Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  11:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So we are hoping to start moving things to our new house in the next two weeks. Which means we need to pack up and be ready to go!!

So starting tonight I am going to tackle one area of the house and deep clean each night until I am done. During the deep clean I am getting laundry done, purging broken, stained, and unwanted items, and generally getting things ready for the boxes. I don't have boxes yet- but am planning on getting some tomorrow.

I started in the laundry room and am going to work my way forward. I got the cobwebs and 1/2 of the walls scrubbed so far. I took everything out of the storage cabinent and wiped that down inside and out. Already we have two garbage cans full of things that really were only back there because I hadn't made a decision about getting rid of them yet. I also wiped dow the outside of my pantry cupboards but I am going to wait until we are packed to wipe them out- flour and stuff spills way to easy and I would probably have to just do it all over again.

Last week in hopes that the move would come through, I started purging the clothes that don't fit or are stained or torn beyond repair. Already the house is feeling better and more in control. It's amazing how items can start taking over your life. I am hoping to really simplify when we move so that we can focus more time on the family and less on maintenance around the house. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The process continues this morning. I finished everything I could in my laundry room including moving the machines. Next is the bathroom.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:21:54 AM  Show Profile
Great plan. Good luck with your move. What an awesome way to simplify.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ingrid! It certainly is helping me clarify what I want to move and what is just extra clutter in my life. As I am going through I am imagining where I am going to put each item in the new house. If it doesn't fit or isn't reasonably useful- out it goes!

The laundry room looks great- I am pretty sure I just murdered a whole dust bunny nation that was worshiping my dryer as a god.... Note to self- move machines more often than once every two years....

I am pretty sure that I am committing mass spider murder as well- our house is horribly infested so I am glad that I am gettig rid of some of them and their egg sacks too.

The bathroom isn't in too bad of shape- and under the sink is mostly Costco toilet paper so I am just going to do my normal cleaning in there this week. I recently purged in there. So the next really big project is the kitchen. I need to make sure each container has a lid and that I am not keeping broken things.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  07:40:47 AM  Show Profile
How exciting! I'm so glad you are getting all that purging done ahead of time! We packed so fast and furious for our move, that I am unfortunately faced with a lot of unnecessary items and "hard" boxes to go through! Keep going girl! you'll be so thankful you did!

Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  11:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks April! :) It feels good to be getting rid of some of the clutter. Overall I only have a few sentimental items and everything else is easy necessary or it goes!!! :) We have a small kitchen so I am going to have to purge quite a bit there1

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile
I didn't know you were moving, where are you going? Must have missed this news.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  12:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Nancy! We are moving about 30 miles away to the country- in fact we will be just down the road from another MJF farmgirl! :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  4:01:01 PM  Show Profile
I had to laugh at your dust bunny nation imagery Alee - I think they have cousins at my house. And it's too true about the stuff taking over your life - sometimes I feel like I'm the curator of a museum devoted to stacks - stacks of clothes, stacks of magazines, etc. etc. Working on it. Are you buying a place? I will be in Billings calling on the co-op there in the spring - I love Montana!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  6:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Alee,
Congratulations on your move! Hope settling in goes smoothly!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2011 :  10:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy Grace- No we are not buying unfortunatly- still renting. But this is a good trial run for us to make sure we can "hack" country life. Already Doug was griping that there was too much space between us and the neighbor (about a quarter of a mile) I wish I couldn't even see the neighbor's house! Oh well. I hope he adjusts!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  06:21:41 AM  Show Profile
What a great way to move...picture it in the new house! I am so happy for you!

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Don't go with the flow...you are the flow.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  3:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today is out last full day in the old place. As you can imagine- we have been cleaning and purging like crazy today! Lots of laundry and such done. Found out that some of our baby clothes got black mold in them from either this place or the last :( It was sad to say good bye but once it has that in there- no way would I let it near a baby again. Doug worked REALLY hard on the garage. It was great! I am so proud of him!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  07:17:16 AM  Show Profile
I agree Alee, black mold is not good. I'm looking forward to your future posts about your new house. Enjoy your last full day.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic The Game Plan Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page