gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  4:28:23 PM  Show Profile
What do you do for date night? We really need some new ideas. Movies, dinner, window shopping all a little old. Cheap and Cheerful please I need some new ideas.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6614 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6614 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  4:33:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi Diana ~

We really enjoy just going for a nice drive somewhere with no distractions,phone, and , dogs etc. Just hubby and I enjoying the scenery, each other and enjoying quiet conversation, reminising about past date nights when we were teenagers, so nice.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Deb

www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures

http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  5:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Play a board game, like monopoly or checkers. Or, bake brownies together. If you want to get outside of the house, maybe go bowling. In our town there is Christmas lights downtown. We enjoy strolling and looking. Usually other friends are there viewing the sights also. Have a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy conversation.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  8:25:30 PM  Show Profile
Debbie I love to go for drives but as he is a long haul truck driver he really see's no need to drive around. Marly he hates to play games and neither one of us needs brownies. These are great ideas and would love him to do these things but it would make it so simple. I guess the problem is me too I really want to do something out of the house and as he is gone all the time and just wants to be home.
Thanks for the ideas.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  10:40:02 PM  Show Profile
I will throw something wild out there. Is there any charity you can agree to volunteer for together? It doesn't have to be often. I know one family that is doing this instead of exchanging gifts and they are all excited about it. There's something about working together as a team that can bring you closer. There's pet shelters, libraries, hospitals, meals on wheels, mobile loaves and fishes, and the food bank to name a few.

You could also try a class together to learn a new skill. Some of these are only a few hours long. Places like Lowe's and Home Depot give free classes for different projects. It doesn't mean you need to actually do those projects at home, but sometimes it's just interesting to find out how to do something. There's also nature walking courses, bird watching, cooking, dancing, and geocaching (this combines nature walking with a GPS and treasure hunting.

What about sports? Tennis, golf, frisbee golf, hunting, horseback riding, bicycling, hiking, or kayaking.

I could go on and on. I've learned that it's not always easy going along with someone else's idea of fun, but if I want to spend time with them then I have to make the effort. This goes for the guy, too. I know my DH isn't really interested in holding my purse while I look at clothes. He knows later on we'll be doing something he likes. It's a compromise.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  07:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Good ideas I will check into some of these.
diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  07:35:26 AM  Show Profile
Our favorite date is to find some new festival or fair to go to. We love international festivals such as greek, italian, and scottish. We also like to go to more 'educational' type things.

We have more fun takin the kids to places like Conner's Prairie, a colonial set up, and Fair Oaks Farms, a dairy farm that has tours and birthing barns and a learning center.

We try to find things that wouldn't normally be considered a 'date' per say. It seems to be more relaxed and less stressed. We even have left the girls with grandma and just went shopping together for the household stuff or went to look at stores for our hobby's, garden centers, hunting stores, and beading shops.

We even spent a whole day yard saling and thrift store hopping once without the kids for our 'us time'!!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  07:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Oh!!! but Diana....you have to read CJ's "Christmas Cookie Rules...:)" post. Follow those rules and you and your hubby can eat all the brownies y'all want to. LOL. Enjoy!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  5:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Date nite??? Date nite??? What's that??? LOL We do go out, but not alot. It's generally tied in with other things going on seeing that we live 1000 miles from no where.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  5:49:57 PM  Show Profile
I usually do the asking out and arranging. Drew is too busy to come up with things to do, so I find the destination, even if it's a movie in our living room. Next week, we are going out for coffee and sweets, hugging ankles and listing to a good jazz singer =) There has to be a good balance of doing the familiar with doing the unexpected. We fall into ruts, everyone who has been together for any length of time does. But keeping it fresh also has to involve being up front about things that you absolutely don't find enjoyable. I used to make a baked Brie sort of light and classy dinner, until after years of me doing it, he finally mentioned that he never liked baked Brie.

I've got a thing going between the two of us that we make a note of things that we discover that sounds interesting and we share our discoveries and try to do some from each others list as time and money allow. My idea of spending a year slowly traveling around the European Mediterranean is still on the list, but not about to happen anytime soon

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  03:40:50 AM  Show Profile
This time of year??

Select a more upscale part of town and go see all the pretty Christmas lights. Then go find a coffee shop somewhere or bookstore to sip said coffee and find a good book. Makes an evening fly.

Or research ethnic food and try something different in a big city somewhere that has a nice restaurant
Go to Top of Page

bizemom
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Dawn
Oberlin Ohio
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  06:40:43 AM  Show Profile
We love to go to wineries. Even tho he isn't into wine that much it's the atmosphere. We started just going out locally but have since expanded our horizons & are now going to take a trip on a wine tour!!! Sometimes we will take a deck of cards, a book or just chat. It's really nice & he is even beginning to enjoy the taste of wine. Some of the other places we have gone is to a little mom & pop bar & order some wings & a drink & will watch a game or something on tv I didn't really enjoy this at 1st but he LOVES football, nascar, basketball & I have learned alot about it too & it is just fun to be doing something together! We go out on a date night every Sat. so we both look forward to spending some alone time together & sometimes we do meet up with friends but regardless we know Sat. night is our night:)

Proud mama to 2 AMAZING kiddos & wife to a WONDERFUL man!!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Date night? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page