Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Favorite thing to do on the farm!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Favorite thing to do on the farm! Next Topic  

LavenderLover
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Mia
Georgia
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  4:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi again everybody! I wanted to ask all farmgirls what your favorite thing to do on the farm is! Mine is collecting eggs, and brushing our donkeys! What's yours?

~ As Rosemary is to the spirit, so Lavender is to the soul ~

Simply Satisfied
True Blue Farmgirl

427 Posts

Emily
Montana
USA
427 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  4:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Collecting eggs, and feeding the chickens extra treats that get them all excited. I also love collecting and drying and bottling my herbs for later use or gifts.

Emily
Farmgirl # 3591
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  6:41:46 PM  Show Profile
My favorite is feeding the animals and listening to contented munching on all sides of the barn =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Make eggnog not war!

Joyeux Noel!!!

'Nollaig shona duit!'

Happy Christmas!

May peace and plenty be the first to lift the latch on your door, and happiness be guided to your home by the candle of Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  02:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Definitely feeding & spoiling the chickens :)...Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  08:38:08 AM  Show Profile
That's a tough one without punting and saying "everything"! I love to stop and listen. I think the mornings play the best music when you walk outside and hear nothing but animal noises...cattle, chickens, birds, the whinnie/heehaw greetings from the horses and mule, the neighbor's rooster crowing and their goats making their little bleating noises. Sometimes it is all very loud, but it is always pleasant. I think I would wither away if I had to move back to town and hear nothing but people's voices, car doors banging, and traffic.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  11:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Tending our Longhorn cows! What a trip!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Dusky Beauty
True Blue Farmgirl

1108 Posts

Jen
Tonopah AZ
USA
1108 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  12:40:07 PM  Show Profile
I love watching the ducks play in puddles!! My second favorite thing is picking a basket full of produce from the couple trees or my garden, but duck-play is a guaranteed daily occurence :)

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

Kim L.
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Kimberly
Knoxville TN
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  4:02:24 PM  Show Profile
I love feeding in the morning. There is nothing like the sound of soft nickering, quaking and crowing :)

~Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.~
Mother Teresa

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  4:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes my favorite thing to do is nothing. I like to go sit under the shade tree. Just sit. Sometimes I knit or crochet or read. But only after all the animals have been fed so it's QUIET! And I can actually hear birds and bugs and goats and sheep munching grass or hay. And chickens pecking, not squacking trying to kill each other. When they are all fed, they are happy and so am I. And I can go out and sit and do nothing. But that doesn't last very long. Til I see something that has to be done. But it's nice while it lasts.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  03:25:34 AM  Show Profile
I think mine is to gather apples and start making Apple Butter. They are always small Apples, but I love how they feel in my hands.......

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  07:03:41 AM  Show Profile
i thought i would post my favorite thing to do at night after they have eaten/ all is calm i like to go out and love on every one. i pet them and clean stalls. they hang out with me and enjoy lots of loving. so when darkness comes and i can love and kiss my guys good night. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  2:22:20 PM  Show Profile
It depends on the season. Today the best time I had was was bringing the bunnies outside and sitting with a seed catalog and hot cup of organic coffee. Very serene and peaceful.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  6:06:22 PM  Show Profile
I like to just stop and listen to the silence. Not always possible but most of the time.:)
Go to Top of Page

Megan
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Megan
Hudson South Dakota
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  09:27:40 AM  Show Profile
well i dont have one definite favorite so, it would be taking the time to stop and be with any of my many animals. i really in joy being with my calf, she just makes me smile to see how friendly she has gotten, or the simple pleasures of watching my call ducks swim in the geese waters, or maybe watching the chickens, or maybe watching my old mare play. So hard to choose, and that doesn't include any of the garden or fruit trees.
I JUST LOVE MY FARM, and hope you love yours to no matter how big or small!

www.rockriverexoticsandkennel.net
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1425 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1425 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  09:32:22 AM  Show Profile
Well love reading this topic. Don't yet have a farm but do own 10 1/2 aceras and r talking about building a house in the spring. If we were there caring for the chickens and gathering the eggs would be my favorite. I love to hand out the wash.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  7:24:24 PM  Show Profile
I love weeding - got some months to go till it's weeding season but I can't wait!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

oldbittyhen
True Blue Farmgirl

1511 Posts

tina
quartz hill ca
USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  3:05:00 PM  Show Profile
in the spring, when all the babies have been born ( calves, kids, lambs, pigs, foals etc), and watching them with the same wonder I did when I was a child, every one of them a miracle, so sweet and innocent, just like my kids were when they were born, and something I could never tire of...

"Knowlege is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"

Edited by - oldbittyhen on Dec 29 2011 3:06:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lindsay C
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Lindsay
Rogersville AL
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  3:20:08 PM  Show Profile
My favorite thing is watching new baby goats frolicking around. They are endlessly amusing. I also really love sitting on my front porch with a cup of coffee and watching the sunrise/sunset over the fields.

Lindsay
Farmgirl Sister #1452
http://crowsonshire.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

artfulsister
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Terri
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  8:05:49 PM  Show Profile
I can only dream of this one as I do not have my farm yet. But I do have my doggies (and I love them!) and plants here at my home. I love to walk around and "visit" my herbs. I love to touch them, smell their fragrance, and thank them for being so wonderful!
Hugs,
Terri

Every day is a new opportunity for joy!
Go to Top of Page

Hoosiermom
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Beth
Alexandria IN
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2012 :  8:40:57 PM  Show Profile
I love watching our goats. Everytime I walk outside, they think they are going to get fed so they run up to the fence from the back pasture. I always chuckle at this & tell them "you crazy girls, it's not time for me to feed you"...it's always entertaining no matter how often it happens. Love our goats! Also, just listening to all the sounds. Love country life!
Go to Top of Page

AshleyH
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Ashley
Forsyth Mt.
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2012 :  06:49:40 AM  Show Profile
my favorite thing to do on the farm is when I walk out to my sheep and they hear me and start talking to me and they all run up to me when I get in the pasture. It makes me feel good knowing thata my animals are happy to see me everytime I come to see them. When I am having a bad day that always cheers me up.

www.hotterboardingntraining.com
www.caninelanguage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  3:57:51 PM  Show Profile
I love mowing the yard. I even mow my neighbors yard. I usually sing to myself as I mow.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  11:16:36 AM  Show Profile
Taking a break at the Prayer Bench. After a long morning, it's nice to just sit and watch the ducks on the pond and rest for a minutes, before getting back up and tackling even more work.

from the hearts of paradise...
1Thess. 4:11
http://thefarmwife.com
Go to Top of Page

wandrinbear
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

beth
az
29 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  3:12:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh graciegreeneyes please come and live with me!!!! Anybody who loves to pull weeds would never get to the point of having nothing to do. I don't mind doing it but it never gets completely done.
Watching the goats has always been a favorite. My Mom had goats when I was little and and they were the stars of the show whenever tow relatives came to visit.
Go to Top of Page

heritagehunter
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Julie
La Salle Co
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  11:46:05 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like Beth lives in the "garden of weedin".

I don't have my farm yet,either. But I always loved harvesting and canning/dehydrating.
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Favorite thing to do on the farm! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page