Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic It happens every year *sigh* Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  08:54:59 AM  Show Profile
No matter how early I start preparing for Christmas, I always get snowballed on the final stretch! Maybe I'll just send everyone an IOU and a cookie!

I always seem to catch a cold around December and it really drags me down too. I think that I'm just a habitual bite-off-more-than-I-can-chew type of girl. I STILL have to shop for my sweetie, and have a ton of packages to mail and baking to do. So I'm on a big push to wrap things up so that I can enjoy the holidays in peace among my partially done pile of projects

BUT, I've scratched off the list a bunch of out-standing needed fixed type projects & got the majority of junk out of my home so I won't be featured on Hoarders

I need a better mental way of organizing my time...Any other chronic over-doers out there?

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  2:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Annika- I know how that all. Goes!! This year I made the decision NOT to do so much and pared down the baking big time! My kids and sweetie surprisingly OK with whatever! I wrote down last year in my journal that I would stop the frenzy so that I could enjoy the holidays too. So far so good. The biggest step is allowing yourself to do things differently. And realize that as we grow older, we cannot keep up the same pace without paying athe price of sheer exhaustion!!! So I encourage you to regroup now and give yourself permission to take time to enjoy the seasona and maybe send cards sometime during the 12 days. Of Christmas while you enjoy the tree all lit up and some as hot cocoa. Good luck and happy holidays!! Enjoy the cold weather and snow for Mel because we had temps today in the 70s and the windows are open!!! Yesterday I was wondering it maybe I had the calendars ccwrong and should have had the Easter stuff out!! lol!!!
Winnie. #3109
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6642 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6642 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  2:37:43 PM  Show Profile
Annika- this new iPad typing is goofing me up so please excuse the typing errors above!!!! This Apple system is hard for me to get the hang of
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic It happens every year *sigh* Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page