot of 'my way' not the Lord's will for me. Trying at this stage to work on that and keep Him first and for most!
I married at 19, had an abusive and tough marriage that ended in divorce about 11 years later. The good news is the wonderful son and 3 daughters I received from that marriage and now 5 gkids. Family is the lite of life. I have remained single even after raising my kids as a single mom. Life has had its ups and downs, the Lord has been there every step of the way for my kids and I!!

I look forward to this study and am praying for a New Year of change and growth in the Lord!

Hope each of you has a great morning!

Farmgirl blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  07:33:40 AM  Show Profile
Hey Linda,

The bible I have is published by Zondervan (zondervan.com is listed on the back). The name is "Starting Point Study Bible". At the bottom it says "for new and recommitted belivers".

I found it on Amazon.com for you. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/NIV-Starting-Point-Study-Bible/dp/0310918901

Hope this helps. It is very nice to meet you:)

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page

birdie71
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Robin
Glendale Arizona
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  09:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Send birdie71 a Yahoo! Message
Count me in Ashley! I would love to do this! Bible study with Farmgirls?! Of course!!!
I am 40 (and loving it), married (and loving it) with two stepchildren (although I pretty much claim them as my own...18 &20), a 14 year teacher (2nd grade and loving it)and living on my tiny urban Sonoran Desert Farm (herding cats and growing a small garden)!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Robin
Farmgirl Sister #1301
Farming in the Sonoran Desert? Hmmm?!

my mama's (ceejay48) craftiness ~ www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
my daddy's craftiness ~ www.aspenforge.com
Go to Top of Page

Megan
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Megan
Hudson South Dakota
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  10:59:06 AM  Show Profile
count me in, i work nights so i cant make it down to our church groups

www.rockriverexoticsandkennel.net
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7616 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7616 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  11:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Please count me in it would be great to be in a group to study the Bible instead of by myself.
thanks.

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

fairlee
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Fairlee
Hamlin Texas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  12:24:53 PM  Show Profile
Please count me in. I love Bible studies.
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  5:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Don't forget me ladies! Sounds like fun!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  9:55:14 PM  Show Profile
Ashley, I would like to be included. Thanks very much!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bible Study Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page