Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Cleaning Up Challenges- 2011-2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning Up Challenges- 2011-2012 Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  2:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Okay ladies!!

We used to have a daily/weekly cleaning challenge and it really helped some of us find the motivation to get those extra things done and stay up on our day to day chores.

So I am going to start posting some semi-daily cleanig challenges. I will try to post everyday but some days might get missed.

If you can't get to one- don't worry... This is just supposed to be helpful- not stressful!!

Some come on and lets get some dust flying!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  2:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PURGE IT!

Yes- that means you!

(and me!)

You know those size 8 jeans that have lingered in the back of your drawer for when you "drop a few pounds"? That really hideous holiday sweater that you always promise Aunt Mildred that you will wear on Christmas but it always gets lost on Christmas day? The one you haven't worn...ever?

Are we really going to wear these clothes? No? Lets make room for the clothes we will wear! And yes- if we do drop those couple of pounds- we DESERVE the new pair of pants!

So here's the challenge- anything you haven't worn in a year- let's get rid of. Keep any essential winter/summer gear but if it has been hanging around for over a year with out being worn- chances are you are't going to wear it in the new year either. Let's either contribute the fabric to our fabric hoard or donate the clothes to a local thrift store or shelter so someone else can use them.

I just purged two large garbage sacks full of unwearable clothes from my closet and drawers. I think my husband has at least that much in his drawers to get rid of- That's a lot of wasted space!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Edited by - Alee on Dec 10 2011 9:43:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  4:59:35 PM  Show Profile
I did that earlier in the year. Although they are out of my drawers/closet...they are still in a rubbermaid container in my room....so not sure if I accomplished anything with it or not! lol I want to take them to the Women's Shelter in the city b/c they are nice enough clothes & would help someone. (I got them from my sister who is slightly different shaped than me, so the ones that were long on her were too short on me :s).

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2011 :  10:21:09 PM  Show Profile
I have four garbage bags going to Goodwill this weekend that I just purged out of my closet and drawers and those of my boys and DH.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  9:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Cleaning up Challenge for Sunday/Monday

Vacuuming out the couch cushions and other hidden places.

We all love sitting on the couch after a busy day- but if they haven't been cleaned for a while that can suddenly not be so relaxing... Especially if you come up with a hand of who-knows-how-old cheerios when looking for the missing (again) remote.

So lets pull off those cushions and vacuum underneath. If you have covers on your couches- lets get those washed as well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Edited by - Alee on Dec 12 2011 06:37:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:11:54 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alee
So here's the challenge- anything you haven't worn in a year- let's get rid of.

I was busy this weekend, so I just did this one a little bit ago. I have 2 kitchen trash bags and a grocery bag full of clothes, that will be out of the house by the end of the day.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  06:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is awesome! I am so glad that everyone is really getting into the spirit of the challenges! I'll post another tonight for Tuesday...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  12:45:14 AM  Show Profile
This is a wonderful idea! Keep the posts coming!

I find that I always start cleaning my bedroom and am too pooped to make it to the other end of the house. So the hobby room never gets cleaned..lol.

~Ashley
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  05:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today's Challenge:

The Junk Drawer!

We all have one. Sometimes it might be more than one or even a junk closet. Whatever form it takes in your house it is usually disorganized and bulging at the seams!! Let's open 'er up and clean 'er out! Anything that really isn't being used (do we really need all the spare screws and if so can they go in the tool chest?) or isn't needed- let's purge! Things that have a better storage location should be put away. Lets see if we can get down to the bottom of the drawer!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning Up Challenges- 2011-2012 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page