Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 12/29/11: What are you doin' this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic 12/29/11: What are you doin' this week? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  2:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Well I have been cleaning today...I have finished Christmas shopping a week ago. We have our oldest granddaughter until Saturday and then we head to Buford Ga to have Christmas Eve and Christmas at my Daughters. i will be wrapping gifts until Friday night...And working during the day for Wed. Thurs. Fri.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  3:59:48 PM  Show Profile
After work I met my husband at the book store and finished up our Christmas shopping! I am so glad to be done. I have had a lot of death duties to take care of since my parent passed away this autumn that I haven't had time to focus on Christmas.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  4:18:12 PM  Show Profile
I got to spend the day at a friends house. We made some necklaces for her to give as gifts, and had a great time chatting. (hi Dawn)

Michele
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  9:40:35 PM  Show Profile
AmyGrace,,, your not @Huckleberry's anymore?

Glad to hear your life is on a less stressful path!

As for me, I have everything done, sept a trip into Spokane, to the German Deli to pick up the German lunch meats & cheeses & missc goodies for Christmas Eve Supper. Then a quick trip to the market to get the Tri-tip roast makings...this will be done tomorrow and then Friday I get to goof off and sing Christmas songs,,, falalalala,,,lalalala,,,, :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  06:34:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello to you too Michele! I sure wish I could of spent yesterday with you and your girlfriend! It sounded like you have a really fun time.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  06:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace - no I switched jobs in the spring - then my son started college in the fall so I've been crazy all year. Plus my new job involves a lot of travel - I think the learning curve part is behind me:) I love the Alpine Deli!! Best lunch meats and cheese prices in town!
Nicole hasn't posted about today yet - but my list for today is all the last minute groceries - plus a doctor's appt. that I thought was yesterday so showed up for but no......And pick up our CSA produce.

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  06:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
-Clearing out my project room so my daughter can have a place to stay when she comes!!! :)
-Finish wrapping some Christmas gifts
-Finish making a Christmas gift for someone special
-Go on my 5 mile power walk with my poochie friend, Bramble
-Go to the post office to send a package to Canada
-Go to the chiropractor so he can work on the terrible kinks (3 1/2 years of caregiving for a brain-injured totally disabled adult who
weighs more than I do takes it toll!!!)
-THEN enjoy some Christmas music and . . . tea . . . English Toffee cappuccino. . . my Christmas decorations . . . :)
Have a great Wednesday girls!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  07:43:53 AM  Show Profile
Happy Wednesday to you too Ceejay, and all the other wonderful, busy farmgirls!

Okay, thinking I should change the topic to "What did you get done yesterday", ha ha. Got some stuff shipped, gifts wrapped, cards sent out. Got to plan my menu, do some baking, errands, and laundry. Finish cards. Mail them. Last night took a break from the hustle and caught a movie with Audrey. Okay, girls, we are rounding the curve! Check back in with you all in a bit. Still need to bake those cookies...

Hugs,

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  12:18:34 PM  Show Profile
yesterday i accomplished two kinds of cookies- tonite/tomorrow two -three more...i did start packaging--cute wilton snowflake covered red cupcake papers filled with planters pumpkin spiced almonds and another with hershey kisses- i'll put a coffee filter in the center with indiana popcorn company choc covered popcorn and surround it all with cookies....

my biopsy didn't start on time so i am antsy-but i think i'm going to relax with my book and ice bag before i start baking tonite...

straightening up and packing so that we can get on the road about 730 or 8 on friday morning.....

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  12:52:57 PM  Show Profile
Haven't read all the posts yet but like I just said on the over 50 forum it is Winter Solstice and here in Maine it's dark already and it is (or was) 3:30 in the afternoon! Can't wait for the days to get longer now!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  1:01:26 PM  Show Profile
yep, Amy Grace,,, the Alpine Deli is my 'go to' for my German food fix, as well as lunch when I have to spend the better part of the day in Spokane.

Today's adventure was/is sending out updates to my High School Reunion Committee that I am a part of and then send out updates to the ladies attending the Sisters on the Fly/Farm Chick weekend... trying to figure who reserved site #1.... organizing a group of women is like hurding cats! >^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Ursula Norsedottir
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Amanda
Nebraska
37 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  3:00:21 PM  Show Profile
Well, today I cleaned. I am taking a day off from holiday madness! I did the basics, baked some bread, and I'll be making chicken fried venison steaks for dinner. A little laundry, end of the day straightening, and then early to bed! Tomorrow, however, is a rush. Our holiday is in two days, so I am going to have to finish the stocking, wrap gifts (and maybe get paper, we will see), prep for breakfast, and make pie. And I will have to do bedtime for three small kids alone, since Hubby has a night class tomorrow! I still barely know what I am doing for Yule dinner beyond a venison roast and sweet potato pie! I will probably double the mashed potatoes I make tonight and use the extra to make Duchess potatoes that night, and roast a little broccoli.

http://theblackbearden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MEWolf
True Blue Farmgirl

358 Posts

Margaret
Byers Colorado
USA
358 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Spent a lovely few hours volunteering at Longhopes Donkey Shelter today. I go every Wednesday. And I think I get as much out of it as the Donkeys do :-D

Margaret

“Kind hearts are the gardens, kind thoughts are the roots, kind words are the flowers, kind deeds are the fruits. Take care of your garden and keep out the weeds, fill it with sunshine, kind words and kind deeds.” ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1808-1882)
Farmgirl #3020
www.grey-wolf-farm.com
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  4:11:02 PM  Show Profile
I finished my co-worker gifts and distributed them. I put three shortbread cookies and a handful of almonds from the Mary Jane's spicy nut mix recipe into each of the pint sized jars. And I topped them off with a little embroidery embellishment.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  4:25:39 PM  Show Profile
very pretty paula!

Farmgirl # 2139
proud member of the Farmgirls of the Southwest Henhouse
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  5:11:16 PM  Show Profile
Finished up more goodies for my kitchen baskets which I am giving to my family members(mom,sister,aunt,cousin etc).
Snowman soup and butterscotch cookies in a jar- yum!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  5:51:00 PM  Show Profile
I love both the mason jar packaging pictures - so pretty and reusable:)

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

windswept
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

dawn
youngsville new york
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  6:31:07 PM  Show Profile
I had a great holiday day. I work in a busy Operating room..but the week before Christmas is traditionally slow (who wants surgery during the holidays), plus we've had some major staff disagreements that have divided us big time....but today we all semmed to relax and have a good time. Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

liven the life I love!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  03:46:11 AM  Show Profile
I wrote a letter to an elderly friend who is a pen pal.

We met while traveling abroad in S. Afria. We kind of adopted each other. She's my pseudo grandmother and I her grandaughter since all she has is sons. We have kept a correspondence since 2000.

It's amazing. She travels the world at least twice a year. Last year she went to Viet Nam and S. America.

I would pen write letter to her. In fact I used to , but she has severe macular degeneration. So she really appreciates the huge fonts I use on the computer. 11 pages later pretty much summed up the Summer . So that's how I spent the evening.

And much to my surprise, the nest boxes were brimming with eggs last evening! I think the warmer than average temp have been making a huge difference!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13634 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13634 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  06:48:35 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, everything on my list from yesterday is done except for finishing the gift for someone special, but that will be done first thing this morning!! My chiropractor appt. was a workout, so I have a bit of soreness this morning, but I believe that this regimen will help me over time . . .so keep it moving, drink lots of water and be thankful!
-sewing aprons today, several different ones!
-another power walk with Bramble
-more Christmas music, tea, cappuccino and enjoying the season.
A merry, merry "Thursday-before-Christmas" to you all!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  06:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Today my son and I are tie-dying t-shirts for all his siblings and their significant others - as our family gets bigger we are trying to keep things on a budget:) Then I get to re-clean the house....
Anna - that is really cool that you have that relationship with the lady you met on your travels - she sounds like an adventurous spirit. Oh, and one of my hens is producing again - maybe it's the end of the molt?....

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  08:51:44 AM  Show Profile
Well, my day is stressful. Woke up to a sick cat, with a bladder infection. Lots of laundry. :( Gotta pick up kitty meds. Best friend in hospital, gotta make dinners for her and her family and try to visit her. Baking still not done. Need to bake cookies and 36 cupcakes for daughter's school party. Gotta finish mailing cards, at least they are done. Can't wait til its all done and can relax and enjoy the holidays!

Good luck girls! I could use some...

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  11:05:17 AM  Show Profile
I am cleaning house, preparing snacks and getting the house ready for a sleep over party for my 9 yo's birthday tomorrow night. I am also doing some crocheting, and grocery shopping for Christmas breakfast and dinner items. Yesterday I canned another 8-1/2 pints of jelly for gifting.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

saria1108
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

lori
merced ca
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  11:11:42 AM  Show Profile
Hello, I am new to this forum
Today for us it is finishing up christmas shopping and doing laundry getting the three boys ready for our trip to roseville Ca. We are going to a pig roast and i think i am going to bring a green been dish, I have to figure out a way to keep it hot as we will be eating outside.

http://followthejeep.blogspot.com/

http://followthejeep.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  1:53:03 PM  Show Profile
WOW!!!!! And I thought I was busy. Finished the last of the baking yesterday - have been doing some sort of baking for the past week for various people (friends, mailman, postman, etc.). Frosted the last of the cookies yesterday afternoon. Make about 25 loaves of banana bread or zuck bread as well as some candied pecans (yummo). So yesterday DH got the great idea of getting out the boxes from the spare room closet and going through all the pictures we've taken for the last 40 years. Good golly!!!! Has been fun looking at them again, but have also tossed a lot too. We've just had these boxes stored for the past five years. Think I'd rather do the baking!! Lots easier. Did get all my cards out earlier, but think I'll start baking earlier next year - this year was just too much down to the wire. Sure everyone is thinking that they can all relax after Sunday. So to all I wish a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic 12/29/11: What are you doin' this week? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page