True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  10:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I would dearly love to connect with other Farmgirls in a chapter type arrangement, but live a little too far away!! I read about Catherine's first meeting with great enjoyment - sounds like such fun. What I was wondering is would other farmgirls who live far away or are not near a chapter like to form one? Not sure what we would do instead of meetings - maybe online meetings, snail mail round robin letters and exchanges - any other ideas welcome. If I get some feedback from others then I'll contact MaryJane's Farm to register our chapter. I've got an idea for a name - the 'Far-Flung Farmgirls'. Any other suggestions?
Also, don't know if a chapter like this already exists - I did a search and couldn't find anything. Does anyone else know?
Best wishes and looking forward to hearing from you,
Jayne

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  12:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne, What a lovely idea!! I dont know that I could ever actually come there, but if we did things online or other activities that I could participate in from a distance, that would be great!! Please count me in!
Hugz,
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  4:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Count me in! randi
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  4:31:06 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  4:52:53 PM  Show Profile
I think that's what this is all about! I'm in!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  10:25:29 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like so much fun! I agree - bringing farmgirl friends together IS what this is all about. Is there anything I can do to help?

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  12:04:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
How exciting - that makes 5 so far! Now I guess I'll register the chapter with MaryJane's and see what happens next. I think we get a start up pack and then we can get the ball rolling. I'll keep you posted here.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  12:15:27 AM  Show Profile
OK, the Far-Flung Farmgirls are officially registered!! I hope the name was OK with everyone - it said it can be changed if necessary. The start-up pack is being sent to me, but it has enough stuff for 10 members - anyone else want to jump in? I might post a note in Across the Fence - probably people who live far away don't even look in the Farmgirl Chapters section.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  03:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey gal pals! I'd love to join up also. I like the name, and the minute I saw it the name "Far Fetched Farmgirls" sprung to mind, too - ha! Anyway, count me in; southern France is far enough far flung for me to qualify! And when I do get to go "home" to my home in Norfolk, VA now and then, I can still email and participate from there, too.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  03:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Nancy - now we are six!! I love getting 'fun' mail too rather than just bills. I was reading an article recently about the dying out of letter writing and the writer was saying that she still follows the ritual of going out to the mailbox with expectation, even though there was never anything very good there. She said the best thing she has to look forward to in the mail nowadays are catalogues, as people just don't write letters anymore. And that's not counting the loss to future generations - no more finding a pile of love letters tied with a ribbon anymore. Anyway, getting off the track - welcome to the group and I'll post here with further details soon.
Best wishes,
Jayne

Edited by - daffodil dreamer on Aug 24 2006 03:23:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  03:28:58 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome, Jayne. It will be such fun getting to know each other and such fun to get "real" mail!! I remember reading an article in the (sob) now defunct Victoria magazine about the art of letter writing. It really is an art these days, and maybe we can help keep it from becoming a dying art. Anyway, lead on!!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  05:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
This is great Jayne!!
I will keep watching for your post! Let me know if there is anything I can do!!
Hugz to All!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  05:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Jayne and all Far-Flung Farmgirls,
Did you see Libbies new post?? I was wondering since we are all so far away from eachother..maybe we could send eachother bits and pieces so we can each make our apron with things from everyone in the group. We could make it from scratch and use the pieces to decorate, or for those of us more challanged with a sewing machine like me, we could buy one and add the pieces. This way it would be a true chapter apron with something from everyone. What does everyone think??? Just a thought!
Hugz!!
Talitha

Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  05:58:22 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Is there room for one more? This sounds fun! I like the apron idea, also the round robins and snail mail. There are so many other options for the chapter also. It will be so much fun!

Elizabeth

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  09:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Talitha, what a neat idea! I am also sewing machine challenged. I actually have an old Singer I bought about 30 years ago (in my Norfolk attic so you can imagine how often I used it) and don't have a machine here in France, but, regardless, in my case I like the idea of buying one and patching bits onto it. Nance
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  2:18:30 PM  Show Profile
If there's room for one more, please sign me up, I'd love to join - thank you!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh, and I forgot to add this, but I like the apron idea. What about also a recipe exchange on a monthly basis?

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  6:14:39 PM  Show Profile
signing in from kentucky .. i'm probably better with the on-line stuff more than the actual snail-mail stuff .. will we be able to kinda' pick and choose the projects we would want to participate in and 'stand by' on some of them?

Frannie Meshorer
Cabin Creek Farm
KENTUCKY

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  7:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, I went to bed last night and when I logged in this morning the group now has nine!!!
I love the apron idea too - I just read Libbie's post. Talitha, I like your idea of everyone getting/making their own apron and then everyone sending something to put on them. A bit like a quilt block swap but with apron decorations. We'll have to put that into action.
For the snail mail, I thought I could start sending a notebook around that everyone can write in - about whatever you like. Just a little book (so it doesn't weigh too much for postage) -I thought a book might be easier than lots of paper, so no pages will get lost and you can just flick back to where you last wrote and read on from there.
Would we like to start a little exchange going with this or would people like to wait for a while and just write for now? I was thinking a Christmas ornament exchange. If I posted a list on here, you would send the book and a little ornament (bought or made) to the next person on the list. Everyone could post their Christmas decorating style and colours here. What do you all think? Frannie, and anyone else, if you don't want to be involved in any project, just let me know. We will be here for whatever anyone wants to do. Also, if you are worried about postage costs, please let me know (via email if you like) and I'll make sure to match you with someone close, rather than me at the other end of the world!!!
If we all would like to do the apron, I could coordinate that. Everyone could send me their items and I would collect them all and post one from each person to everyone. Then I could send them along with the chapter stuff that comes from MaryJane's. I think we all get a sticker to stick on our car - my husband will go crazy - he can get a bit precious about the car!
Re online meetings, I've seen someone else just starting up a new topic and everyone chatting there. They obviously all agreed on a time and were posting together. Is this the best way to do it? I'm not the most computer literate person - I didn't know what a blog was until I started posting here!! Also we would have to work out time zones - I don't mind chatting in the middle of the night, then I won't get disturbed!!
Any ideas, please post and let me know what you think!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  8:17:54 PM  Show Profile
I love the notebook, and then sending an ornament with it for Christmas! Sounds so exciting!

gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  8:54:05 PM  Show Profile
I don't know of any farmgirl chapters here in my area of Florida..from what I have gathered they are in South Florida or in Georgia. So..if it's o.k. can I join in?

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~

Edited by - Tina Michelle on Aug 24 2006 8:54:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2006 :  9:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tina and welcome,
Now we are ten - it just keeps on growing!!
And I like Alison's idea of the recipe exchange - maybe we could just ech write our current favourite recipe in the notebook when it comes around?
Best wishes,
Jayne

Edited by - daffodil dreamer on Aug 24 2006 9:12:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  02:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Wow, all of these are great ideas! I wonder if we could swing the sametime online chatting; the part of Australia where my husband's daughter lives is 13 hours ahead of me in France, and France is 6 hours ahead of the east coast time zone in the US. That one might be tricky, but any of us who couldn't join in "live" could certainly add something afterwards. Anyway, we can work it all out together. Nance
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  06:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Hey as far as chatting and meetings, has anyone thought of one of the Family Websites. The are many that are free. You can post messages, pictures, calendars, and many have chatrooms. You can password protect, so we can freely post address and any names without fear, great for privacy. And they aren't just limited to Families. I just started on one for my family at Familylobby.com. It wasn't hard, and didn't take long. There is lots of room, and we will not crowd up this forum, and we might stay organized. If you all are intersted, I can get one going for us.

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  06:20:12 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
A couple thinks I forgot to mention about the Family websites, at least the one I chose for my Family site. You can also post recipes, and each person can chose their one password. So Nancy's, Jayne's, and mine could be all different.

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2006 :  2:27:21 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a great idea!! Count me in!

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Far away Farmgirls Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page