Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  09:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Well, yesterday I got a call back for a full time job that I applied for over a month ago. I start on Jan. 3. I haven't worked out of the house in two years. Funniest part is it is at an Organic Flour Mill in their retail store. Kind of nervous, what if I can't hack the hours or organize myself at home. I've worked full time for the past thirty years in retail so know I can do it just a little freaked out about it but excited all at the same time. The kids and hubby are okay with it and the money is good and benefits after six months. Just feeling unsure. Wanted to share since I haven't told anyone else yet. It is a good Christmas present.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  10:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Ingrid! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and great timing:) It may take some time to get reorganized but it sounds like you have great family support and that means the world. Let us know how it goes:)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  10:12:46 AM  Show Profile
Ingrid, Congratulations on your new position! It sounds like it is not only a new job, but a job with a really cool organization. You are now part of the big picture of bringing organic goods to the public, which you can be very proud of!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  12:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you! Sounds like a wonderful job, and I am sure you will get right back into the swing of things after a few weeks of work. Congratulations and a Very Merry Christmas to you and your family!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  12:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow! You have retail experience! Be kind to yourself..sounds like your family are supportive. Sounds like a great adventure. What a nice Christmas present.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  1:44:30 PM  Show Profile
It will be great! Congrats:)

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic New job Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page