LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  12:57:21 AM  Show Profile
Ashley...count me in! I am 60 yrs old. Married to a Retired Pastor. I teach a Bible Study Group
of women every Thursday Night. I have taught this same group for 22 years. We have 12 women in the
group and have had as many as 22 (which was challenging as this is an in home study group. I have also
been a Womens Ministry Leader and Managed two Christian Bookstores. I became a Christian when I was 22
and have had an adventuresome journey with our Beloved Lord for all these many years. I will be the
first one to tell you that I have not always done it God's way...but He has loved me despite myself at times. It is important that we all realize that we are all just "Sinners Saved By Grace"...and that we need
God and each other to make it through this journey called life. I look forward to this study and getting
to know all my on-line sisters.

blessings and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  04:51:25 AM  Show Profile
So nice to meet y'all! I'm really excited to get started. This is already such a blessing:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  05:37:35 AM  Show Profile
So glad your having a online bible study. I so need a bible study after the last year of family drama that has gone on. As always in my family Im the bad guy really not the victim but they can't see it thou. . Im need renewal to God's love and teaching to keep me ground . Per say.
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  07:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh please count me in. I am 46yrs old grew up a Catholic. I had some issues with that and prefer non-denominational. I have tried to study on my own and I am learning but it is a slow process. It would be so nice to have you ladies to bounce ideas and questions off of. I am so excited about this. Thanks for getting this started for the new year.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Dear Ashley, I'm in and thanks I have been wanting to get into a bible study but with the hours I work it's really hard. So this way I can always get caught up and never really feel like I'm missing out.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Ashley,
count me in as well. I am 46, married to dear hubby and mom to twin boys age 15 and stepmom to four older children on their own. I have two golden retrievers and one new shistu pup Jax. I am a teacher for past 23 years and love it. I live on a farm with many animals and love being in God's word. I am a Lutheran and gave my heart to Jesus when I was a young girl. I look forward to studying with yall.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7616 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7616 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  1:55:05 PM  Show Profile
I am a Lutheran also, I love it and my church is like my family.
I am also looking forward to the Bible Study.

quote:
Originally posted by tea_lady_tammy

Ashley,
count me in as well. I am 46, married to dear hubby and mom to twin boys age 15 and stepmom to four older children on their own. I have two golden retrievers and one new shistu pup Jax. I am a teacher for past 23 years and love it. I live on a farm with many animals and love being in God's word. I am a Lutheran and gave my heart to Jesus when I was a young girl. I look forward to studying with yall.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~The View From Within
http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com

"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life or in the life of another" Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  4:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Ashley, thank you again for doing this!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Kim. I am originally from NE Ohio but I am now an East Tn girl after my husband's job transfer a few years ago. I have been married 20 years to a very patient man and have 2 wonderful kids and a farm to call our own. My life has been in and out of church and I really feel its time to find a real relationship with God. Being part of this study is a real blessing for me.

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  8:50:30 PM  Show Profile
I think I want to join in too!

I'm 32, single, work in a daycare (so I get my kid-fix there!), and live in a small prairie town. My dream is to be able to have a self-sufficient farm one day (hopefully sooner than later).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  05:35:37 AM  Show Profile
i would love to join this bible study. what will we be studying? please let me know. thanks cheryl

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  05:56:55 AM  Show Profile
Me, too... Please count me in! :) - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

cheryl keyes
True Blue Farmgirl

468 Posts

cheryl
millinocket maine
USA
468 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  06:02:07 AM  Show Profile
i should have read on before i posted. sounds great to me... cant wait to get started and study Gods Word with all of you wonderful girls

http://plumkrazy.etsy.com
http://plumkrazyvintage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  4:59:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley, I'd like to be a part of this bible study. I'm trying to start this new year trying to set my prioity's and start my day off with the Lord. I've gone to a Methodist church most of my life. I try to live as he wants me to, but I make so many mistakes not knowing if he is guiding me or if its just myself thinking this is how I should do it. Does that make sense? I'm 59 and married to a great guy. My second marriage. I have two children, 40 and 36. And 5 grandchildren and a new one coming in March. The ones we have now range from 21-12. And I will be taking care of him when his mama goes back to work. When I ran across this study, I thought this would be wonderful. And I can check in when I get a break with our baby boy. So, I'm really excited to get started. Thank you Ashley for putting this together for us. Nothing better than being with our farmgirl sisters and connecting with God.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  06:27:40 AM  Show Profile
I'll be back to read over this. It sounds like something for me. I just received an e-mail from a fellow writer from my old writing group (Christian writers). He mailed us all a study he created also. I'll see if I can post the information for you all also.....I'll be back when the kids are not up, so I can concentrate on what I am reading etc.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  08:55:05 AM  Show Profile
Sounds good. Will have to book mark the site. Can't wait to get a good start in 2012. I'm not Lutheran. I'm a mutt (raised in a congragational church, baptised in a pentacostal church and currently attends a baptist church). I think it would be great to see the other sides of topics and hear other opinions based on scripture. I'm 42 with a 4 yo son and a good hardworking hubby.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

SuzanneH
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Suzanne
St Francisville Louisiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  6:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello
I would love to join in.
My name is Suzanne and I am the mom to four beautiful children (6-16 2 boys 2 girls) and wife to Chris my hard working nuclear chemist who never stops. I am a Couturier by school and training but currently work with vintage and antique textiles. We live in St. Francisville,La where you find many lovely Plantations. I have been a Christian for most of my life. My mom has been my inspiration on what a Christian should be. My family attend a church here in St Francisville. It is nice for the children because their friends from school are there, but I think our hearts are still at the church we left in Baton Rouge over an hour drive away. We do a devotion with our children every night to try and keep them grounded in the word and armed while going out into the world.

I am looking forward to joining in.

Farmgirl #3608
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrylifenaturals
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TuttieLou
http://countrynatural.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/suzholland/
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  08:06:51 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join this group! I was looking for a way to get into a bible study, but my job and being a single mom makes it tough to get involved in one. This will be the perfect setting for me

So a little about myself. I'm 54, soon to hit the double 5 and it feels pretty ugly! I have 4 boys, 3 of which are all grown up and raising my surprise package at the end on my own. He just turned 15 on Christmas. Side not: Grammytammy (Tamara) and I have been friends for about 25 years and she was with me the WHOLE time when I had "our" Christmas boy!! She is and has been a dear friend to me through thick and thin. Anyway, I have been single the last 16+ years. I also have 4 grandchildren (3 here with us and Aiden is our little angle in heaven) by my second son with number 5 on the way due in May which will be my oldest sons first!!!

I started going back to church last January (with Tamara) after a VERY long absence away from the Lord trying to do it "my way". After being unemployed for 2 years and 3 months and many trials, the Lord finally blessed me with the perfect job!!! I am a Library Director of a small rural library just 34 miles from where I live and it's just the best job ever!!!!! My son was happy because we didn't have to move and he will graduate from the school system he has been in since he began kindergarten.

I am still finding it difficult at times to follow God's ways, but REALLY want to make some serious changes this year in my walk with him.

Thank you sooooo much for putting this together! Can't wait to get started

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Edited by - cynfullypurple on Jan 01 2012 08:08:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  10:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Cynthia...hey girl, I just turned 60 and I am here to tell you that it is better
than the alternative! lol Seriously tho... Many in my family have not made it to
60 and/or the rest diedin their 60's. My Mom is 78 and my Aunt is 72...so,
I have Hope for a longer and brighter future.

This is going to be a Wonderful Study and will give us opportunity to "connect" with
our Christian Farm Sisters.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  10:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Hi PeggyAnn,

Yeah, I know it beats the alternative and I should be much more opptimistict about my age, considering the women in my family make it into their 90's! But I have always had issues with my age I guess it has something to do with the fact that I DON'T feel like I should I already be this old...young spirit in an older body! Plus I can't help but think this is not where I thought I would be at this point in my life, which on a certain level I'm actually doing what I love and should be content with that, but still so many things I haven't done:/ Oh well...

This is another reason I really want to draw closer to God this next year and find more peace and contentment in my life through Him! Really looking forward to getting to know more of the farmgirls through this study and gaining a closer relationship with God.

Take care!!

Cyn~
Farmgirl #2817

"The time is when a library is a school, and the librarian is in the highest sense a teacher, and the visitor is a reader among the books as a workman among his tools." ~Melvil Dewey

Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  2:11:07 PM  Show Profile
Love ya Cyn!

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  3:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Cynthia...have you ever stopped to consider that you may just be right where God wants you to
be? In The Message Bible Acts 20:32 "...our marvelous God whose gracious Word can make you
into what he wants you to be..." If not...then studying His Word...will make you what he wants
you to be (all of us...so we will have no doubt). That is the beauty of His Word, marvelous
things can happen when we study it.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ashley,

I have already asked to be in the group and I'm excited to find out what we will studying. I see sisters here that I have met through MJ and many more I don't know. As for my Christian witness. I grew up in the church, but it wasn't until 1974, that I had a real conversion, when after very hard trials, I realized that in the church, I had belonged to the organization (church), but didn't know the Boss.(Jesus) There are times I feel as though I have left the trail, but I know that He has always been with me. My daily devotion from Rick Warren, used the following verse to explain that Paul only had one resolution...how fitting for Jan.1. It is:

"For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:2 NIV)

Personally, I am 66, except for my knees, I feel around 50. My husband & I have been married 24 years. It is my second marriage after a heartbreaking first one. I can say that the blessings from that union are a son and daughter who have spouses and children of their own. They are my delight and I am so thankful for my husbnad who accepts them readily. I have since retired from being an Operating Room RN, & have the pleasant task to find ways to curtail costs and make a peaceful home for my husband & me. I had worked since I was 18 without time off except to have my kids. My daughter and her family moved across the country to the opposite corner to Tampa. My son works and lives about 2 hours away. I look back on all the things that have happened in my life and I don't understand many of them, but when I look at what would have happened if those episodes in my life had remained the same, I would have been extremely sad. Anyway...I wish to learn and contribute as I can and try to make the scripture suggested by Rick Warren a reality in my life.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

javawench
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Rachel
Wichita KS
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  5:45:24 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to join in the study!!
Blessings,
Rachel

Proverbs 17:22
A HAPPY heart is good medicine and a CHEERFUL mind works healing!!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2012 :  8:23:09 PM  Show Profile
This sounds great. My husband and I have both learned that living by Bible principles is always a good decision. I'm looking forward to starting this.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  06:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

I went back in the thread to you all could see details of this study. Tomorrow is the start and I am very excited! I will post the 1st section of our study tonight or tomorrow night.

Much love ya'll!

quote:
Originally posted by knead2garden

Hey Ladies,

I found a really interesting study on "Knowing God's Will". It seems like a good way to start the year. Clarity has been a mystery to me at some important times in my life, but not all. I'm sure some of you can say the same, so maybe by knowing our direction we will find more depth than we imagined in our lives.
I have a Study Bible and in the back it has 30 Bible Studies. I did one of them and it was good, so I thought we could give this one a whirl.

I've thought and thought about the best way to set this up and here is what I've come up with:

*This particular study will take about 7 weeks, as it has 7 sections. I will post a new thread every Tuesday with the verses and questions. You (and I) will reply to that thread for that week. I thought we might do it this way so if someone wanted to start late they could see what we've discussed, it would be great as a reflection, and also so the Bible Study won't clog up this section of the forum (since it will be a 7 week long discussion).

*The listing will look like this every Tuesday: Topic 1 Jan. Bible Study. The next week will be Topic 2 Jan. Bible Study, etc...

*I am going to keep a note pad for this study to write anything down that I or you find to help when I post in the thread. I thought you all might want to do the same:) Just an idea, not a requirement.

*How should we reply to the thread? However you feel you should! Share your questions, ideas, feelings, changes you can/want/have made, but most important; be open for discussion on the topic.

*I will post the first topic on or before Jan. 3, 2012.

I hope this sounds good to you all. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know. Also, I hope your Christmas was very merry.

I am really looking forward to sharing this with you all!

Much love,
Ashley

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum

~Ashley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Bible Study Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page