CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  3:07:56 PM  Show Profile
(pardon the caps .. not shouting .. i just often type in all lower or all upper .. cuz' i don't pay any attention .. and then i've typed a ba-jillion words .. and just keep rolling. this, actually, is a 'copy' of an e-mail i sent to my 'kentucky ramblers' ...

JUST HAD TO SHARE LUCAS' BIRTHDAY PICTURE WITH YOU ALL.
FIVE YEARS OLD - AUGUST 15.

OUR LITTLE 'ANGEL-BABY' IS BECOMING A 'LITTLE BOY'
... RATHER THAN A 'BABY' ... TIMELY, IN 'THE CIRCLE OF LIFE' ..
SINCE A NEW BABY BROTHER OR SISTER IS DUE WITHIN WEEKS. LUCAS IS SUCH A COMBINATION OF HIS MOM AND DAD .. BOTH IN LOOKS AND MANNERISMS!

O.K. .. O.K. ... BEAR WITH A 'GRAMMIE' STORY HERE, PLEASE.

SUNDAY, A BUNCH OF OHIO POLITICAL CANDIDATES CAME TO SANDUSKY, OHIO .. AND FRANK, WEDNESDAY, AND LUCAS WERE THERE WITH A CROWD OF WELL-WISHERS TO MEET AND GREET THEM.

ALL THE POLITICIANS ARRIVED TOGETHER ON A 'BUS' ... AND LUCAS TOLD HIS MOM THAT HE WANTED TO MEET "TED STRICKLAND" ... AN OHIO CONGRESSMAN WHO IS RUNNING FOR GOVERNOR OF OHIO .. HE KNEW WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE FROM PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE TOLEDO NEWSPAPER.

LUCAS HAS APPEARED AT POLITICAL RALLEYS AND EVENTS SINCE ALMOST THE DAY HE WAS BORN. HE HAS BEEN PRESENT AT QUITE A FEW CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS (HIS DAD, FRANK, IS A TOLEDO CITY COUNCILMAN) AND HAS MARCHED IN MANY POLITICAL PARADES .. AND YES, CAMPAIGNED FOR LOTS OF DEMOCRAT CANDIDATES!

SHE WATCHED AS LUCAS MADE HIS WAY TO THE FRONT OF THE CROWD
AND WALKED PAST LOTS OF CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR OFFICE ..
AND WAITED BY THE FRONT DOOR AND AS TED STRICKLAND WALKED OFF
THE BUS .. LUCAS STUCK OUT HIS HAND AND SHOOK THE GOVERNOR-CANDIDATE'S HAND AND CONGRESSMAN STRICKLAND BENT TOWARD HIM
AND THEY HAD A SEVERAL MINUTES CONVERSATION BEFORE HE WALKED ON TO MEET OTHERS ... (A PHOTOGRAPHER FOR ONE OF THE NEWSPAPERS SNAPPED THEIR PHOTO AS THEY TALKED).

DURING THE CONVERSATION, OUR DAUGHTER, WEDNESDAY, SAW LUCAS HOLD UP HIS HAND WITH FOUR FINGERS AND THUMB OUTSTRETCHED ..
WHEN HE SAID HIS GOODBYE'S TO THE GOVERNOR .. LUCAS WALKED BACK TO HIS MOM.

WEDNESDAY ASKED LUCAS WHAT HE AND THE CANDIDATE HAD TALKED ABOUT.
LUCAS REPLIED: "MY BIRTHDAY PARTY"!!

YOU JUS' GOTTA' LOVE CHILDREN AND THEIR 'PRIORITIES' IN LIFE!

+++++++++
NEXT DAY:

lucas didn't get his PICTURE in the paper with the "Man Who Would Be Governor" of Ohio .... but this was quoted in the morning paper about his 'bold move' to 'shake hands with the Governor'. I think we have another Szollosi Politician in the making in Ohio!!! xo, frannie

> Lucus Szollosi, 5, of Toledo showed his enthusiasm
> and possibly his powers of prognostication, as he
> barreled through the crowd to, in his words: "Shake
hands with the governor."
>
>
> That move earned him a handshake and some tussled
> blonde hair from the man who would gladly comply
> with the youngster's statement.

===========

THEY FORGOT TO MENTION THE TRUE INTENT OF THE CONVERSATION ...
LUCAS' BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!

PROGNOSTICATION: prog·nos·ti·cate (prg-nst-kt)
tr.v. prog·nos·ti·cat·ed, prog·nos·ti·cat·ing, prog·nos·ti·cates
1. To predict according to present indications or signs; foretell. See Synonyms at predict.
2. To foreshadow; portend: urban renewal that prognosticates a social and cultural renaissance

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  3:50:23 PM  Show Profile
GOTTA LOVE THOSE GRAND BABBIES, WE HAVE FOUR OF THEM AND THEY KEEP US ENTERTAINED AND BUSY!! WILL VOTE FOR LUCUS WILL HAVE MY VOTE WHEN HE RUNS FOR OFFICE.
and no i was not shouting, i have to look at the keys when i'am typing not the screen.
nancy jo
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  3:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie! That was a hoot! What a sweet LITTLE BOY! Five years old and already that bold...watch out for this one, he's going places!

Catherine

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  5:02:31 PM  Show Profile
we're hoping his daddy gets there first! he has been in 'politics' since HE was a little boy .. his whole family has been involved in toledo politics for several generations .. (i call them the 'poor kennedys' .. except .. that i swear .. this family is so wonderfully 'moral' ... just what this olde country needs!!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2006 :  7:22:06 PM  Show Profile
What a kid!! Good for him maneuvering his opportunity to meet this man. I doubt that Ted Strickland realizes what he really did that day, taking the time to talk to Lucas. But I bet it made an impression that will last a lifetime.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  05:52:39 AM  Show Profile
Love that Lucas! What a wonderful young man. Good luck to his daddy in future political races -- and watch out, world! Here comes Lucas!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic LUCAS meets "The Governor" Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page